Saturday, October 10, 2015
The Runway Visitor Park
Sunbank Lane
Altrincham
WA15 8XQ
(Manchester, UK)

Its right on the fringe of Manchester Airport
http://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/manweb.nsf/content/runwayvisitorpark

The only way they could have found somewhere more fitting IMO would be holding it at Jodrell Bank (which happens to be about 30min south of F42, compared to about 5min away), so they've got a nice venue there and its perfect for transportation, whether its plane, train or car. Im not certain if the train from London would stop at the airport, it passes very close (Wilmslow, where F42 is) but it might require a train swap at the city center.
Someone on Bit-Tech said it was £80 return from London, and is usually at its lowest 13wk beforehand (dont know what it'd be) and about £20 by coach.

Im just happy its pretty much on my doorstep (13 miles), although its 1h30 using 2-4 different services which all seem to take pretty much the same time, whether its 2 buses, or a hodge-podge of bus/tram/train and a little walking involved along the way too :D

Anyone here closer than 13 miles?

Associate
Orion Update

primarary.jpg

With its new 'Primarary' cockpit location :D Seems like it'd be easier to manoeuvre this way
More pics here: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14539-Orion-Miner-Update

Soldato
Wow that shot of the Orion is like a beast - I'm glad they moved the cockpit location.

So, when are tickets likely to be up for the October event? Not going to bother planning transport/accommodation until securing a ticket.

Soldato
I really do like the industrial look that some ships/manufactures are depicting, makes it more believable rather than having a shiny sleek ship that has a massive cargo hold... Can't wait to see how they flesh out the universe with other manufacturers and races.

Associate
Wow that shot of the Orion is like a beast - I'm glad they moved the cockpit location.

So, when are tickets likely to be up for the October event? Not going to bother planning transport/accommodation until securing a ticket.

Tickets won't be on sale until much closer to the event, last year for the LA Citcon they went on sale in September in 3 batches so people in different time zones had a chance to get them.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14136-Citizen-Con-2014

Associate
Yeah, less than a month before the event. That being said, that was when they announced the venue too. They've said that they want to organise things sooner to ensure people can also organise themselves better too. So it wouldnt surprise me if it was done much earlier, clearly they're planning thing much further ahead now.

July would be a decent timeframe, 3mo beforehand. Its a vicious circle though, dont want to book in advance incase you dont get a ticket, dont need a ticket if its too expensive to arrange everything.
I've no idea how quickly tickets sold, they sold 200 $2.5k Jav's in minutes, not sure how long the 300 CitCon tickets took to sell. PAX Aus took weeks, but then the population density is nothing compared to the UK, it'll be accessible to anyone in England, Scotland (most of) & Wales within a few hours drive, 4-5 in more remote areas i suppose, but a good 40m ppl im sure.

For purely selfish reasons, it'd be better for me if they were sold the day before and 90% of ppl didnt bother (cos im local, less competition), but really it needs to be at least 2mo beforehand really.

CitCon will almost certainly be the first time we see SQ42, whether its the just opening cinematics or a full on release, its expected around then and they wouldnt do it earlier, they'd want to do it here in Manchester with all the team there IMO, but i suspect it wont be a 'release party', just the first time we'll see something of substance. Looking forward to it.

Soldato
OP
I asked Concierge this week about the UK event, they said they didn't have any new info on it and tickets would go on sale about 6-8 weeks before the event.

Soldato
I've decided I was starting to get a bit carried away with the hype lol.

I've sold of my delta (ccu from omega) for £35 on reddit. Now I'm left with 3 Omega packages + $25 of melt.

That (and Alien Isolation) cost me £50. I think that's enough to be honest. I wish the big backers luck, but I'm done :) (or mayyyyybe another $5-$10 top up for the right avenger variant lol)

Associate
Been told of more CitCon news, and found the source for it too...

When can we order the tickets? :D "They will go on sale after SXSW, so stay tuned!" (SXSW is March 15th)
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/4520464/#Comment_4520464

That technically could mean April or later, but i dont think they'd troll us with 'after 2 weeks' and it be in 20wks etc :D

4.6 miles :D
How the heck do you get 4.6 miles for M28? :D Im M30, in Monton. best case scenario you're in Worsley and you'd still have to pretty much go past Monton.
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/M28/

Pretty close eitherway. oh, and your username, named after the Hobao RC buggy or just a coincidence?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
The game isn't finished it's still a year from complete at least so there isn't really a manual yet to be honest mate. It's still in alpha testing for just one of several modules needed to create the game.

Back
Top Bottom