******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Lets be honest how boring would the universe be if everyone was flying around in an a basic Aurora on release.

As it stands now the universe will have a mixed variety of capital ships, multi crew ships, single seater ships. it will be a dangerous universe but lets not forget, basic ships will outnumber the high end stuff 100/1 easily.

Not to mention the NPC aspect,
they'll round out the universe really well, especially the talk of how they'll actually be good in a fight.

You might find yourself happy that you're being pirated by players, as you can beat them easier :p

If it's anything like my flying ability then people will be more than happy to take me on.

Crew a ship then, it's what I intend to do most of the time. Love the idea of sitting with my feet up, drinking coffee, chatting away on comms whilst "monitoring the area for hostiles"

Or going for a walk around the ship whilst someone else does all the work :D

I have visions of a squad from PAGAN just monitoring space, sending out a few scouts to have a look what's ahead.

Upon finding a couple of Starfarers and a small protection unit, they call back to us.

I'm flying my Tali so call over comms to man turrets and the bomb bay. We send our fighter squad out while the big boys fire from afar.

When the Starfarers etc... are low on health, fighter squad boards and we steal the cargo.

If the game comes anywhere close to doing stuff like that well, then i'll have perma boner.

Last edited:
Whats type of organisation is Pagan? Im currently in a BIG pirate org.....but not 100% sure I want to stay in such a focused Pirate org, considering they seem to be hell bent on causing misery for others and spend way more time on OCUk than I do on their Org Site :D

Whats type of organisation is Pagan? Im currently in a BIG pirate org.....but not 100% sure I want to stay in such a focused Pirate org, considering they seem to be hell bent on causing misery for others and spend way more time on OCUk than I do on their Org Site :D

We're not pirates but we don't stop members doing it - just don't get all of us into bother* We're mostly interested in having fun, trying to kill each other (past experience every time I play with this lot) and cursing each other.

We're aiming to be self sufficient, taking everything from raw materials right up to making our own equipment and of course making the most out of it with overclocking. The org lore is based on OCUK essentially - Planet of the apes style with us 900 years in the future and all tech obsessed overclocking fanatics!

*too much bother - some is always fun but we don't want to have members chased constantly by "good orgs" for simply being members.

Our lot are holding off with more ships at the moment, mostly due many thinking "oh crap! how much have I spent!". But we're going to work our way up in the world, through fair or nefarious means ;)

Once the modules start coming together I'm sure we'll see more activity within the game as it's like everyone has been hyped, then taken a step back to avoid burn out.

I'm the same Gaz, I'm at the point now of just happily melting to get what I want. Concept sales only interest me in seeing what's coming - I've rarely any intention of getting what's up seeing as you can CCU to it when it actually arrives.

You haven't looked at the way the game is funded from what you've written. Microtransactions? Many are too big to be considered that but every single thing you can buy now can be earned in game or gives no advantage as it's cosmetic only. The only advantage people have is a saving of time, the instant the game goes live everything people have spent real money on becomes obsolete due to the overclocking/optimisation of equipment and ships. Those who are time rich/cash poor will as always retain the advantage over those of us with full time jobs and kids.

It's not pay to win, if you genuinely believe it is then frankly you're no loss to the SC community who would eat CIG alive if they tried to make it so.

Wow, touched a nerve there did I?

I'm sorry but I'm well aware how this game is being funded. I'm all for the whole kick starter pledge system, but not for paying £200 for a ship in the game.

I'm sorry but I'm well aware how this game is being funded. I'm all for the whole kick starter pledge system, but not for paying £200 for a ship in the game.

I think it's because the pay to win argument's been had to death over this game :p

and the 200 price tag is only pre-release, you can't buy ships for money when the games out. Only with in game money, and the amount of in-game money will be the same for everyone.

Who told you that you have to pay £200 for a ship?

I doubt its touched a nerve with him, more you just come across as a bit of a clown with nothing of interest to say.

Back
Top Bottom