******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
OP
Allegedy the Gladius will soon be a permanent item in the store anyway (from chat in sub den) liking the herald image, it's growing on me somehow !

Associate
Someones worked the sales out from the patch already, Redeemer and Gladius :)

reddemer_zps9c766ece.png

Associate
Yeah, the Gladius is a regular sale ship now its in Hangar (and it is, just need to place it into the hangar via the website).

Must be the Redeemer tomorrow then, cos of the LTI aspect. Ben must own a Gladius too.

Soldato
Herald looks like a nightmare in atmospheric flight lol, should be amusing. Shame EVERYONE will have it!
Everyone will have it for now, but I really doubt many will keep it once either:
- another concept comes around that they'd rather melt for (ie Aegis Bulldog)
- they are able to CCU it to something else

I imagine it will only be a small number of people who will hold on to the Herald right the way into final release.

Soldato
I'm torn on the gladius - I can't help comparing with the avenger and as far as design goes I prefer the avenger.

Will have to wait and see how they both fly when they are AC ready and also what the avenger variants turn out to be.

Associate
Cpt Bosh, when you're sat in the cockpit, do you get the yellowish plastic distortion through the lid along the bottom, but clear for the top 2/3?

You can see in the 2nd pic from the last bunch you posted, theres a shiny plastic look, and it doesnt feel quite right when the lid is down, like you're head is sticking through it almost, and yet the overhead markings on the lid are still where they should be.

Im assuming its just a texture issue, rather than intentional, but it could just be something im seeing, not everyone.

Associate
oh, and i cant see the Redeemer being $400. I cant remember its specs, but i'd be surprised if it was more than $300 tbh. I see it being decent step up from a Cutlass/Freelancer, same sort of mobility maybe, but with the firepower of an Andro, and some handy combat options. The Retaliator was only $250 (concept) with 5x Class 5 turrets (iirc, able to convert to missile turrets too! how awesome!!), torpedo bay (not incl), pretty big in size, and probably has decent systems/suites, so i'd be surprised if the Redeemer wasnt $250-300.

Back
Top Bottom