******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Associate
Carrack External View...

Carrack_Landed_Final_Gurmukh.png

:)

Soldato
OP
I wasn't expecting it to look that good tbh, Retaliator or Merchantman may have to get melted if the ship has the utility.

Grown rather fond of the Tali :-/

Soldato
OP
We'll see, I was aiming to use the Retaliator as an exploration vessel most of the time anyway with the option of loading it with boom boom stuff. Just have to sit and wait on specs, always the chance of CCU option later I guess.

Associate
We'll see, I was aiming to use the Retaliator as an exploration vessel most of the time anyway with the option of loading it with boom boom stuff. Just have to sit and wait on specs, always the chance of CCU option later I guess.

Yeah the Retaliator probably has more modular options to change the ship role and if I had one with LTI I wouldn't remove it, but as you say we shall see what the updated concept says about the Carrack. Redeemer or Carrack? ;)

Keep in mind though even if the image is from CIG, maybe the final concept art tomorrow will be completely different to the image above as who's to know how old it is...

Last edited:
Associate
Pets are the new $64 million goal...

"We’ve added a lot of ships lately, and so we’re making the $64 million goal a fun one.

Pets – We have repair bots, we have fish… but we haven’t implemented a traditional pet system in Star Citizen yet. At $64 million, that changes. From Jones the Cat in Alien to the Battlestar Galactica’s Daggit, pets have a place onboard starships… and we want to give you that option in Star Citizen. Expect traditional terrestrial options, plus anything exotic we can dream up in the Star Citizen universe! (Those Torshu Grey crabs that keep escaping are just the start.) This stretch goal is in honor of Paddington, Strike Dog of the UEES Paul Steed. In one of our first videos Paddington helped us get to $4 million back in the initial campaign, and sadly passed away recently.
"

and the $65 million goal could be for increased ship modular options.

Soldato
OP
I'll be surprised if the landing gear isn't changed dramatically. My Tali doesn't have LTI but two years worth of insurance is pretty much the same really lol

Associate
Pets are the new $64 million goal...

"We’ve added a lot of ships lately, and so we’re making the $64 million goal a fun one.

Pets – We have repair bots, we have fish… but we haven’t implemented a traditional pet system in Star Citizen yet. At $64 million, that changes. From Jones the Cat in Alien to the Battlestar Galactica’s Daggit, pets have a place onboard starships… and we want to give you that option in Star Citizen. Expect traditional terrestrial options, plus anything exotic we can dream up in the Star Citizen universe! (Those Torshu Grey crabs that keep escaping are just the start.) This stretch goal is in honor of Paddington, Strike Dog of the UEES Paul Steed. In one of our first videos Paddington helped us get to $4 million back in the initial campaign, and sadly passed away recently.
"

and the $65 million goal could be for increased ship modular options.

... This stretch goal is very meh :|

Soldato
Perspective of the carrack picture makes it look much shorter than 110m.

So I think there is a lot more length that we can't see until having a direct side view.

Overall, I love it. :)

Soldato
The window shielding is amazing.

The AtV interviews were really good - gave us a good idea of their ideas behind the ship. I love that a big specification was the idea of a "floating" cockpit - with mostly unobstructed view of space so you don't feel like you're in a ship.

Very happy with the result of this ship - can't wait to see more interior pictures of the scout ship and middle section.

Associate
... This stretch goal is very meh :|

Maybe but this is just a minor goal the next one with the new modular ship options is meant to be a major feature.

Another Carrack external view concept image is in the latest Around the Verse Episode at around the 35m43s mark (same image in the link from kablooey) plus lots of other Carrack info earlier in the episode.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
The window shielding is amazing.

The AtV interviews were really good - gave us a good idea of their ideas behind the ship. I love that a big specification was the idea of a "floating" cockpit - with mostly unobstructed view of space so you don't feel like you're in a ship.

Very happy with the result of this ship - can't wait to see more interior pictures of the scout ship and middle section.

Windows shielding..

Captain: "Engage window shield!"
First Mate: "Aye aye captain! Boys, get engage armoured foreskin!"

Back
Top Bottom