******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Dave CCUs are coming for it mate same with the connie etc. They haven't confirmed specifics but hell they never do :)

I ditched PTU and went back to the vanilla client as my broadband simply couldn't keep up to date with massive PTU patches so a bit gutted to say the least!

Nice one, look forward to seeing what they allow. If the Tali pops up then will probably ditch my Hornet and Gladiator and run that solo.

Some big changes to weapon mounts in a design update. A new type (manual turret, pylon etc.), size and pipe (heat, power etc.) system is being introduced to specify what can be fitted on the ship mounts.

Mounting Unmanned turrets (gimbals) are one size lower than the maximum available size and manual turrets are two sizes lower. This should provide a more flexible system though until the ship specs are updated to reflect them it’s hard to tell which ships it affects the most as the max sizes will I presume be changed.

Also there is a new Letter From The Chairman.

Don't know much about star citizen, but just wondering whether ships have turrets on them with auto aim?

It seems with the level of detail that they are going for with the game (aka immersion) it would seem almost unbelievable how you would have such advanced ships but you still need to manually point your ship and aim... I know it wouldn't be great for gameplay purposes but still curious.

Chris addressed that a way back, acknowledging the way ships are build is not realistic. The winner in such battles would be decided by who's having a better computer and greater firepower.

I would expect such battles to be more like Star Trek then the funny Battlestar Galactica. :p

Anyway, the gameplay it's a combination between Hollywood action and the real deal. Which is quite ok!

My little 7950 manages around 10FPS on eyefinity (5760x1080) on max settings in the Asterioid PTU hangar, looks incredible though.

Still holding off until the end of the year for my PSU+GPU upgrade.. must maintain mental strength.. must ignore the OCUK MM!

My little 7950 manages around 10FPS on eyefinity (5760x1080) on max settings in the Asterioid PTU hangar, looks incredible though.

Still holding off until the end of the year for my PSU+GPU upgrade.. must maintain mental strength.. must ignore the OCUK MM!

Cant you just run with one monitor? My 7950 destroys it at high. Max is OK too, but high is perfect.

I want to do an upgrade for SC too. I'm skipping the 3xx(x) series and waiting for the die shrink. Going to buy a new monitor at the same time @ 144p-4k depending on what's sensible.

Wish I had access to the MM :( I've been keeping an eye out for a super cheap 290.

Cant you just run with one monitor? My 7950 destroys it at high. Max is OK too, but high is perfect.

I want to do an upgrade for SC too. I'm skipping the 3xx(x) series and waiting for the die shrink. Going to buy a new monitor at the same time @ 144p-4k depending on what's sensible.

Wish I had access to the MM :( I've been keeping an eye out for a super cheap 290.

Oh I do run on one monitor, but playing in 3 most of the time then dropping to one feels odd :) Still no point upgrading until the newer cards are out as the current top of the range ones will plummet on the members market!

May treat myself to a brand new card for the first time in 10 years seeing as I'm 40 this year!

Can you guys help me out.

Really interested in playing this. I have no idea when its due to come out or what and where i should be buying this from. Never played space sims before.

I know google would asnwer these... but hoping i get some direct answers.

* Could you guys link me to a good youtube channel that has guides from 101 upwards so i can start learning how and what its all about.

* I noticed there's a few prices and packages to buy. I'm pretty skint ( like most), dont have an awful lot of time to game due to younge family. What should i go for?

* Any other tips and links i should read?

Last edited:
[TFU] Thegoon84;27779367 said:
* I noticed there's a few prices and packages to buy. I'm pretty skint ( like most), dont have an awful lot of time to game due to younge family. What should i go for?

Easiest one, I or someone else will answer the others. Register an account on the RSI site and back a $6 ship skin, that registers the account as a backer and any future backer rewards for hitting funding goals will be applied to your account. You can always decide whether to actually get the game etc later and if you do you can "melt" the ship skin for $6 store credit.

So maximum "loss" if you decide not to bother is $6 :D The reason for getting a backer status account ASAP is that they do occasionally give rewards such as 10,000 in starting money/in-game cash which if you were to buy it through the pledge store would be worth $10. It's rare but to be honest we're probably due something else soon too.

Example skin (these haven't been made yet, you're pledging for when they are): https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Add-Ons/Dread-Pirate-Skin

So register an account and grab something like that, job done. However you won't have access to Arena commander, Hangar etc until you get a ship which includes that level of access and for that you'll need a ship package, such as this:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Aurora-MR-AC-Starter
$54, although sales come up fairly regularly that now seem to include some form of starter or cheap package for those who are on the fence.

You MIGHT be able to pick up a mustang omega code for around $30 of reddit. They are in short supply now though, so there might not be any left for that kind of price now. Also, the single player campaign is no longer included which kinda sucks, but you could buy it separately later.

for another $6 you can upgrade it to an Avanger, which would be an amazing starter ship for the money. Doing that would also give you backer status, which means you might get a few freebies here and there.

EDIT - pro tip! Pay in EUR in the website, its cheaper the USD or GBP.

You MIGHT be able to pick up a mustang omega code for around $30 of reddit. They are in short supply now though, so there might not be any left for that kind of price now. Also, the single player campaign is no longer included which kinda sucks, but you could buy it separately later.

for another $6 you can upgrade it to an Avanger, which would be an amazing starter ship for the money. Doing that would also give you backer status, which means you might get a few freebies here and there.

EDIT - pro tip! Pay in EUR in the website, its cheaper the USD or GBP.

So how on earth can i pay the extra 12 and where can i pay it... So confused its unreal haha.

I'm visual learner, prefer watching example video's. Any good youtube guides out there?

[TFU] Thegoon84;27779507 said:
So how on earth can i pay the extra 12 and where can i pay it... So confused its unreal haha.

I'm visual learner, prefer watching example video's. Any good youtube guides out there?

12? wut?

Buy AMD omega code of reddit.

Buy Omega - Avanger upgrade off offical site.

The single player isnt included anymore, you can buy it seperatly when its released, but you cant buy it now.

To confuse you further, old omega packs DID include the single player game, so if you could find one of those on reddit, then thats that solved.

12? wut?

Buy AMD omega code of reddit.

Buy Omega - Avanger upgrade off offical site.

The single player isnt included anymore, you can buy it seperatly when its released, but you cant buy it now.

To confuse you further, old omega packs DID include the single player game, so if you could find one of those on reddit, then thats that solved.

Beginning to understand... Do i just google "AMD omega code reddit". Then register with the code on offical site and pay £6 extra to get the Avanger updrage?

[TFU] Thegoon84;27779507 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq2wM4Uy7vM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKDWdTNdCqk

There are tons of them on youtube, just remember that the game is in development and things change constantly, pricing for example now has to include taxes for EU residents (thanks EU).

Back
Top Bottom