• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official Ryzen Owners Thread ***

Soldato
why do you need to send back the hero boards? mine here is working eyetrip has the b350 prime plus

Did a little more testing this morning. It's just not stable at stock. I can't take a chance that whatever the problem is is fixed with a BIOS update :/

Will have to send back to Ocuk - what a pain in behind :(

Soldato
Did a little more testing this morning. It's just not stable at stock. I can't take a chance that whatever the problem is is fixed with a BIOS update :/

Will have to send back to Ocuk - what a pain in behind :(

indeed I imagine if there is a general problem with these boards out returns staff will know soon enough,

Soldato
What's the lowdown on the Hero? I can't access Reddit at work.
Some people are having trouble flashing the bios if its not working out of the box. You need a usb stick and a newer bios on hand if it doesnt (go for 5803)

Guide - http://i.imgur.com/QpoP7Ye.png

Some others have corrupted updates and bricked it, which requires RMA.

Once you are up and running I cant say there's any problem apart from being pretty picky about overclocking/RAM settings, but again - immature bios.

Soldato
Basically different results, some work perfectly, some don't POST, some are erroring out eventually. It's a mixed bag.

Could be several things, main ones being RAM support and immature BIOS.
But like me then I got error 61 on mine and wouldn't post, yet the little asus matx works like a charm, I have ordered a gaming 7 and the the little asus will be my reserve

Soldato
Starting returns for my board. Just wish Oc wouldn't try and convince me to keep it as it may be "teething issues".

Not taking the chance I spend weeks/months waiting for possible BIOS updates to find it hasn't improved.

Wasted my long weekend on this...

What a bloody mess they have made of this release on the board front.

Back
Top Bottom