• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official Ryzen Owners Thread ***

Thought you were cancelling the crosshair? :)

I ordered it from another company. They were charging over the odds for it anyway and I thought what the hell I dont need it. But then OCUK had them in stock at a good £40 less.
The iitch got to me, and I figured if this platform is good for another 4 years I may as well get a decent motherboard.
That and MSI are ******* me off. Their support is dire and when you do get a reply it is barely in English.
Corsair are also dragging their feet so I'm stuck on the stock cooler. At least I can use my cooler now. And I like shiny things. I've pressed all the buttons on the MSI now, its not new anymore :)

The Asus ai suite overclocking is pretty on point if you are not pushing too far.

I wanted to see if using that would Oc and still drop clocks and volts at idle.

From the previous playing I did, though limited, I was getting the impression I would be aiming for 3.95 to keep it closer to 1.35v.

And the Oc software ended up at 3.95, at 1.35/6v.

Doesn't clock down at idle though :/

It didn't do anything with the memory, but that may be because I had docp selected.

Also already had a couple of voltages set manually in BIOS, but hadn't set anything cpu specific.

Attitude from meds lol.

Must remember that one.
Attitude when I FORGET to take my pills in the morning. I'm whole day ****** of like hornet looking for excuse to explode on anyone for most silly reason. But that's why i got them prescribed to keep it under control.

I ordered it from another company. They were charging over the odds for it anyway and I thought what the hell I dont need it. But then OCUK had them in stock at a good £40 less.
The iitch got to me, and I figured if this platform is good for another 4 years I may as well get a decent motherboard.
That and MSI are ******* me off. Their support is dire and when you do get a reply it is barely in English.
Corsair are also dragging their feet so I'm stuck on the stock cooler. At least I can use my cooler now. And I like shiny things. I've pressed all the buttons on the MSI now, its not new anymore :)

Another MSI lover like myself. MSI motherboard ?? Never ever EVER again.

The Asus ai suite overclocking is pretty on point if you are not pushing too far.

I wanted to see if using that would Oc and still drop clocks and volts at idle.

From the previous playing I did, though limited, I was getting the impression I would be aiming for 3.95 to keep it closer to 1.35v.

And the Oc software ended up at 3.95, at 1.35/6v.

Doesn't clock down at idle though :/

It didn't do anything with the memory, but that may be because I had docp selected.

Also already had a couple of voltages set manually in BIOS, but hadn't set anything cpu specific.

Thats ofe of reasons i hate my chip. If You OC using BCLK it wont downclock. Or I dont know what to change to heve downlock option. Like there is no middleground or you run 3850 or 4ghz to have cpu clockdown option.

Had no time to OC tonight because by the time installed W10, software, tonned down W10 settings (privacy, services etc), and played bit WOT, is 23:00 -_-
What took me a lot of time to figure out how to stop the Vardars working at 100%. They drove me crazy and Speedfan isn't working with the new motherboard (grrrrrr)

Lets see tomorrow what can get ouf of the 1700X :)

Have to say this is the most fun I've had overclocking since my old i7 860. Don't get me wrong it's frustrating but there are rewards for persevering. Finally memory speeds actually give really good improvements.

What speeds are people running? I'm currently seeing how high I can go and so far managed 3500mhz C14 on the Crosshair Hero. Using the stock Wraith cooler so I'm not pushing the cpu towards 4ghz yet, settled on ~3.7ghz.

Update to the latest bios 1001 mate. Keep checking the thread for updates.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1624603/rog-crosshair-vi-overclocking-thread

Links been taken down as they had some guys not being able to post with them. If people still want to try them, I've put them up here >

Hey, I've hosted them on my googledrive for you guys. Obviously since they have been taken down Im not responsible if it fails to post etc but here we go...

1T RAM 1001
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bww6UVvsSWsvZnA2MFhNNTc2bUk

2T RAM 0038
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bww6UVvsSWsvVVBLaWhEaUJoWEE

Any problems use flashback to 0902

Thats ofe of reasons i hate my chip. If You OC using BCLK it wont downclock. Or I dont know what to change to heve downlock option. Like there is no middleground or you run 3850 or 4ghz to have cpu clockdown option.

Why all this downclock talk is this overclockers or power savers... This forum is getting sooooooo weak. 1 more Mhz not a 1000 less watts is the correct attitude!!

Why all this downclock talk is this overclockers or power savers... This forum is getting sooooooo weak. 1 more Mhz not a 1000 less watts is the correct attitude!!

The forum theme should be changed to green to reflect our new power saving mentality :P

Raja@ASUS on rog forums replied to a thread of mine saying new AGESA update for the prime boards will be coming soon, so some good news there.

I just changed from a MSI B350 to a C6H, did not even need to re-install Windows. The MSI board was ok though, just too basic.

Back
Top Bottom