******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Yes those may be facts, but the "Chris is being pressured to get it out sooner" rumour isn't, fact is he's always been pressured by someone, it doesn't matter to him.
o yea for sure. his just pressured into showing something that will make investors stick by him and that thing could just be cig dropping 4.0 patch that proves server meshing works. infact i bet you that if 4.0 does drop and it is a success(not success in being compleet bug free but able to play with thousands of players with little to know server issues, investors will pour more money in rather then take it out.

I said to some here that if 4.0 drops to live and is a success, i wold buy a idris or kraken as a thank you for cig in creating my dream MMO/open world/universe game

Last edited:
No I have not so yes, I'm probably being unfair. However, there is no denying the noise around the game, up to and including its arch robber Mr CR, is almost louder than anything on which the game delivers.

Having said that, fair point. Perhaps I should try it.

I'd say the vast majority of people who bad mouth the game, Come up with all sorts of insults towards the staff members etc... haven't actually tried it... and to echo something I said elsewhere earlier -

"I find it quite funny how all these gaming urinalist rags always bang on about Star Citizen being "controversial"... to who ? The people who don't play it ?"

Check the financial reports. They have to offer to refund the shareholder stock next year I believe. Up to 80 percent of it and then again the last 20 percent 2 years later.

That's facts. Basically if your a outside investor, you can take most of your money out next year if you wanted or wait a further two years and take it all out.

CIG needs to convince them to continue to keep there money in the project.
That investment though is in relation to SQ42 not SC which seems to have significantly gone under the radar about that and the investment. So factually it tied to them needing to release SQ42 rather than SC in that period.

I'd say the vast majority of people who bad mouth the game, Come up with all sorts of insults towards the staff members etc... haven't actually tried it... and to echo something I said elsewhere earlier -

"I find it quite funny how all these gaming urinalist rags always bang on about Star Citizen being "controversial"... to who ? The people who don't play it ?"

Even if they try it, or don't it's a valid opinion to have. I think BF/COD etc are all trash but can see how people have fun in them especially playing with friends. I feel the same about SC, it's a junky mess most of the time, but outside of Valheim it's probably the game I've had the most fun with over the past 5 years. It can be an absolute joy to play.

SC has a learning curve that's very unforgiving at times which also puts people off who expect something more akin to No Man's Sky, where they can dive in and get playing, when SC is more like Elite Dangerous with a bit more "nonsense" on top and all hidden behind a fairly confusing UI and game menu system.

Let's face it we all play SC because it offers what no other game does at the moment, proper emergent space sim-style gameplay. I'm forever exploring or trying out new stuff, that's what I enjoy the most.

Yeah SC learning curve is huge, the game is enormously complex, just getting to your ship and out of atmosphere with it is a lot to take in and that's not even the start of it.

I do worry about that for when this game goes mainstream.

Yeah SC learning curve is huge, the game is enormously complex, just getting to your ship and out of atmosphere with it is a lot to take in and that's not even the start of it.

I do worry about that for when this game goes mainstream.

Want a game that's tough to learn ? Play the X series "build, trade, fight" you need to read a manual to understand the manual to play that game :D

Want a game that's tough to learn ? Play the X series "build, trade, fight" you need to read a manual to understand the manual to play that game :D
This! SC I find to just get into SC it pretty basic. There are nuances but nothing super taxing. X4 for instance to really get anything out of it is much deeper with a greater learning curve required.

This! SC I find to just get into SC it pretty basic. There are nuances but nothing super taxing. X4 for instance to really get anything out of it is much deeper with a greater learning curve required.

I don't think you can really compare them at all. I mean in SC you don't have the option of just giving commands to fly your ship around a map to an ai pilot. You have to control it yourself.
Plus the late game. You're mainly navigating menus and building stuff etc. There isn't much in common between them other than they are set in space. Both games are complex in separate areas which is because they have very different focuses.

Last edited:
I don't think you can really compare them at all. I mean in SC you don't have the option of just giving commands to fly your ship around a map to an ai pilot. You have to control it yourself.
Plus the late game. You're mainly navigating menus and building stuff etc. There isn't much in common between them other than they are set in space. Both games are complex in separate areas which is because they have very different focuses.
I wasn't trying to compare in terms of gameplay. Just the learning curve and complexity of game mechanics in X4 as example compared to that of SC.

I see a lot of people banging on about the price of ships again.

Last night some random Youtube with a guy new to the game and relatively positive, but about 70% of the 30 minute video was about the cost of ships, even when he consciously tried to get of that topic and speak about the game more generally it took less than a minute to digress back on to it, going over the same ground and repeating the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over......... incredibly tedious him labouring on that one thing.

WTF is wrong with people?

Last night some random Youtube with a guy new to the game and relatively positive, but about 70% of the 30 minute video was about the cost of ships, even when he consciously tried to get of that topic and speak about the game more generally it took less than a minute to digress back on to it, going over the same ground and repeating the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over......... incredibly tedious him labouring on that one thing.

Price of ingame ships or pledge ships ?

I think it's just pure ignorance, CIG themselves have said many many times that outside of the base package you do not need to ever buy anything else to gain access and that the vast majority of ships can be earned ingame. I honestly don't understand how this is so difficult for these people to grasp.

Its some of that yes, buy a Javelin and try to solo it, good luck with that, these things are org share ships.

Also, just because its there is not reason as to why you must buy it, i think this is the reason some people get so mad and so upset about this, if its there they can't just not buy it, they are soft in the head, they have no impulse control and of course that's never their own fault, its evil because they can't stop themselves when its put in front of them.

Last edited:

Saw same video. Was very confused as at no point did he at least try to mention that you could just pay $45 and earn all those ships in game or that the big ship packages were asked for by the whale community themselves.

But end day more views on game. More people to Google it and check it out one way or other and he clearly generally liked the game even as it is.

Space Tomato is a pretty solid youtuber on Star Citizen, consistently says - get the basic package, spend no more and even when on streams with whales (inforunners etc) consistently says he has a problem recommending anything at $100+ because it's just so much money. I think he's awesome tbh.

We need more doing this, the whales are insane, I use to think I was one but I'm a minnow by comparison lol

Space Tomato is a pretty solid youtuber on Star Citizen, consistently says - get the basic package, spend no more and even when on streams with whales (inforunners etc) consistently says he has a problem recommending anything at $100+ because it's just so much money. I think he's awesome tbh.

We need more doing this, the whales are insane, I use to think I was one but I'm a minnow by comparison lol
Met Tomato in LA at CitCon last year, was a solid enough dude.

Updated fleet, Aside from the P-52 that comes with the Constellation series, It's all RSI :D

5RIpc1P.jpeg

I like Space Tomato, His videos are always really grounded and informative without hyperbole.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom