******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Grabbed a Vanguard, like the way it's headed. Store credit used up mostly from melting Retaliator and other stuff last week lol

It does seem an interesting ship, however other than the lower crew requirement it's hard to say what use it has over the similarly sized Redeemer which is a more flexible ship.

Relentless Predator: The Aegis Vanguard

It is tempting to melt some things for it though and eventually CCU my Super Hornet to the Constellation. All of my current ships are severely lacking in cargo capacity and the Andromeda packs a lot of firepower.

I'll be honest reading the page it's littered with things which it has over the Redeemer, they're aimed at two different roles. Whether people use it for those intended roles is another matter though!

I'll be honest reading the page it's littered with things which it has over the Redeemer, they're aimed at two different roles. Whether people use it for those intended roles is another matter though!

Yeah, I realised after writing the post I was being a bit too simplistic, for the price and with modular upgrades I believe the Redeemer will be a more useful in a greater variety of roles. However saying that, the Vanguard will be less manoeuvrable but will be a faster and more durable ship with a bit more range. It can carry torpedoes as well so it’s got plenty going for it.

It could be fun flying in a wing of these in deep space :)

Yeah I can see the Vanguard being far more restrictive, no cargo is a pain but tbh these days I'm not precious about keeping ships if something more suitable comes up I'll melt this lol

I do need a small freighter tbh, hoping the Avenger variants may give me an option or potentially the Freelancer once it's been redone :)

Yeah I can see the Vanguard being far more restrictive, no cargo is a pain but tbh these days I'm not precious about keeping ships if something more suitable comes up I'll melt this lol

I do need a small freighter tbh, hoping the Avenger variants may give me an option or potentially the Freelancer once it's been redone :)

Not a fan of the Aurora then? :)

I had a look at the Freelancer quite some time ago and it didn't last very long. When I first stepped into the ship I can honestly say I wouldn't want to be in it for any length of time... it's not the ships fault, it's for cargo and looks like a cargo plane inside. Just not for me.

In the Avenger price range there is the always the 300 series or at the Freelancer range maybe the Cutlass or even a Gladiator with a converted cargo bay? Depends on how much firepower you want on your freighter :)

Oh I love the Aurora, got an LX but I seem to be a bit of a Consolidated Outlands fan, got an Omega and a Delta, I may well grab an Alpha or Beta too at some point!

I love the cockpit design, I know they're hardly the best ships in the game but they're so damn fun to fly. I do love the Aurora doors though.. jesus they're sweet :D think that's why I can't bring myself to melt that LX.

Oh I love the Aurora, got an LX but I seem to be a bit of a Consolidated Outlands fan, got an Omega and a Delta, I may well grab an Alpha or Beta too at some point!

I love the cockpit design, I know they're hardly the best ships in the game but they're so damn fun to fly. I do love the Aurora doors though.. jesus they're sweet :D think that's why I can't bring myself to melt that LX.

Grab the Mustang Alpha and put the cargo pod on it :)

Managed to land, and walk around in Arena Commander. The space to fly in is limited unless I'm using the wrong map. Moon something?

I can't find much to do, single player etc.

Yeah the arenas are pretty small, it's only a test area essentially. I thought it was going to be increased soon though.

It's not really a game yet, first person shooter (FPS) is going to go into alpha testing at the end of next month which should give us some variation. Additionally the social module will be coming too which allows others to visit your hangar etc so you can go see other peoples ships.

How does one get into this game?

What is about?

What do all the ships do?

Is it a new version of that spreadsheet based space game thats been going on around 10 years? I can't think of the game.

Information is slightly out of date now but this is fairly good:

More info in the original post about how to get into it etc. It's not a spreadsheet game - I think you mean Eve Online. This is about flying, crewing and first person shooter etc. It's about attacking other ships in space, boarding, killing their crew and taking over the ship, mining asteroids, search and rescue, exploration, pirating, bounting hunting.. the list goes on.

The main thing is that the game is 'driven' using the mouse, joypad or stick and not just by clicking a place in space... It is a First Person space game where you are the pilot or gunner or a console technician (depends on what you like doing!)

Great, next month sees first person shooter hit alpha as well as a social module for vising each others hangars etc.

Ship talk is always going to dominate here until release at least - since that's how the game is funded tbh.

Back
Top Bottom