******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

One thing that seems to puzzle me, all this talk about how voice attack would be annoying while on teamspeak, don't people ever use PTT ? how very odd..

Furthermore, on the subject of missiles, don't for a minute think that in the long term that missiles are one shot kills, as they're not.

P2T isnt much use for most high paced games, you dont want to be faffing about holding a button down just to tell someone something, whereas voice activation is there when you need it.

how very odd for people to use the convenience of voice activation, afterall it'd get in the way of voice activated button pressing! Thats perfectly normal, afterall who'd want to push buttons to achieve something they can do by voice, right?? :rolleyes:

Both offer user convenience, an automated solution which doesnt require button pressing to get the desired result. Leaving you to focus on whats important. You dont seem to be all luddite on Voice Attack, just ANOTHER type of voice activation. Baffling.

Also, thanks for the clarification im sure nobody needed on missiles being intentionally OP
:confused:

N52Te or throttle with decent number of buttons on it and I'm fine for P2T. Voice activation on TS is too hit and miss depending on who's using it. I've heard so many conversations with other peoples mothers, wives or cats over the years as they forget it's turned on.

It's fine in a small room, but in those with 20+ players it can get annoying or highly amusing quickly.

Wireless sets when someone goes to the loo can be downright hilarious.

I annoyingly didn't get round to getting this as I have to RMA my GPU back to EVGA, is there any 'laymen' guides? Stuff to introduce idiots to the world that I could read/watch?

Thanks

Best place to really start is Byronyk's Star Guides, some of the info is out of date but they're pretty good:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLT6gwz-lG70SK-xeU30kfYkV5ov5U3eUV

Any questions - I'd just spam them in here, plenty of people to answer them.

Question #1, how much of my life will I sync in this in it's current state.

Serious question #1, in it's current state, what can I expect in terms of gameplay? Missions? Structured career? Freedom? Ships? Economy?

Now, I'm not expecting a complete game, by any stretch, I just want to know what it's up to as I might wait if it's nearing completion.

Currently you only have a hangar to walk around in an view the ships you've bought, which are actually in the hangar - there's not a lot of them there yet. Arena commander is the dog fighting test module, it's only been out for a short while and is an early alpha, other than that there's literally nothing else to play.

Essentially it's a tiny fraction of the final game, in testing so there isn't a lot to do. No multiplayer for most people yet too, that's being worked on.

I do feel that having got the DFM out finally, they have got over the biggest hurdle in terms of a working product that our PC's can run fairly bug free (I havent seen a single bug in Arena commader yet after a few hours of playing)......hopefully now modules can be bolted on and the game should grow at a steady pace and slowly get bigger and better, with aspects that people arent happy about (controls) being tweaked as we go along.

So now is definetely a good time to start getting into it if it interests you.

Must admit other than the occassional connection lost message I've had a fairly stable time in AC so far, has one bug getting into a ship and my buggy seems to drive itself but hardly game breaking :)

I've tried a couple of times to download arena but when it finishes the download, it just sits on please wait and nothing happens. I have already tried deleting and uninstalling the luncher but the same still happens.

Still 7hrs to go for AC download... :/

So I take it we get loaned either a 300i, aurora or hornet, depending on whatever ship we have - if it isn't available yet to fly?

Do you get a choice? I have a freelancer so take it I will get the hornet to test out, but wouldn't mind giving the 300i a fly around instead.

Not sure which you'll get to be honest, would be surprised if it wasn't the Hornet, but tbh you're better off in the 300i IMO, much better to fly ;) At least for now!

Not sure which you'll get to be honest, would be surprised if it wasn't the Hornet, but tbh you're better off in the 300i IMO, much better to fly ;) At least for now!
Yeah, I've no interest in full military ships tbh so hope I can give the 300i a spin.

I sense a lot of package melting in the near future! :D

They'll all be tweaked and we know the flight model is going to change but the Hornet's internals are no where near as nice as the 300i and it feels like you're flying in soup too..

People whinging about the freelancer, what's new? Honestly I've gone off that ship partly due to the constantly community bitching it seems to generate! They will never, ever be happy with it until he copy and pastes Firefly into the game, even then they'll realise it's far smaller and they'd have been better off with something the size of the Banu MM! :)

The game in it's current state hooked me for a couple hours for two nights, but having only an aurora and two lasers it got stale fast. I look forward to being able to host my own games with friends with the ships I want :P

I know I'd be playing it more if I could try out all the current flyable ships, types of weapons, as well as trying out a private MP match with the PC next to me to test out stuff for future videos. But the release in it's current state has completely stopped me having that ability so as it stands, if I want to make informative videos - I have to spend money.

How long do you think they'll block people flying other ships and introduce GDC 2012s promise of private servers, custom games and mods? Release? :P

Back
Top Bottom