******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
OP
I really don't understand why they are limiting ships. I've got access to all 3 at the moment but surely it'd drive sales if they allowed people access to all of the available ships? By all means limit what people can see in the hangar, but when they get into the simulation? Give them a choice of ALL ships.

Soldato
I really don't understand why they are limiting ships. I've got access to all 3 at the moment but surely it'd drive sales if they allowed people access to all of the available ships? By all means limit what people can see in the hangar, but when they get into the simulation? Give them a choice of ALL ships.

Well, It depends how much it's currently driving sales, there might be loads of people just buying them, but I don't know.

I thought they were planning, once the multiplayer was in full swing, to have 'hornet weekends' etc. So they can get lots of hornet related data, then next ship etc etc.

Coz if you let people have fulll access, then they might not play a certain ship enough for good balancing. But if you only let them play that ship for a couple of days, more people will play it consistently to get the most out of the limited offer

Soldato
I haven't actually managed to fire a missile yet, don't think the binding is setup on my T16000M yet, need to look at TARGET to see what it's set at.
You should just need to map a button on the stick to the Mouse 3 (ie Scroll Click) command in the stick's config settings... Might just be a bug, though.

Aurora - didn't go well, really was quite a mess. Think I got utterly trashed at the start of the third wave.
I rather like this little thing.
Keep it moving, though, as it seems to be a bugger for NPCs to hit. Kinda like the Patriot in Freelancer!

Hornet - slightly better, just tougher really. Got to wave 5 or 6
Stoopid pain in the ****, piece of **** ship!!
Handles like a dead cow and is more of a heavy hitter/gunship thing than anything else. I'm getting throwbacks to Top Gun:
"Gentlemen. This is your first hop. The jets you're flying against are smaller and faster and more manoeuvreable, just like the enemy MiGs. Clock is ticking, and as of now we are keeping score"

300i - Not sure why but I seem to consistently have more fun with this, been on wave 7 a few times.
My favourite of the whole bunch. It gets a few more hits, but is every bit the space-jet it looks like.

Associate
So I got to wave 7 in the Aurora MR

Bad Points
Not very maneuverable, some of the bosses were actually running rings round me

Stock guns are a bit rubbish and overheat/run out of energy real quick so you need pick your shots, take ages to cooldown/recharge too. No secondary weapons for when they fall off either

No ejection seat :O

Good Point(s)

I managed to kill some Vandull in an Aurora lol

Soldato
I've found that they can run rings round you if they get too close, making it better to boost away and turn round, getting a good run at them.

Though with practice I've found I can shoot them while turning pretty well now so I'm not bothered :p
trying to do everything at full speed was a big problem for me lol

Soldato
OP
Never tried but I guess you can't just get up out the chair and wander to the doors? Now that is something I'm looking forward to at a later date :)

Soldato
The reason that the hornet feels so much more sluggish than the 300, is to do with the placement of the thrusters, the 300 has thrusters that are far apart, so require less force applied through them to rotate the ship around its various axis, whereas the hornet has the thrusters all close together, which makes it harder to turn.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom