******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Associate
The more I see and read about this game (and ive been closely following since early 2013) the more my mind boggles as to how this game could actually be created.

They arent creating a game, it seems like they are creating an actual life simiulator, with no stone unturned...some of the details in the large ships is unreal.....im actually quite worried this could consume my real life when it comes out!

Soldato
OP
It'll be 2016 before we're likely to be playing the PU in our OCUK Orgs so until then consider grabbing Elite:Dangerous :) It lacks a huge amount of depth but it's extremely good fun in a group or when you just want to chill out solo :D

Soldato
OP
Posted this on Reddit but doubt you all go there, my first thought when I heard the audio around the failed Antares rocket launch last night.

Warning unnecessarily large image:
z8Qy6NO.jpg

I'll show this to the wife later, see if I can justify a new GPU on the back of it.. ;)

Associate
I have Elite Dangerous......found it pretty boring in its current state, travelling between stations that look identical inside and never being able to get out your ship got pretty boring, pretty quickly.

It runs well and the WW2 Planes in space is fun, but the promised depth of SC has spoilt me and I find Elite lacking.

Soldato
OP
That's my current biggest issue with ED Francky, I need more content but they are adding it. Some genuinely different stations now, my biggest single gripe though is that ANY cargo lifted in space is considered stolen, which makes no sense, it also makes the game far safer as you're less likely to be attacked by a fellow non-NPC player.

Associate
I just found it all a bit dead......Space was very empty (which I know it is in real life, but that makes for a boring game) and the content massively lacking.

I've decided to shelve it until it is properly released with hopefully a lot more content, as I find reading and watching videos about Star Citizen a lot more interesting currently.

Associate
Oh yeah I know that.....but the universe they create wont feel dead (landing on planets full of people doing their day to day jobs), flying into a spinning station that had little in it apart from landing zones that you then dissapear into, just didnt give that alive feel to me.

Im sure they will improve as they go along mind you....and I will keep an eye on it and play it once it goes fully live.

Associate
I have Elite Dangerous......found it pretty boring in its current state, travelling between stations that look identical inside and never being able to get out your ship got pretty boring, pretty quickly.

It runs well and the WW2 Planes in space is fun, but the promised depth of SC has spoilt me and I find Elite lacking.

I feel the same. I've barely logged in the last couple of months even after getting my DK2 (which gives an amazing sense of scale and is great for dog fighting!) I just can't find the motivation to play.

Associate
im not sure it'll gain value on any in-hangar ships, the only LTI ships i can imagine gaining value compared to their already inflated prices, is if their size increases a lot, and it results in a price increase due to this, rather than charge $100 for something they'd charge $200 if they were calculating a price now.

The Banu MM has grown a little, the Idris obviously has, and theres discussion as to the context of CIG comments that the Starfarer is 3x bigger, which i believe to be based on a size before its size was ever announced, and is simply talking about the building process and how things change considerably. However, if my $175 Starfarer is 3x bigger (its already up there with the Reclaimer, and about 2/3 of an Idris) then it's going to be f-ing huge and $175/290 wont be its hangar/GM price!

The issue is going to be that all next week you can buy a Herald LTI for $85 and eventually CCU that to any other ship, so for $85 + $25 you can get a Hornet LTI. To buy one on the GM you'd pay closer to $200

To get an idea of how things are shaping up, you'd have to pay about $165 for an LTI Aurora. They're going for $135 today, simply because an $85 Herald its essentially seen as an $85 gift voucher with LTI towards a future CCU. An Aurora is worth $30/35 ($40/45 package), costing $135.

The Herald, for anyone who values LTI and is currently interested in SC, is going to remove a lot of GM demand. Anyone arriving after this sale, is going to need the GM, and its freshly replenished supply of LTI ships, but i suspect they'll dilute the marketplace prices a fair bit.

Soldato
OP
It'll affect the lower end ships but not the others, CCUs will be in for all ships, we've been told this time and again but it's never caused the connie etc prices to drop, same for the Banu MM/retaliator etc. Part of that is that the people trying to sell them paid almost that for the ship so they don't want to make a loss.

I know that as I palmed a lot off on the current traders when I got out of GM trading.

Associate
The prices havent dropped because theres previously been a finite number of LTI ships allowing someone this option. You could buy an LTI Aurora or Constellation, but you'd have to pay a premium because they have LTI and you dont.
Next week, you'll be able to get LTI for $85 with $85 towards whatever you want. You'll be able to buy any ship at sticker price, and done by CCU'ing from the Herald.

You'll have to wait a while for the CCU's, but to a lot of people the Herald is going to be seen as an $85 commitment towards a future LTI ship of their choice. $110 for an LTI Hornet... in ~12mo.

When people who are looking to buy any LTI ship purely for CCUing have the option of doing so at sticker price, rather than paying the GM's $100 markup, the vast majority will opt to pay sticker price and 100% to CIG, but there undoubtedly will be people who'll still buy Auroras+ to have something they can fly now, but that $110 Hornet in 12mo becomes a $220 Hornet today. Plus, anyone not buying Heralds will still need to GM an LTI base ship, so they'll get fleeced ofc.

Soldato
OP
Herald prices will hit the GM at $100+ fees, there will be a limited supply after the sale too. This is likely to be the only ship at this price that's going to come with LTI before release.

No matter how big the supply you can bet people will miss the boat etc. Look at the 890s, I don't even think they sold out yet the demand on the GM was fairly strong just days afterwards.

Associate
Yeah, they sold out (within 12h of the final sale, so inside of 36hrs), and you'd have absolutely no issue getting one at $600 + PP fees, so $605, $615 if a MM is involved perhaps (havent seen any requesting MM fees). Theres 3 on the 1st page (of 25 items, about 1/3 selling AMD/Mustang, and the usual handful of trader threads).

At $85, you'd only miss out on the Aurora, 300 series & Avenger. The Gladius was $80 at concept, so maybe they'd do a side-CCU as its $5 difference at concept pricing, maybe not (they've said no side/down CCUs). I very much doubt theres a wealth of people wanting $160 LTI Auroras for the Aurora, likewise 300 series & Avenger. Afterall, the LX costs $35, you could buy an Aurora LN, 315p and Avenger combined for $160, and screw the Aurora LTI.
The majority will want LTI on the bigger ships, Cutlass, Freelancer, Constellation etc certainly if they're contemplating a $100 LTI tax, you dont pay $160 for a $35 ship. $300 for a $200 ship, maybe.

There will definitely be people who'll miss out on the Herald and resort to the GM in the future and pay silly prices, but its going to hurt them to a degree because anyone looking at it long term (which is going to be a fair number of people when they're spending $100+ extra for a trivial feature for a game expected in 18mo+ time, not today), and it'll also see a lot of traders buying tons with a view to selling them as LTI licenses for CCU'ing. They'll still be unjustifiably priced, but the prices certainly wont be going up over time, because the Herald inserts a ton of affordably priced base-LTI ships onto the marketplace, where there once was a finite quantity, and so waiting till tons were locked to accounts, meant you could hold that over people. The Herald multiplies what the market has, and prices will drop. That wasnt the case with $350 Reclaimers and $600 890 Jumps, it will with a ship priced below a good 3/5th of ships to be sold.

Last edited:
Soldato
Back
Top Bottom