******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
tbh, in war thunder it does have some levelling up. You do start off with just basic ships and plane or tank with basic ammo/crew/features.

Arma i can definitely agree on.

I too am kind of bored of levelling up type of gameplay and much rather play a game where you just do different stuff from the get go and its your skill and knowledge that makes you better.

It’s like racing sims.

For instance i got GT7. A good game but i started to get put off by levelling up system… I just want to pick any car and track and race nowadays.

Dunno why i got to grind for a GT2 Car and track for me to use when really you have to grind on the actual track and car learning it and getting faster and more consistent.

So just like SC/ARMA. Instead of grinding to unlock the ability to fly a ship or the ability to drive a vehicle to a town with hostiles, you instead “grind” learning how to fly well or grind actually taking down all hostiles of that said town..

Caporegime
I'm more a naval type of guy so i like World of Warships, its World of Tanks but with ships

In that i find the battles in the low tiers more enjoyable but i also have an intrest in some of the historic war ships like HMS Nelson, KMS Bismarck, the built but unnamed H39 and H41 classes, IJN Yamato.... but those are massive battleships at the highest tiers so levelling up is necessary, even so i'll play for a few weeks, get bored and give it a rest for 6 months
The thing with levelling up is its disappointing, most of these huge Battleships are long range snipers, you have to keep away from the action or you get torpedo spammed, i do find that boring, there is only one capital ship that i enjoy and that is KMS Bismarck, she has very effective secondary guns, destroyers and cruisers find it difficult to get close enough and if they do find themselves too close, Bismark's secondary guns shred them, the main guns are also effective at close range and the armour is good enough to bounce incoming main shells just so long as you keep the armour at angles to your adversary, she also manoeuvres well and the turret rotation is fast enough to keep up with that manoeuvring.
In a sentence she is designed to be a brawler.

Last edited:
Soldato
tbh, in war thunder it does have some levelling up. You do start off with just basic ships and plane or tank with basic ammo/crew/features.

Arma i can definitely agree on.

I too am kind of bored of levelling up type of gameplay and much rather play a game where you just do different stuff from the get go and its your skill and knowledge that makes you better.

It’s like racing sims.

For instance i got GT7. A good game but i started to get put off by levelling up system… I just want to pick any car and track and race nowadays.

Dunno why i got to grind for a GT2 Car and track for me to use when really you have to grind on the actual track and car learning it and getting faster and more consistent.

So just like SC/ARMA. Instead of grinding to unlock the ability to fly a ship or the ability to drive a vehicle to a town with hostiles, you instead “grind” learning how to fly well or grind actually taking down all hostiles of that said town..

Indeed, there is some grinding in War Thunder as well (has to be since is "free" to play), but you can still use way lower tear tanks against higher ones while wot is more RNG.

But yeah, ArmA is a much better comparison.

Associate
Yes, and here are the in game prices:

Cutlass Steel: 1,355,300
400i: 6,352,700
Redeemer: 8,675,500
Spartan: 255,500
Raft: 1,853,000
Hoverquad: 88,000
Ion / Inferno: 2,859,000
A2 : 5,525,000

Caporegime
Yes, and here are the in game prices:

Cutlass Steel: 1,355,300
400i: 6,352,700
Redeemer: 8,675,500
Spartan: 255,500
Raft: 1,853,000
Hoverquad: 88,000
Ion / Inferno: 2,859,000
A2 : 5,525,000

Looks like i have to do some more bounties and some Quantanium mining for the 400i, i will have about 4.5 Million left after buying the Inferno.

Damn its not cheap that 400i.

Inferno.

Soldato
When I kick-started it, it was for a 300i....what has happened to that?

It in game and has been since June 2013 and had a rework in 3.5.1 in May 2019. It has a good number of variants. You can buy in game for 767,200aUEC or rent for a day for 15,344aUEC. It is the only ship that has offered paint and interior customisation to date that you can purchase on store currently as a proof of concept for such.

Anything specific about it you want to know?

Back
Top Bottom