******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Associate
Ahh, seeing it like that makes a lot more sense. Its actually noticeable in the picture i was talking about too, the lid markings have separated from the lid. I actually saw it there in the 'known issue' section of the patch notes: Gladius canopy becomes offset from cockpit during open animation.
However i thought it meant the whole thing came off the body or something, and i knew the line markings were there above me so assumed it wasnt that.

So is it the canopy failing to come down in the right position, which is resulting in it going through the players head? cos surely its not been built faulty.
I guess it got to Friday, they spotted an issue, and released it anyway due to the sale, and it'll get fixed in a minor patch midweek.

I need to see the Retaliator in the hangar, but i think this is perhaps my favourite ship right now. Its got the styling i like from the Retaliator, but in a small tidy package, love the military green paint job they've given them (Retaliator, Gladius & Gladiator), looks really smart.
I suspect i might end up buying the Retaliator outright, and when it becomes possible, i'll melt the Retaliator, and buy the CCUs from the Gladius to Retaliator to move the LTI over, then CCU my Aurora package to the Gladius again.
Depends how much the ship prices increase by the time the CCU is available i guess.

Soldato
Some hangar shots I took of the redeemer. Not my kind of ship so will be melting it in the future but at least my hangar is a bit less empty since most of my ships aren't hangar ready :p

eCLxqQB.jpg.png
NyLr0Gy.jpg.png
AgwrLZu.jpg.png
sNRcMaN.jpg.png
li4QwII.jpg.png
GvSuLlg.jpg
lXSrM0U.jpg.png
NrVxKa7.jpg

Associate

Looks good but a bit expensive...

Reading the brochure I was thinking it looks like a fast ship with a small armament for its size but as a comparison to the current Freelancer it's heavier with the same main engine size but with a few more manoeuvring thrusters. Perhaps, as per brochure says, the nacelles help with the manoeuvrability to give it an edge.

Still, with a max capacity of 11 people on board it should be fun to go with a team and board some derelict and no so derelict ships :)

Soldato
Redeemer price is steeper than I expected - was expecting slightly above Freelancer MIS price.

I think they set this one too high - whether or not they lose out on sales because of this is anyone's guess, but it doesn't seem right.

Good think I neither like it nor ever want to fly one in game! :D

Associate
I think the Redeemer pricing is ok for what is it, plus its one of the only big ships that actually includes a package. I think sales have been slow because its up for a week so people are not in as much of a rush to buy as usual.

I was thinking of maybe trading my non LTI Constellation Aquila package to get one but have not brought myself to do it yet.

Back
Top Bottom