******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Those have arena commander, not alpha access. alpha is all alpha phases, Arena commander only being one of those.

You can still buy arena commander passes and they're still included as standard in all ship packages (along with full beta access). So there's no issue melting/rebuying.

Looked into this a bit more this morning, the following packages all fall within what i want to start off spending.

Mind blown what the differences in all of them are !

AURORA MR AC STARTER (Arena Commander pass included )

MUSTANG ALPHA AC STARTER (Arena Commander pass included )

MUSTANG BETA

AURORA CL

AURORA ES

AURORA MR

AURORA MR PLUS

AURORA LN

300I

I take it only the first two have Arena Commander and the others all require a seperate purchase of that 'module '

Without AC what is there actually to do then ?

Last edited:
Looked into this a bit more this morning, the following packages all fall within what i want to start off spending.

Mind blown what the differences in all of them are !

AURORA MR AC STARTER (Arena Commander pass included )

MUSTANG ALPHA AC STARTER (Arena Commander pass included )

MUSTANG BETA

AURORA CL

AURORA ES

AURORA MR

AURORA MR PLUS

AURORA LN

300I

I take it only the first two have Arena Commander and the others all require a seperate purchase of that 'module '

Without AC what is there actually to do then ?

can you link the pages, you need to ensure it's a package you're buying, not single ships - in the description you want to see:

Squadron 42 Digital Download
Star Citizen Digital Download
Beta Access
X Month Insurance
Starting Money: (some amount) UEC
SelfLand Hangar

If you don't have all of those listed in the details you're buying a ship that won't give you the game, which would be pointless. Any of these packages will do, I'd suggest considering payingin Euros as it tends to work out a lot cheaper (you can change currency in the cart).

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/game-packages

And yes if it doesn't state that it includes Arena Commander you'll need a pass for it if you want to play the dogfighting/multiplayer dogfight "simulation" It's quite good fun tbh, I've spent around 50 hours in it in total :) By playing in it you get REC points which you can use to get loaned equipment and ships to use in Arena commander too so if you're considering changing ship it's a nice way to try before you buy.

Last edited:
The ship specs page over here might help decide, it's all subject to change but you can directly compare ships: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/ship-specs

LN and 300i are fairly comparible tbh, the 300i is a lot more nimble though and is the more prestigeous of the two. Think Vauxhall versus Mercedes. Hopefully someone can confirm but the entire 300 series is getting remade as it was one of the first ships to hit the hangars but they didn't include the bunk functionality and it was meant to have a bed etc in it.

Personally out of those two I'd grab the 300i, much better ship all round and if you decide to upgrade later the 315P is a superb single seater exploration ship and the 325i is going to have quite a few nice weaponry touches. The Aurora could be upgraded to an LX later which has a jump drive (like the 315P) but IMHO isn't quite as good as the 315 as it's not aimed at exploration.

Thought it was just me !

Ive been on and off there for weeks and couldnt really get a grasp of what it was all about , what i could do , what i should buy etc.....

Thanks to the help in here I'll be up and running tomorrow :-) ( Had to pause the download to do some Elite trade runs ! )

Is it just me or is this all a little confusing for a total beginner?

Thought it was just me !

Ive been on and off there for weeks and couldnt really get a grasp of what it was all about , what i could do , what i should buy etc.....

Thanks to the help in here I'll be up and running tomorrow :-) ( Had to pause the download to do some Elite trade runs ! )

I think I'll just wait until the game is officially released and it should all be a little clearer.

$80.2m USD raised. Lordy lordy lordy, that is a lot of money! Be interesting to see how much this continues till the game is released!

I already regret backing this (near day one), I just wanted a great space shooter in the vein of Wing Commander or TIE Fighter, not a way of life.

I don't think it will ever become good value for money, the Witcher 3 only has $30 million budget!!

I don't think it will ever become good value for money, the Witcher 3 only has $30 million budget!!

Depends on what you want, I personally have never got into the Witcher series despite owning the first two games! There's nothing to stop you flogging your account/ships for a profit now and backing it later on if it seems like fun when it comes out.

Back
Top Bottom