******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

[TFU] Thegoon84;27779654 said:
Beginning to understand... Do i just google "AMD omega code reddit". Then register with the code on offical site and pay £6 extra to get the Avanger updrage?

When you get the mustang registered on your account you buy the CCU (cross chassis upgrade) and apply it to the ship in the hangar section of the RSI site, this will change it to an Avenger. You need to have registered and be logged in to access that page though after you've got your AMD code working.

[TFU] Thegoon84;27779654 said:
Beginning to understand... Do i just google "AMD omega code reddit". Then register with the code on offical site and pay £6 extra to get the Avanger updrage?

Bingo (except theres a star citizen reddit page which you will have to look through)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Starcitizen_trades/new/

Its confusing as hell I know.

Things you should know.

Pro(s)

-an avanger package for $36 instead of the $90 it would cost on the website

cons

-No squadron 42 (single player game)

-Normally you could cash the package in for credits and then get another package, but you cant do that with this, only further upgrade it.

-Shorter insurance and less start money, which really isnt a big deal.

Your call, but I think its the way forward.

Just want to say hi from the UOLTT/LTT forums. I've been around these forums for a while but wanted to say hi as an official UOLTT member and maybe have a friendly match on SC with you lot some time. :)

I contacted concierge about them a couple of weeks ago, basically the response was they don't know when it's being done but not anytime soon. 8-10 weeks before the event was typical from past events though.

I know I'll be spamming like mad in here when I find out though!

Speaking of which, Retaliator sale this friday. Hoping for CCUs but can't see that happening until mutli-crew AC.

Monday, March 16th
- 10 for the Producers

Tuesday, March 17th
- Meet the Devs: Jeremy Masker

Wednesday, March 18th
- Vault Update
- Fan Spotlight: Wallpapers Vol. 4

Thursday, March 19th
- Around the Verse Episode 34
- SXSW Video

Friday, March 20th
- Retaliator Sale
- Jump Point (Retaliator issue!)

Sunday, March 21st
- Weekly Roundup

There are several orgs on here bud, all in the OP. I can add in LTT to the list if you want :) Happy to have as many options for OCUK folk as possible!

Be my guest, I'm was a bit wary as some forums don't like other orgs posting and some here see LTT forums as rivals, we have small meet ups on our teamspeak server every fortnight and a couple of hours gaming.

Last edited:
More than likely, the tax etc is an absolute killer. The daft thing is I can see larger ships being cheaper on the grey market at this rate with US account holders buying them and selling them on, greater risk obviously, seen a few scammers at it recently too.

I decided to chip in and buy a freelancer DUR bundle last week.

Depending on how rapey the price is I might look at the retaliator that people are saying will go up for sale this friday as well.

Just to have it.

Chances are the Retaliator will be a single ship, so no game package etc. They've history of doing this so if you melt (for store credit) the Freelancer you may have to get the Retaliator + cheap aurora to still retain access to the modules and actually have the game, otherwise you'd end up with a ship for a game you can't play :)

I'm very tempted to melt my game package too, yes i'd lose alpha access but would just buy the pass.

Also i wish they had some more graphical options, the motion blur and dof is awful.

Once you buy the pass does that stick to your account moving forward?

Im keen to melt a load of my ships and get the retaliator.....litterally the only ship I want after wathcing walkthroughs of that beast!

Yet whacking down £300+ on a digital item isnt going to happen.

Once you buy the pass does that stick to your account moving forward?

Im keen to melt a load of my ships and get the retaliator.....litterally the only ship I want after wathcing walkthroughs of that beast!

Yet whacking down £300+ on a digital item isnt going to happen.

Not sure need to look into it. I'm not bothered about being the first in the game on Alphas and the passes are cheap enough.

I just don't like the ships i have and like you say not chucking £300 down on top.

alpha/beta access is tied to packages not your account. There was talk about it being locked to the account once bought but it never happened. You'll get a warning that you're about to melt your last package etc when you go to do it because of this.

What you could do is buy the aurora MR starter package (has SQ42, PU, beta access) and buy individual alpha passes e.g. Arena Commander. Then melt everything else.

The alternative is simply to wait on cross chassis upgrades, they're coming for every ship once it's flyable, the Retaliator is likely going to be the first multi-crew ship which is seeing as it's the test bed for multi-crew. That way you simply upgrade the ship in your ship package to a bigger ship, but keep the rest of the package (start money, hangar, alpha/beta access) as it was.

Here's my alpha access package which has been CCU'd and upgraded several times from an Aurora to a Superhornet:

DW2uD2O.png

As you can see the only thing that's changed is the ship, no reason why I can't change that to a retaliator later.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom