******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Do like the look of the Freelancer, think one of the variants may be the ship I work towards getting first in the PU (if I don't buy one before then!).

Apparently both Cutlass in the commercial were unarmed and unshielded, the Freelancer had a pirate logo on his ship - so people are now stating that it only proves Freelancer pilots are murdering scum lol.

Got to love how people overly analyse everything that CIG produces.

It used to be a good forum, but the devolution was quick and the main reason I hardly frequent it there now.

The butt-hurt comes out when anything is released, changed or announced is saddening.

The Freelancer commercial is my favourite one yet! I 'was' going to get the MAX, and still might, but it doesn't look as nice as the standard one.
A lot seem to be buying the MIS, but thats going to cost a fortune to keep replacing missiles I reckon.

There will be another one, but not before they allow cross chassis upgrades to the freelancer variants, I'd rather have my LTI on a 'lancer, and have a cheap runabout that takes all the risk.

Cutlass variants will probably revealed in the next 3-4 months. We've got Constellation variants next, and if we look at the Freelancer, we saw pics of the 3 variants a few months back, so as we havent seen anything for Constellation variants, i think it'll be a while yet. But it should follow the Constellation as they've said the Constellation and Cutlass commercials are next in the 45m letter.

Haha that freelancer ad is great (can't help but hear LH as Adm Hackett in that voiceover!). :D

Now wondering if I should upgrade mine to a DUR or MAX?

Not really interested in the MIS variant. Prefer DUR because that's what I plan to be using it for most of the time, but that front "chin" is a bit ugly! :p

Last edited:
Up to 2 years tops. Hopefully sooner.
It's pre-alpha now with 2 modules released for testing.

I really love the MIS freelancer variant. Missiles seem to be so op right now and 36 of them is just fantastic.

I fancy giving that a try at some point, for £5 it seems like it'd be pretty cool.

I was talking to a couple of the guys in our Org (clan org) about it and one of the things which i think concerned us is that most of us use voice-activated mic on teamspeak, and if you're going to be saying "Missile Lock" etc when theres a handful of you on teamspeak, its got the potential to be ruddy annoying. Theres 5 of you flying together, one person doesnt know where the target is so the gunner is trying to explain to his pilot he's right on their tail, and you've got someone else trying to shoot him down who either talks directly over the top of the other 2, or has to wait till they STFU so he can call for missile lock etc.

Yeah, you could simply press the button instead, but in terms of more complex tasks VA can do, like adjust power placement to shields or weapons, being able to do them with VA is simple, doing them with buttons/keys in combat isnt.

Ive looked into TS hotkeys, there isnt a press-to-mute, you can hotkey mute, so Q to mute, Q to unmute for example, but i'd much rather have a P2M button which also happens to be the activation button for VA, so when you're muted on TS, you're commands are processed by VA, and when you let go your back on TS and VA isnt processing commands, meaning you can say whatever without fear of it triggering something.
Would need to see if theres a plugin to achieve something like this i suspect, but i think it'd be fantastic if CIG could either license VA or develop something similar.

Up to 2 years tops. Hopefully sooner.
It's pre-alpha now with 2 modules released for testing.

I really love the MIS freelancer variant. Missiles seem to be so op right now and 36 of them is just fantastic.

56 with upgrades :D:D
The MIS is the only one with size 3 missiles (6) which should be fun.

Looking at the Hornet F7C, it comes with size 1 missiles, and while these Scythe ships might be inferior targets, it gives you an idea as to the punch these should pack.
In saying that, the Constellation has some size 4 missiles (wiki refers to it having both 4 & 5), Retaliator having a load of 3 & 4s.

Would need to see if theres a plugin to achieve something like this i suspect, but i think it'd be fantastic if CIG could either license VA or develop something similar.

Quoting myself, but...
http://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/27no6r/voiceattack_like_voice_commands_in_sc_are_being/

Might end up happening too. In saying that, if you've tried the 21 day trial and think its something you fancy, for £5 its still a good deal. Not like its £20 or something, and i'd bet you'd get a good year out of it before we saw anything like it implemented in basic form in SC.

Back
Top Bottom