• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official Ryzen Owners Thread ***

Caporegime
Putting those cores n threads to work in Crysis 3 with x4 GPUs. :)

2017.03.16-18.09.png

2017.03.16-18.09_02.png

Soldato
CH6 installed but unfortunately no water cooler. The am3 backplate i got from the rainforest is pants. The nuts that are installed are a different pitch to the standoffs i got with the Corsair. But they fit perfect with the plates that come with the tomahawk and the CH6.

On the plus side the ram booted at 2666 first time. I'm going to play to get it to 3000.
Just installing drivers and bios updates before i begin.

Soldato
CH6 installed but unfortunately no water cooler. The am3 backplate i got from the rainforest is pants. The nuts that are installed are a different pitch to the standoffs i got with the Corsair. But they fit perfect with the plates that come with the tomahawk and the CH6.

On the plus side the ram booted at 2666 first time. I'm going to play to get it to 3000.
Just installing drivers and bios updates before i begin.

Hi, think I got the same AM3 back plate as you and I have installed a H100i V2, the nuts did not screw in much and I was thinking the block was not making contact but it was as the paste from the block was on the CPU and temp are very good (idles is 26C in Ryzen Master and HWMonitor).

Soldato
Hi, think I got the same AM3 back plate as you and I have installed a H100i V2, the nuts did not screw in much and I was thinking the block was not making contact but it was as the paste from the block was on the CPU and temp are very good (idles is 26C in Ryzen Master and HWMonitor).

Oh ok. I did not want to risk it as it felt a little loose so I stuck the stock cooler on...
Was it the yellow bracket one?

Soldato
I have finalised the voltages at the following clocks. Voltages under Prime95 FFT load.

3500mhz - 1.048v (1.100v in bios)
3700mhz - 1.160v (1.225v in bios)
3900mhz - 1.320v (1.400v in bios)

4000mhz unfortunately requires a voltage which sends the VRM temps too high for me to do a sustained Prime95 FFT test.

I'll be going ahead with the 3700mhz for 24x7 use. It also doesn't even need anything more than stock cooling at that level which makes my £50 Noctua purchase seem like a waste.

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh ok. I did not want to risk it as it felt a little loose so I stuck the stock cooler on...
Was it the yellow bracket one?
Yes, I still keep checking temps as it just looked wrong but it is running fine? I am going to go on Bf1 a bit latter to test it out fully as temp readings could be wrong.

Associate
Well I decided to try the new bios out but it locked up whilst updating :(

Oh and then to find out flashback doesn't want to work :( oh well I have a new paper weight haha

Associate
Both of the new bios shut down my pc after 10 minutes, bricking completely the system. I had no OC or any other changes from

Restoring 0902 doesn't help either. Getting error 8 and nothing else.

I'm getting error f9 which I think stands for "the bios is fudged" can't get flash back to work but I just found a 3rd USB drive I will try.

Starting to think the new bios were withdrawn for a short time for this very reason. Oh well it's all fun and games :)

Associate
Both of the new bios shut down my pc after 10 minutes, bricking completely the system. I had no OC or any other changes from

Restoring 0902 doesn't help either. Getting error 8 and nothing else.

I got code 8 after updating to 1001, I press the reset(??) button on the back of the motherboard and after 5 mins it posted and I'm now in windows ok.

Soldato
OK. So many years passed since last AMD silly socket was used that forgot the golden rule. Do not tighten the waterblock..... Or else the cpu could come off.........

As it did the moment removed the predator block to follow the advice and remove the centre rubber from the back plate regardless if EKWB says to keep it on.....

cpu resettled, fresh kryonaut applied, block screwed but not tight is alive and running 10C cooler than before. (41 instead of 51).

1001 installed and system booted. Time to see if stable (all stock no of)

Back
Top Bottom