******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Is this a game yet or are they still selling overpriced ships? I haven't been interested since I bought the base game over a year ago

A whole year? If you had unrealistic expectations of the final game being released before late 2016/early 2017 then you've only got yourself to blame.

I'll be sticking with my Banu...The Hull E is something I maybe interested in earning in-game once the trade mechanics are established.

Looking forward to some more detail on the economy system as well.

Hopefully, with the D & E, they will make it worthwhile trading large volume, low value bulk goods and have a real dynamic economy. Not like in Elite where you only ever trade a handful of high value items between 2 or 3 station and never bother with other stuff. Sure, you take a risk and fill a large ship with highly expensive commodities but you would make yourself a massive target to pirates.

I should have known better than to upset a cult. :p

That's a bit childish and adds nothing to the debate on here, can you at least put in a bit of effort rather than post and run? I do actually agree with what you posted but I also get the impression you know very little about Chris Roberts, it's likely the people he employs spend their time thinking up new ways of funding the project and tbh that's what they are employed to do. Sandi for example is VP of marketing, her entire job is about getting money in.

Cult? Nope - A cult doesn't constantly criticise it's leadership and that's one thing the Star Citizen community is incredibly good at, some simply supply more evidence and reasoning than others (typically the general chat lot like to shout instead of talk.)

A cult would more akin to what's going on with the PCMR on Reddit at the moment, their leader has "backstabbed" them so they're having a mutiny.

I don't expect Star Citizen and Sq 42 to be the best game ever, I expect it to be good and for the community to add to it (including the OCUK orgs), I'm not naive enough to expect them to meet even a majority of their promises especially when it comes to timescales and from my contacts in the SC community and from chatting to OCUKers in PAGAN and other orgs I don't think any of them are either.

Last edited:
Hopefully, with the D & E, they will make it worthwhile trading large volume, low value bulk goods and have a real dynamic economy. Not like in Elite where you only ever trade a handful of high value items between 2 or 3 station and never bother with other stuff. Sure, you take a risk and fill a large ship with highly expensive commodities but you would make yourself a massive target to pirates.

I'm hoping they learn from Elites mistakes with trading especially around risk. I'm also hoping that early days trading is pretty harsh and they open it up gradually to profit rather than starting it off at insane levels and dropping it down.

Agreed half in fact you've probably ploughed more time into AC than I have. It just doesn't interest me in its current form. However plenty in the pipeline does. The fact it's buggy...well obviously it's not due for a commercial release for another two years which certain individuals would know if they took the 20 seconds to Google, a predicted release schedule is second on the list at the SC wiki.

In terms of ship sales, it is what it is. We don't have to rehash the same discussion every time there is a new ship sale as there is nothing new to discuss. Some people don't agree with, some people do and some people don't care.

It all boils down to the same point that people can pledge as little or as much as they want. All the way down to nil and simply purchase when the game comes out at commercial release.

I should have known better than to upset a cult. :p

I think it's more a case of coming up with something useful which your comments lack.

No cult here, I don't like the flight model (not put much time into it) or the Arena Commander module. That said I like future ideas, if it works out as they hope then great, if not then life goes on and it's no biggie.

The sad thing is there are many out there who want it to fail, in fact there is a few in this thread.

A pc game trying to push the boundaries of gaming and they all want it to fail, bizarre.

People hate to see others success, usually a sign they aren't overly happy with how their own life is going.

Seems nothing has changed its still pay £££ for better ships and no actual game oh well will come back in 12months and see how they spent all your money, my guess is it won't be good

Seems nothing has changed its still pay £££ for better ships and no actual game oh well will come back in 12months and see how they spent all your money, my guess is it won't be good

They game won't be out until the end of 2016, that was true 2 years ago, and still true today. Why do you expect the game to suddenly be released?

Last edited:
They game won't be out until the end of 2016, that was true 2 years ago, and still true today. Why do you expect the game to suddenly be released?

Coz maybe they might have done more than churn out shiny ship models for cash since I last logged into The arena thing.

Anyone you fanboys are way too precious, probably cos CR is sleeping on a bed of your money and doing sweet FA

Coz maybe they might have done more than churn out shiny ship models for cash since I last logged into The arena thing.

Anyone you fanboys are way too precious, probably cos CR is sleeping on a bed of your money and doing sweet FA

Where are the fanboys? I see plenty of people happy to criticise CR and CIG, it's not being a fanboy to point out that your argument is nonsense. Games take years to make, throwing money at it won't speed that up.

Where are the fanboys? I see plenty of people happy to criticise CR and CIG, it's not being a fanboy to point out that your argument is nonsense. Games take years to make, throwing money at it won't speed that up.

Don't waste your breath mate he's been beating on the same drum since the start.

Back
Top Bottom