******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

alpha/beta access is tied to packages not your account. There was talk about it being locked to the account once bought but it never happened. You'll get a warning that you're about to melt your last package etc when you go to do it because of this.

What you could do is buy the aurora MR starter package (has SQ42, PU, beta access) and buy individual alpha passes e.g. Arena Commander. Then melt everything else.

The alternative is simply to wait on cross chassis upgrades, they're coming for every ship once it's flyable, the Retaliator is likely going to be the first multi-crew ship which is seeing as it's the test bed for multi-crew.

This is what i'm going to do depending on how much the Tali goes up for sale for. Yes it means buying a pass and being one of the last to join but i'm not bothered.

They won't allow melting game packages and keeping access as they will make less money.

I have $375 to spend so should be enough.

The whole process needs simplified, but I think they've got themselves tied in knots to the degree now that unraveling it will take a bit of effort.

Hopefully they come up with a simple drop down like:

Ship I have ¬UPGRADE TO¬ Ship I want

=Cost

Accept?

that's really all that's needed !

Keeping an eye out for Citizencon tickets - didn't they say they might be put up shortly after SXSW?

Pretty sure they said *after*, rather than implying any urgency. I mentioned this when it was posted a couple of weeks back.

I've seen other messages from CS saying it'll be weeks before the event, like a month, which goes with what HalfMad said.
However, the 'after SXSW' line was repeated by Ben on RtV last week, and out of 2 different key CIG staff vs CS, i'd say CS are fairly out of the loop and most likely just repeating the same canned response. They've been told to give in the past.

Still, it could be another month, but we'll get an announcement about when its happening, dont expect it to suddenly go on sale.

This is what i'm going to do depending on how much the Tali goes up for sale for. Yes it means buying a pass and being one of the last to join but i'm not bothered.

They won't allow melting game packages and keeping access as they will make less money.

I have $375 to spend so should be enough.

The Tali was $275. It was $250, then for no reason went to $275 around the first anniversary. I'm sure i heard/read they said ships will go up $5 per phase, but 90% of them have gone up by $10+ each phase, the M50 & 350 did and they were $100 or less to begin with, not $250.

That said, dont forget that if you're melting your Gladiator, thats credit, you'll only be taxed on the cash part of the transaction, so if you need $100 to complete the payment, thats $100+$20 VAT. It'll only be hitting $350 regions if you're buying outright.

oh yeah, and as i said yesterday over on Bit-Tech, if you're one of those first 400k backers and you've got an Alpha pass, then get in touch with CS, remind them of the fact that
A) You're one of those 400k backers, with an Alpha pass
B) They've been saying for about 9mo now we'll be able to transfer packages or tie it to the account.
C) You want to spend more blooming money helping them, and its a damn shambles if you have to sacrifice cos they cant get their act together and create a simple system for packages.

How complicated would it have been to define packages in a similar way to hangars or even ships.

Package options:
Entry lvl Virtual $10, Basic Virtual $15, Basic Physical $25 etc etc

Hangar options:
Basic $0, $Business $10, Deluxe $20, Asteroid $30

Ships:
Aurora $25, Freelancer $100 etc

Tell the user they need to select one from each column, like selecting parts to build a PC, and then in 6mo if you want to upgrade to something, either swap the component, or add another (like SLI/Xfire).

But no, they lock them, and despite reports that they'll swap the alpha to another package, theres plenty of reports of CS suggesting they wont. I suspect if you're $1000 concierge they will though, and play with your balls while they're at it.

Well I think ill melt my Herald as they have changed the design to Asymmetrical and Cutlass because I hate flying it.....it feels like Bambi on Ice...then just pay the rest for the Tali!

$375 is no where near as much as some have spent but I feel it's pretty poor that someone whose spent that much on a game will lose their early access because they no longer want a certain ship.

I'll message cs on Friday and say I want to keep my alpha and beta access but remove super hornet and it's bonuses. I'll add a basic game package and then buy Tali.

Well I think ill melt my Herald as they have changed the design to Asymmetrical and Cutlass because I hate flying it.....it feels like Bambi on Ice...then just pay the rest for the Tali!

I liked the Herald because it was ugly, wish they'd stop trying to make everything look nice! We need variety, sadly many on the forums don't agree and whinge about everything.

There's pointing out that you can't see out of a window (like some of the Freelancer comments) and then there's whinging because a ship isn't to your personal taste which is what many did with the Herald IMHO. It had already been approved by Chris Roberts so tbh, as far as I'm concerned it should have stayed.

I liked the Herald because it was ugly, wish they'd stop trying to make everything look nice! We need variety, sadly many on the forums don't agree and whinge about everything.

There's pointing out that you can't see out of a window (like some of the Freelancer comments) and then there's whinging because a ship isn't to your personal taste which is what many did with the Herald IMHO. It had already been approved by Chris Roberts so tbh, as far as I'm concerned it should have stayed.

Well thats why I liked it and bought it, based on the original concept....I know these things are subject to change, but they have compeltely changed it from an Ugly duckling to a Asymetrical design.....also I'd imagine it will be relatively cheap to aquire in game, being Drake...and that Tali is head and shoulders my fav ship.....I'd be happy having that alone, so will be making the swap if I can.

X55 is fine, I'm really happy with a right wierd combo at the moment. CH Pro throttle, Cessna Pro pedals and a G300 mouse. Didn't think I'd enjoy HOTAM but somehow I'm starting to click with it.

£120 is a very good price for an X55, seeing as a CH pro throttle itself will set you back £80+ in the Uk.

Chances are the Retaliator will be a single ship, so no game package etc. They've history of doing this so if you melt (for store credit) the Freelancer you may have to get the Retaliator + cheap aurora to still retain access to the modules and actually have the game, otherwise you'd end up with a ship for a game you can't play :)

I'll just buy it as well.

I like the freelancer, looks like the Serenity.

Retaliator just looks bad ass, probably never use it.

Back
Top Bottom