******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
installed it for the first time again in maybe 2-3 years as the experience had always been horrible on my older system (4770k / 980ti)

Installed it to SSD to give it the best chance and I have to admit from a progress perspective especially in terms of polish, VERY impressed. game looks absolutely amazing.

Running on my Ryzen system it auto set to V-High and had a 30fps cap which it was sat against solidy. didnt go to check / change anything tbh so might be able to improve performance but was eager to just get in a ship.

Only have the the AMD omega and the Aurora MR

Time to dust off the HOTAS again I guess

Caporegime
installed it for the first time again in maybe 2-3 years as the experience had always been horrible on my older system (4770k / 980ti)

Installed it to SSD to give it the best chance and I have to admit from a progress perspective especially in terms of polish, VERY impressed. game looks absolutely amazing.

Running on my Ryzen system it auto set to V-High and had a 30fps cap which it was sat against solidy. didnt go to check / change anything tbh so might be able to improve performance but was eager to just get in a ship.

Only have the the AMD omega and the Aurora MR

Time to dust off the HOTAS again I guess

Uncap those frames, performance around 95% of the verse is really not bad at all now, I'm almost completely GPU caped.... there is only one place where for the moment at least its really not good, that's around Area 18 on ArcCorp, specifically the plaza is worst, even then its still around 30.

Edit, PS: you can rent other ships in game now with in game earnings and its not that expensive, a Cutlass Black will cost you around 75K aUEC for 72 hours, that's 72 hours in game, you can earn 6 or 7K from delivering a Box from A to B, doesn't take too long to grind enough funds.

Last edited:
Soldato
Uncap those frames, performance around 95% of the verse is really not bad at all now, I'm almost completely GPU caped.... there is only one place where for the moment at least its really not good, that's around Area 18 on ArcCorp, specifically the plaza is worst, even then its still around 30.

Edit, PS: you can rent other ships in game now with in game earnings and its not that expensive, a Cutlass Black will cost you around 75K aUEC for 72 hours, that's 72 hours in game, you can earn 6 or 7K from delivering a Box from A to B, doesn't take too long to grind enough funds.

Awesome thanks for the heads up info :)

Going to give this some more time over the next few weeks, try and go from absolutely sucks status to heavily incompetent lol

Associate
This made me laugh. I just downloaded it again to see whats going on with it now and I get an email with a "special offer" to upgrade my ship. Only $130 !!!! They seriously think I will pay that much when its still in alpha (I wouldn't pay that much if it was completely finished) :rolleyes:

The worst thing is that there must be a lot of people who have spent that or a lot more on these upgrades.

Last edited:
Soldato
This made me laugh. I just downloaded it again to see whats going on with it now and I get an email with a "special offer" to upgrade my ship. Only $130 !!!! They seriously think I will pay that much when its still in alpha (I wouldn't pay that much if it was completely finished) :rolleyes:

The worst thing is that there must be a lot of people who have spent that or a lot more on these upgrades.

That means no SQ42 for you :D
As it will cost around $180 to play all 3 parts. On top of any money spent to SC

Associate
That means no SQ42 for you :D
As it will cost around $180 to play all 3 parts. On top of any money spent to SC

Lol it really is a joke. Although I think the package I bought included SQ42 as it says digital download included. Although most likely that will mean some kind of base access with "special offer" to make it playable. I wrote off the $40 I spent years ago anyway. Now its just entertaining to see if this will ever be released ;)

Soldato
Lol it really is a joke. Although I think the package I bought included SQ42 as it says digital download included. Although most likely that will mean some kind of base access with "special offer" to make it playable. I wrote off the $40 I spent years ago anyway. Now its just entertaining to see if this will ever be released ;)

I haven't spent a penny. Got the bundle deal from AMD back in 2014 :D
Tbh I have considered selling as will fetch few hundrend quid, but I liked that red Mustang.

Soldato
Look what I found while clearing out the apartment...quite an interesting read nearly 5 years on

http://imgur.com/gallery/oGYUtmz

LOL :D
To answer the question of the article. NO. Lost the space race by miles.
ED came out and is fully playable years now with 1/60th of the budget SC has spc.
Egosoft has released 2.5 X-series games (I count X:R VR as half) also with 1/50th the budget SC has spend

Soldato
I wonder what people will say when this will finally be out in a couple of years (at least the SP part) and (hopefully) will deliver more than any other game has so far (in terms of gameplay at least). :)

Permabanned
I wonder what people will say when this will finally be out in a couple of years (at least the SP part) and (hopefully) will deliver more than any other game has so far (in terms of gameplay at least). :)

Well we haven't seen too many signs of 'gameplay' yet in 7 years yet, but I would be happy to be proven wrong.

Caporegime

An unlikely scenario.

weren’t people saying in 2016 ‘it’ll be out in a couple of years’ and the same in 2017 and 2018? Now people are saying ‘a couple of years’ now too? It’s a running joke throughout the whole video game industry.

Caporegime
While on the subject of performance around Area 18 i thought i would check mine, i don't normaly run the OSD visibly if everything feels ok as it kills immersion.

I bit of back log on this, i used to run a 4690K at 4.6Ghz and just got shockingly bad performance even at its best, changing up to a Ryzen 1600 increased performance MASSIVELY, as illustrated in the two comparisons below the 4690K was permanently locked to 100% and getting me about 35 FPS at best, the Ryzen 1600 moved that up to 3 times that. See spoiler.

6sR6qPL.png
B0KnK71.jpg

So i just checked my performance at Area 18, while the GPU is loaded to 99% look at my '12' CPU threads, the Ryzen 3600 is on the limit, this is not a slow CPU, at 4.1Ghz given its IPC its equivalent to a 4.5Ghz 8700K.

They ain't kidding when they say "next generation"

HUq39Ng.jpg.png

Associate

They will say "Well that wasn't worth waiting so long for". It's not going to have anything groundbreaking as far as gameplay is concerned. At best it will role several existing genres into one game

They ain't kidding when they say "next generation"

Or very badly optimised....take your pick.

Caporegime
Or very badly optimised....take your pick.

When you look at the way its utilising high thread count CPU's i would suggest its very well optimised, far better than anyother game i have come across.

CPU load is Drawcalls, Physics, Light Tracing or (Ray Tracing) if a pixel is to reflect light from a neighbouring pixel it needs to know were its coming from and where it is in the 3D world, that is a CPU calculation.
Ecte.. the difficulty is in dividing that load between many CPU threads, the more threads the higher the difficulty, when you look at games and half your threads are idle that's not good optimisation. that's half your CPU's performance the game is not using.

Last edited:
Soldato
They will say "Well that wasn't worth waiting so long for". It's not going to have anything groundbreaking as far as gameplay is concerned. At best it will role several existing genres into one game

lol, perfect example :))

It's a given will take a lot of hate even if does perfect what it does.
BTW, 2-3 years I'm saying for SQ42, probably will be a ongoing, ever-increasing project for Star Citizen.

@humbug , Vulkan should improve this even further. :)

Back
Top Bottom