******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Suspended
3.23.2 is its own patch now... 3.24, 1 quarterly patch has become 2, this is a new one..... no update to the roadmap yet so 4.0 is still down for Q3 which ends on the 30'th September.

We will have to wait and see if the one patch so far of the year not yet fully delivered near 7 moths in to the year is now 2 patches and pushes 4.0 in to next year, but its ok, we didn't get 4 patches this year. we got 2... is it 2? No its 2 halves, so 1 that now makes 2, i'm confused....

Oh also as you can read there its its own patch because the remaining stuff from 3.23 is enough to warrant its own patch, not because its taken so ____ long to get out, and still isn't, but because really it was 2 patches in 1 all along, don't you know? Just... Just don't worry your pretty little heads about it.

iNd0ANB.png

Stop treating us like idiots.

Last edited:
Suspended
From time to time i do agree with SaltEmike...

Why is this classic CIG?
Bit off more than they can chew, didn't get it done, Said that it was so close we just missed it, 3 months later still don't have it and are now calling it a different patch so they can say they delivered more patches than they would have if they didn't rename 3.23.2; 3.24.

Bang on.... it was 3.23, they couldn't get the whole patch done for fleet week so there was going to be a 3.23.2 patch, they still haven't got that done, if they do get it done this year then they can say they put out 2 patches this year instead of just one.

What is really annoying about this is how cynical it is, its the sort of thing you do to some one if you think they are stupid.
It'll come next week, the week after that, another week, just a few more days, a few more, another week.

Oh dear, at this point we might as well just bundle it with 4.0, ah damn we are going to have to delay that now, another week, another... ah its Citizencon now, we have lots of cool stuff about persistent hangers this years in Citizencon, its going to be great, oh its Christmas, and we have a 2 week holiday in January, now we have to schedule some meetings about meetings to discuses meetings..........

Well i was almost right, its pretty much the same thing, instead of integrating it in to 4.0 they called it a whole new patch, which is worse... i'm not going to say "called it" yet but Citizencon is not that far off now.

And then he lets himself down again by patronising his audience who are saying the same thing he just did, like i said something in this guys head isn't right....

Also, in the thread.

Ln3gMwH.png

Yeah...

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I always thought it odd that those didn't exist. I think the last joystick I recall with it was that MS Force feedback one from like 1998.

There are a really low number of them.
Logitech continued to make one for a while post the MS one being sold.
Brunner currently sell some.
There are a couple of "home baked" versions that have been available for around a year, see VPforce.

This is likely to be the first sensibly priced base unit that can be bought as a complete unit from a large scale manufacturer.
I'm sure that the DCS pilot group will be keeping a very close watch on the release date and costs.

I do wonder/hope that OCUK will expand their Moza range to include these units.

Soldato
There are a really low number of them.
Logitech continued to make one for a while post the MS one being sold.
Brunner currently sell some.
There are a couple of "home baked" versions that have been available for around a year, see VPforce.

This is likely to be the first sensibly priced base unit that can be bought as a complete unit from a large scale manufacturer.
I'm sure that the DCS pilot group will be keeping a very close watch on the release date and costs.

I do wonder/hope that OCUK will expand their Moza range to include these units.

I can see it being more appealing for flight sim players because you'd expect feedback, but I thought in space you'd generally not expect that.
Though I guess you would when flying around planets.
I'm purely basing this on the Virpil Cosmo SIM cams having very slight to no resistance.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
From the vid that I just watched, looks like it can be fully customised with the settings.
So for SC, maybe low resistance in space, but feedback in atmosphere or where there’s gravity.

Roll on being given a date for it being on sale with a confirmed price.

Associate
Do you guys plan to do a meet at CitCon this year? I was hyped to hear it was back in Manchester and then pretty deflated when i saw the pricing and figured i'd rather spend that money on other things.
However a mate told me earlier today he's decided he no longer wants to go, so he's letting me have his ticket for free. Its a VIP ticket, so im gonna post the physical goodies to him as he was talking about travelling down just to pick them up, and if theres any new merch (they didnt bring anything in 2015) i'll see if theres something i can add to his package.

re: v3.23.2 vs v3.24, im really not sure what difference a version number makes to anything.
So 90% of the content was expected in v3.23 and was going to be added as a minor update, and now its going to be the exact same patch, but called v3.24 rather than 3.23.2. Its just a different release name.
The one thing this 'major' update does, that wouldnt have happened as a 'minor' update, is force CIG to update the dealership ships by an update, so they're no longer exclusive to the pledge store. I'm pretty sure the only ships ive rented have been from expos and the F8 lightning, but people being able to buy content in-game that they wouldnt have if they labelled it a minor update, seems like a plus to me. Likewise, a major patch might add a new flyable ship too.

Last edited:
Soldato
Do you guys plan to do a meet at CitCon this year? I was hyped to hear it was back in Manchester and then pretty deflated when i saw the pricing and figured i'd rather spend that money on other things.
However a mate told me earlier today he's decided he no longer wants to go, so he's letting me have his ticket for free. Its a VIP ticket, so im gonna post the physical goodies to him as he was talking about travelling down just to pick them up, and if theres any new merch (they didnt bring anything in 2015) i'll see if theres something i can add to his package.

re: v3.23.2 vs v3.24, im really not sure what difference a version number makes to anything.
So 90% of the content was expected in v3.23 and was going to be added as a minor update, and now its going to be the exact same patch, but called v3.24 rather than 3.23.2. Its just a different release name.
The one thing this 'major' update does, that wouldnt have happened as a 'minor' update, is force CIG to update the dealership ships by an update, so they're no longer exclusive to the pledge store. I'm pretty sure the only ships ive rented have been from expos and the F8 lightning, but people being able to buy content in-game that they wouldnt have if they labelled it a minor update, seems like a plus to me. Likewise, a major patch might add a new flyable ship too.
I too was also hyped up for it but unfortunately I can't make it as I'm tight in cash right now due to home renovations and other stuff.

There are some here that will meet up.

I'll let them pm you for more details.

In regards to 3.23.2. It's stall tactics. They have had a big issue implementing the cargo and persistent hangers work.

4.0 is going to be delayed as well for sure but they have started to test server meshing which I took part on yesterday.

Worked as expected but it needs a lot of work around it for it to be ready for live.

Back
Top Bottom