******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Caporegime
Its a common practice in marketing. Make a website flashy and look expensive, has a more positive effect on the product your selling than having something simple and functional.

Draws people in.

First impressions yes, but people soon get put off by the fact that they get lost and can't find what they are looking for.

Anyway, i bought a skin and it has given me full backer status. :)

Associate
Paul you sound just like me mate.....never been a huge space/scifi fan......never really been into anything like Star Wars etc.....allthough I loved Alien.

But then this game came along and ive followed it very closely since just after the successful Kickstarter campaign.

NEVER followed a game, been as excited for a game or even put as much money into a game, as I have for Star Citizen.....I have not idea how it will turn out, but if they even make 50% of what they have promised, it will be one of the best games ever made IMO.

I'll join the same club as Paul, never played a Space Sim before, never had interest in a space sim before.

This got me hooked and spent around $300. Not paid much attention to it lately though but in a way i like that as a lot of it will be a surprise.

Its quite funny really, just the knowledge that something was set in space was enough to turn me off stuff straight away. I like Star Wars and love Red Dwarf, but stuff like the various Star Trek's (ive seen the film reboots and enjoyed them, but a mate paid for me to see it cos i certainly wasnt going to!) and stuff like that.

Since SC ive watched Firefly and started BSG and enjoyed them, i think what always bothered me was the unknown, a reality which had no relation to what i know and understand.

Now i cant wait to get in there, and exist in that universe with friends.

Associate
CIG Round table (aka re-enactment of the design meeting for the Orion)
[edit] okay... maybe its not that. seems its just a round table with the designers :D... still roll on mining info!! :D [/edit]

Roll on the rest of todays mining info

Associate
Inside CIG: Imaginarium (MoCap stuff)

Really impressive, especially seeing the instant results inside the cryengine. I've no idea what lengths other games go towards building their campaigns, but this is shaping up to be the gaming equivalent of Avatar (with tech more advance than they had, too).

Soldato
Inside CIG: Imaginarium (MoCap stuff)

Really impressive, especially seeing the instant results inside the cryengine. I've no idea what lengths other games go towards building their campaigns, but this is shaping up to be the gaming equivalent of Avatar (with tech more advance than they had, too).

great video, my old colleague, Mr Bender. :) He's a great guy, knows his stuff

Associate
Had to wait till 4:15am for my 1000th post!!!!

RSI Orion: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/...n/14518-Rugged-Colossus-Orion-Mining-Platform

Orion_01.jpg

Orion_02.jpg

Theres a vimeo video on the website (not sure why vimeo, when 99% of their content is on youtube, but give it 5min and im sure someone will copy it) which shows the animation of those 'blocks' with each one going clockwise - anti-clockwise - clockwise . Looks pretty cool.

ZaHUXMF.gif

Its also viewable in the holoviewer too, but im a little disappointed by the limited images. Theres only 1 proper concept shot (plus 2 blueprints and a concept worksheet type thing), it would have been nice to see a little more of it. [edit - found a 2nd one (8 ]

I think it looks awesome, but i prefer the Reclaimer, but it looks like it'll be a lot of fun when you get hold of one :D

Mining Design doc: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14522-Star-Citizen-Careers-Mining

Last edited:
Soldato
With it being viewable on the holoviewer, hopefully someone with import it into CryEngine and we'll be able to see it.

Edit: here it is...

Last edited:
Soldato
Picked one up to replace my carrack, Mining and hauling will be my main profession. Orion to mine and then Banu MM to haul across the galaxy.

Soldato
I won't be buying - Carrack is the only ship for me.

However the Orion looks immense and a really great design - on par with the Reclaimer. It looks like they may have been rushing to get it out, hence the fewer images.

Can't wait to see the Hull C now.

Associate
hmm I was thinking of melting my Carrack or something for it but can't bring myself to buy anything now they have added tax.

If the melt the Carrack for the Orion you would get $25 back. No extra money would be needed as you aren't tax on credit (if you didn't know already).

Along with the Reclaimer I think CIG have really nailed the industrial look of these two huge ships :)

Back
Top Bottom