******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
My family tree will show that I, myself began the SC dynasty that would hand down from generation to generation before the game finally released in it's real date of 2942.

This thread will be over 1000 pages (gtfo of here with man sized pages comments :p) before the game is released. Might even reach 2942 :cry:

I might install it again in 6 months time to see what's what. Last time I tried it it was still too buggy for my taste.

Suspended
They fixed that bug where NPC aren't standing on chairs. :D

uYa6oJ7.png

Soldato
We're having fun in the meantime..

Can't wait for free fly to be over so servers improve :D
I think it finishes today, might try to get one more game in before it's gone.

I've quite enjoyed it, my flying is shocking and I would quite like to try a ground mission but I've not had a lot of free time during the event. I keep forgetting to save a spawn point on the space station so I have to go through the city every time I die (quite a lot). I can see this as being a cracker of a game and possibly one that could be incredible in VR.

Soldato
OP
Now and then as history will show things didnt happen the way people expected it to...
at this point one ask, why not you know start over?
Don't give CIG ideas :D

To be fair if you look at the early years of CIG they essentially did reset at least once, when they move to Santa Monica they dropped a lot of staff key staff, many changes happened in the 24 months after that as the new management/project management structure all settled in and combine that with Manchester and Frankrurt offices.. I suspect a lot of things went back to the drawing board many times.

Caporegime
Don't give CIG ideas :D

To be fair if you look at the early years of CIG they essentially did reset at least once, when they move to Santa Monica they dropped a lot of staff key staff, many changes happened in the 24 months after that as the new management/project management structure all settled in and combine that with Manchester and Frankrurt offices.. I suspect a lot of things went back to the drawing board many times.
Wonder what the probability is that the reason for firing those people was for being too critical about the lack of delivery?

Soldato
OP
It was more to do with the staff not wanting to locate from Austin to Santa Monica to be fair, it was key staff rather than a lot - but they were still a small studio at the time so it would have had more of an impact. Eric Peterson was one of the key ones IMHO who left then.

Last edited:
Soldato
Wonder what the probability is that the reason for firing those people was for being too critical about the lack of delivery?

Well according to various rumblings, Chris Roberts was being leaned on and given the stink eye by various big time outside investors hence why 3.23 happened so quickly and why 4.0 is coming in a few short months. If outside investors decide he's taken the urine a little too much they'll pull funding and go elsewhere and Chris Roberts doesn't want that.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
That's not a rumour I believe tbh, I think it's more to do with SQ42 release coming closer and them wanting to get that out so they can start working on the various follow up episodes for it which will bring in more money and start the money printer back up.

Roberts has been dealing with investors etc for 30+ years, he knows how to manage them and how to lock them in.

Soldato
That's not a rumour I believe tbh, I think it's more to do with SQ42 release coming closer and them wanting to get that out so they can start working on the various follow up episodes for it which will bring in more money and start the money printer back up.

Roberts has been dealing with investors etc for 30+ years, he knows how to manage them and how to lock them in.
Check the financial reports. They have to offer to refund the shareholder stock next year I believe. Up to 80 percent of it and then again the last 20 percent 2 years later.

That's facts. Basically if your a outside investor, you can take most of your money out next year if you wanted or wait a further two years and take it all out.

CIG needs to convince them to continue to keep there money in the project.

Caporegime
No I have not so yes, I'm probably being unfair. However, there is no denying the noise around the game, up to and including its arch robber Mr CR, is almost louder than anything on which the game delivers.

Having said that, fair point. Perhaps I should try it.

Soldato
OP
Check the financial reports. They have to offer to refund the shareholder stock next year I believe. Up to 80 percent of it and then again the last 20 percent 2 years later.

That's facts. Basically if your a outside investor, you can take most of your money out next year if you wanted or wait a further two years and take it all out.

CIG needs to convince them to continue to keep there money in the project.

Yes those may be facts, but the "Chris is being pressured to get it out sooner" rumour isn't, fact is he's always been pressured by someone, it doesn't matter to him.

Soldato
No I have not so yes, I'm probably being unfair. However, there is no denying the noise around the game, up to and including its arch robber Mr CR, is almost louder than anything on which the game delivers.

Having said that, fair point. Perhaps I should try it.
yes it appears that way because they are very transparrant.

Anyways some news:

The following cards have passed their final review, and have been toggled to Committed for Alpha 3.23.2:

Item Banks​

Adding Item Bank kiosks to the persistent universe, allowing players to retrieve and store FPS items at multiple locations.

Freight Elevators​

Implementation of systems and content for players to physically load and unload cargo to and from their ships by conveying cargo to and from hangars, landing pads, garages, and docking collars.

New Missions - Cargo Hauling​

Making use of the Freight Elevators feature, this mission type will have players hauling large quantities of cargo to earn both aUEC and reputation.

Personal and Instanced Hangars​

Creating new tech that creates an instance of the player's hangar to allow for uninterrupted management of cargo, inventory, and vehicles. Personal hangars are found at the player's home location and allow for customization and organization of the hangar interior.

Back
Top Bottom