******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

I too was also hyped up for it but unfortunately I can't make it as I'm tight in cash right now due to home renovations and other stuff.
Yeah, its silly money.
It was about £45 for CitCon in 2015, albeit for a 2h show, with a basic goodie bag, and free drink at the bar.
Now its £240 for a 2 day event, and so for a significant amount of people thats going to require a hotel or similar, then travel & food on top.
I live in Manchester, and still found it too expensive to justify.

I think the issue is if they went back to shorter events, its probably harder for people to justify travelling overseas to one for a 3h event, but making it 2 full days at a large venue means its not going to be cheap.
That said, they've sold all the tickets (pretty sure they were still on sale the day of the last CitCon) so...

In regards to 3.23.2. It's stall tactics. They have had a big issue implementing the cargo and persistent hangers work.

4.0 is going to be delayed as well for sure but they have started to test server meshing which I took part on yesterday.

Worked as expected but it needs a lot of work around it for it to be ready for live.
Its not stalling though is it, its them struggling to get something to work and push it out within their original timetable, but this just seems to be them recognising major releases are a little sparse because they're BIG patches not minor ones dressed up as major ones.
Given the size of 3.23s planned content, i'd say its worthy of being a milestone release like 4.0.
By calling it v3.24 they get to refresh the ship rental list (adding the San'tok.yai i think) and release the rest of the features that didnt make 3.23

Delays to 4.0 sucks, but its something we're all pretty much used to now. I remember people joking about how the game probably wouldnt be released until around this time, said ironically, and here we all are, very little has changed except we're all older... MUCH older.

What sucks is to begin with CIGs vision for SC was exactly what i wanted to see from the industry, i had zero interest in space games at the time, but i backed because it was doing something i wished more developers would do, which was making a complex meaningful game, rather than a shallow one or a carbon copy reskin of their last game etc. However its hard to say this is the solution, either. I suspect if CIG knew they'd get to a point where they were bringing in around $100m/yr, their scope could have been more realistic, because it feels like it started out as an indie game with a big scope, and as the money rolled in, it had to be redone to Triple-A standards, and now its going to get comparisons to GTA5/GTA6 for production time & cost/funding and measured against that, when it started as a small team making a game with a $2-15m budget. The funding has been both a blessing and a nightmare.

Yeah, its silly money.
It was about £45 for CitCon in 2015, albeit for a 2h show, with a basic goodie bag, and free drink at the bar.
Now its £240 for a 2 day event, and so for a significant amount of people thats going to require a hotel or similar, then travel & food on top.

I think the issue is if they went back to shorter events, its probably harder for people to justify travelling overseas to one for a 3h event, but making it 2 full days at a large venue means its not going to be cheap.
That said, they've sold all the tickets (pretty sure they were still on sale the day of the last CitCon) so...

Its not stalling though is it, its them struggling to get something to work and push it out within their original timetable, but this just seems to be them recognising major releases are a little sparse because they're BIG patches not minor ones dressed up as major ones.
Given the size of 3.23s planned content, i'd say its worthy of being a milestone release like 4.0.
By calling it v3.24 they get to refresh the ship rental list (adding the San'tok.yai i think) and release the rest of the features that didnt make 3.23

Delays to 4.0 sucks, but its something we're all pretty much used to now. I remember people joking about how the game probably wouldnt be released until around this time, said ironically, and here we all are, very little has changed except we're all older... MUCH older.

What sucks is to begin with CIGs vision for SC was exactly what i wanted to see from the industry, i had zero interest in space games at the time, but i backed because it was doing something i wished more developers would do, which was making a complex meaningful game, rather than a shallow one or a carbon copy reskin of their last game etc. However its hard to say this is the solution, either. I suspect if CIG knew they'd get to a point where they were bringing in around $100m/yr, their scope could have been more realistic, because it feels like it started out as an indie game with a big scope, and as the money rolled in, it had to be redone to Triple-A standards, and now its going to get comparisons to GTA5/GTA6 for production time & cost/funding and measured against that, when it started as a small team making a game with a $2-15m budget. The funding has been both a blessing and a nightmare.

Wonder if they'll start issuing refunds to people that didn't make it for the actual final release of the game especially SQ42... you know the people that pledged but died and never saw the game come to light..

As bad as it sounds but 15 years is a long time...

Just a thought there.

Yeah, its silly money.

I dont live in manchester. i am in london so a train ticket to manchester from when i saw last time costs just as much as taking a flight to barcelona....

No i think its stalling tactics and it began with the so called glitch patch 3.23.1a taking over a month yes a month to get it to LIVE....

They used 3.23.1a to further delay the cargo gameplay and persistent hangers instead of just calling it as it is and just admitting they are struggling with it and they dont know when it will go into ptu nevermind LIVE.

They could have fixed the glitch before IAE as it was mentioned in the ptu of the original 3.23 a month before 3.23 went live...

They now dont have much of a carrot to dangle to us now to try and further delay cargo and persistent hanger.

No excuses now. Cant blame nothing now

Wonder if they'll start issuing refunds to people that didn't make it for the actual final release of the game especially SQ42... you know the people that pledged but died and never saw the game come to light..

Just a thought there.
lol why?

Not to sound harsh but people die every day.

you could pass away in the next 15hours or 15 years, no one knows. Thats why you have life insurance for lol, and refund for a £35 game? lol im pretty sure that is way down the pecking order in dealing with someone who died and there estate...

Forget the mortgage that a deceased person may have, there other assets, debts etc. we must demand a refund for £35 for SQ42

Last edited:
lol why?

Not to sound harsh but people die every day.

you could pass away in the next 15hours or 15 years, no one knows. Thats why you have life insurance for lol, and refund for a £35 game? lol im pretty sure that is way down the pecking order in dealing with someone who died and there estate...

Forget the mortgage that a deceased person may have, there other assets, debts etc. we must demand a refund for £35 for SQ42

Dunno, imagine if you pledged a few grand into this game with nothing to show for it. Not saying the game is bad cos i play every other day and get enjoyment out of it but doesn't steer away from the fact that the game has been in development for 15 years.

Dunno, imagine if you pledged a few grand into this game with nothing to show for it. Not saying the game is bad cos i play every other day and get enjoyment out of it but doesn't steer away from the fact that the game has been in development for 15 years.
O i thought you meant sq42 release?

Also, i think its been 11 years not 15 by the way?

If you check the pledged rules, you are basically donating to CIG per say and as a reward you get a Ship out of it.

i think maybe if i die today , cig should definetly refund me my polaris, perseus, BNM and odysee for sure!

lol

September 2012 was the noise about the project, October 2012 was the start of funding if I recall correctly.

My daughter was 2. She's now entering 3rd year at high school..

Last edited:
September 2012 was the noise about the project, October 2012 was the start of funding if I recall correctly.

My daughter was 2. She's now entering 3rd year at high school..

Chris Roberts diddnt even have a daughter when he started this project. He has two now...

Elliott the lead mission designer was still wearing nappies as well

Last edited:
the initial boards had entire threads about puter upgrade strategy to handle the game, i wonder how many thousands were spent upgrading to still struggle when the tech demos were launched, and how many more will need to be spent when/if an actual product hits the shelves.

the initial boards had entire threads about puter upgrade strategy to handle the game, i wonder how many thousands were spent upgrading to still struggle when the tech demos were launched, and how many more will need to be spent when/if an actual product hits the shelves.
my mate bought a GTX780 to be ready for this game. I told him he was jumping the gun, and smugly bought a GTX980 to be *definitely* ready to run it :D

(that was 3 GPUs and 2 cpus ago... i doubt i will still have my RTX 3090 when Star citizen finally drops............ maybe i will still have it for S42)

Last edited:
# [[Evocati PTU] Star Citizen Alpha 3.24.0 PTU.9221646 Patch Notes](https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/190048/thread/star-citizen-alpha-3-24-0-ptu-patch-notes)

## **Audience: Evocati**

## Testing/Feedback Focus
- Personal & Instanced Hangars
- Freight Elevators
- Storage Access
- Hover Trolleys
- Hangar Decorations

**Not Ready for Testing/Feedback**
- Cargo Hauling Missions
- Cargo Commodity Rebalance
- Dynamic Event: Blockade Runner

## **Features and Gameplay**
**Gameplay**
- Personal & Instanced Hangars
- Freight Elevators
- Commodity Kiosk Updates
- Storage Access
- Hover Trolleys
- Hangar Decorations
- Added ESP Dampening Strength Modifiers to Game Settings Tab
- mobiGlas Contract App UI Polish

**Ships and Vehicles**
- Made Further Minor Flight Controller Tuning Changes to most ships for Afterburn and SCM Speeds
- Increased RSI Mantis Engine Attachment Health
- Reduced RSI Mantis Emissions
- Greatly Increased the Health on All Ship Gimbal Sizes

## Technical
- Fixed 4 Client Crashes
- Fixed 3 Server Crashes
- Fixed 2 Vulkan Specific Client Crashes

Just a thought there.

They should have launched SQ42 a while ago and get the MP sorted later or rather extend the scope of SQ42 to something similar to RDR2. MP could have been a side thing, slowly evolving. By now we could have had the 2nd installment of SQ42... Feels a bit like a "sunk cost fallacy" if they push on with this...

Returned from an unofficial BarCitizen last weekend. Was a good laugh, very drunk, we had a good turnout of devs as well which was nice to see. Didn't really learn anything secret though but was good to get some insight into some of the backend choices, both good and bad ones.

I managed to miss getting one of the cards that were given out for a wee hanger doodad. :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom