******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Caporegime
Redeemer price is steeper than I expected - was expecting slightly above Freelancer MIS price.

I think they set this one too high - whether or not they lose out on sales because of this is anyone's guess, but it doesn't seem right.

Good think I neither like it nor ever want to fly one in game! :D

I find everything a little expensive, $80 for a mid level ship?

I hope the prices will come down when its lauched, i don't fancy the prospect of spending $500 $600 $700 on a reasonable selection of ships and add-ons

Soldato
Think I may have been spoiled with another game but....

Where's the god damn laser shotguns!!!!!!!!!!:p

But to be honest I cant say am impressed :eek:

Soldato
I think the Redeemer pricing is ok for what is it, plus its one of the only big ships that actually includes a package. I think sales have been slow because its up for a week so people are not in as much of a rush to buy as usual.

I was thinking of maybe trading my non LTI Constellation Aquila package to get one but have not brought myself to do it yet.
WHAT?!?

Trade an Aquila for the honey filled hair straighteners?!? :eek:

Madness...

:p

Associate
I find everything a little expensive, $80 for a mid level ship?

I hope the prices will come down when its lauched, i don't fancy the prospect of spending $500 $600 $700 on a reasonable selection of ships and add-ons

Oh yeah its all pretty expensive in that respect, I just meant in comparison to the other ship prices really.

As Halfmad says they can all be obtained in game pledging for them now is just a way to support the development :)

@pete910
I believe laser shotguns are in the works

Soldato
Ah i see, i'm good with that. :)

do we get to keep our existing ships? i just waxed the Mustang.

Yes, the point is any "gifts" you receive through pledging are available for you to start the game with. However as Halfmad said - once the game is finally released, no more ships will be available to buy/pledge for and instead you will be able to earn everything in game (apart from one or two extremely rare things like LTI Vanduul Scythe).

No need to "buy" now if you want to save the cash. :)

Caporegime
Oh yeah its all pretty expensive in that respect, I just meant in comparison to the other ship prices really.

As Halfmad says they can all be obtained in game pledging for them now is just a way to support the development :)

@pete910
I believe laser shotguns are in the works

Then i think i will stick my hand in my wallet for $40 to get an Aurora LN or something... happy to support development.

As long as get to keep it at launch?

Soldato
Aquila isn't a limited ship is it? Could melt for the nutcracker then CCU later for an LTI Connie Aquila..

Good point - I completely misread that - I thought he said "LTI Aquila", I missed the "non-LTI" part! :o

Yeah, in this case I would definitely agree that getting an LTI redeemer package now and then CCUing it to the Aquila later is the best way to go. But as long as you DO CCU it!!! ;)

I was contemplating because the Redeemer comes as a game package whether to go that route and CCU to either an Aquila or a Carrack - but the price is kind of offputting for the moment, especially not knowing what price the Carrack concept will be released at.

Soldato
OP
No its not but I got it using a 15% off voucher so I would only get $276.25 back for it and would lose out on about $50ish doing it that way I think....plus losing out the physical goods

Ah you have a physical package, yeah best not to then. Hadn't realised the 15% voucher sticks with the value of the package, sneaky - I haven't used mine yet lol.

Associate
Yeah I kinda justified the purchase on the physical goods so I will keep it I think.

You only get back what you pay on anything like that, I think its to stop the pledge counter going backwards maybe. Same with free gifts like the Mustang, if melt it you don't get anything, it does warn you but the option is still there.

Back
Top Bottom