******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Caporegime
Mental right. Either the developers are not good at there job or something else?

Seriously Wtf

I think they are very good and doing the best they can but ____ broken yo.... poor management, wrong priorities, persistent hangers has been on and off the roadmap for years, its been put off and put off as too difficult right now for too long and now its been done last minute when what should have happened is they should have had a small team working on solving its problem working in the background for those last couple of years knowing eventually it couldn't be put off any more.

I think SQ42 taking up the bulk of rescores over the last few years was a mistake, the MP / MMO part of the engine has been completely neglected and now they are trying to add MMO components to a broken engine.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think they are very good and doing the best they can but ____ broken yo.... poor management, wrong priorities, persistent hangers has been on and off the roadmap for years, its been put off and put off as too difficult right now for too long and now its been done last minute when what should have happened is they should have had a small team working on solving its problem working in the background for those last couple of years knowing eventually it couldn't be put off any more.

I think SQ42 taking up the bulk of rescores over the last few years was a mistake, the MP / MMO part of the engine has been completely neglected and now they are trying to add MMO components to a broken engine.

13 years...absolutely incredible.

:)

Soldato
Isn't that part of the network thing? I recon the guys that are specialized on that, aren't the same guys implementing and developing other, basic, general functioning elements of the engine.

I thing the big issue is that they haven't allowed for players to just enjoy the WiP offline, like ArmA 3 was developed. But then again... AI is pants after soooo many years....

Soldato
This is the engine that its based on, this is MP, the movement, the gunplay, its fun, its good, some of the people who made this game are making Star Citizen.

That really doesn't say much. The maps are too small, too little happening compared to what it should happen in the full game. A ship in SC is probably bigger (in terms of square meters) than an entire level in Crysis 3.

Soldato
totally OT but after completing crysis 1 and 2 i never got around to 3 despite owning for years. i should get on that!.

more on topic however i would imagine - spoken as a total coding luddite though - that making a small map which does not rely so much on networking and even when multiplayer is only small numbers of players (and possibly P2P not server based?) is a whole different ball game to what star citizen is doing.

i expect if you are only tracking a dozen players within a small area and not interacting with massive ships moving at speed etc its not so complex.

Some people who know a lot more than I who i spoke to who have worked with cryengine felt that it was from the get go a poor choice of engine to do this stuff.

am sure it will be fixed eventually. (fingers crossed)

Last edited:
Caporegime
totally OT but after completing crysis 1 and 2 i never got around to 3 despite owning for years. i should get on that!.

more on topic however i would imagine - spoken as a total coding luddite though - that making a small map which does not rely so much on networking and even when multiplayer is only small numbers of players (and possibly P2P not server based?) is a whole different ball game to what star citizen is doing.

i expect if you are only tracking a dozen players within a small area and not interacting with massive ships moving at speed etc its not so complex.

Some people who know a lot more than I who i spoke to who have worked with cryengine felt that it was from the get go a poor choice of engine to do this stuff.

am sure it will be fixed eventually. (fingers crossed)

3 is pretty good, i don't think it better than 2, visually it still holds up IMO, those videos were made and upload 11 years ago but i thick you can still see through the mud and compression it still looks like a modern-ish game, those were, i think, medium settings as my HD 7870 couldn't manage anything higher 60 FPS.
The MP was very underrated IMO

Also, Crytek are making a Crysis 4, i bet they get it done before 4.0 :D

Anyway, i take your point but the gunplay and flow of movement has never felt anything like as good in Star Citizen as it did in Crysis 3.

Caporegime
As an update to 3.24 EFT i managed to get my ship and out of New Babbage last night, ship retrieval is kinda' working in persistent hangers now, so that's a huge step forward but its still full of bugs, it doesn't take much to glitch it or break it, for example calling another ship while you have one on the landing pad confuses it, it will close the pad doors over the pad and then lower the pad through the doors....

But big progress on the day before, at least now it will fetch your ships instead of doing nothing or teleporting you out of the hanger.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Ok.....

Last night i logged off at Orison.

Today: went to Cousin Crow's and bought 5 XL-1 drives, attached one to my ship.

Went to space port, ignored the external ASOP's and went straight for a lift, my hanger was already listed on the lift panel, i went to my hanger, on the cargo lift terminal i transferred 3 of the XL-1 drives to the cargo lift and sent it up, sure enough 3X XL-1 drives in the cargo lift, i went to the hanger ASOP and called the C1, nervously, but it was fine, the hanger brought up the C1 majestically.
I loaded the 3 XL-1 drives in to the C1, called ATC, was granted exit, made my way to Seraphim, called ATC, they gave me a medium hanger, pheeew, i landed, took the XL-1 drives off the C1 and transferred them to the cargo lift, sent it down and those drives are now in my Seraphim inventory, i stored the C1.

Nothing went wrong, nothing glitch, it was all working perfectly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom