******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Fatterpillar is a good name.

The name drop of the Kraken was unneeded, they have a tone of drake ships to pull inspiration/parts from to help make the Kraken, the game just isn't ready for a ship like that yet.

Soldato
OP
@jonneymendoza made a good point on discord earlier that the Ironclad looks like smaller parts of the Kraken might look like later. Guessing they'll figure out the corridors, hangar area etc using the Ironclad as modules then can slot them together to make the Kraken later.

Associate
Looks like I'm just a couple of months younger than grandpa Raumarik.

Screenshot-20240524-085529-Chrome.jpg

I seem to spend most my time space trucking at the moment, I should probably try taking on a few different contracts...

Soldato
@jonneymendoza made a good point on discord earlier that the Ironclad looks like smaller parts of the Kraken might look like later. Guessing they'll figure out the corridors, hangar area etc using the Ironclad as modules then can slot them together to make the Kraken later.
They did say the ironclad makes it possible to build out the kraken faster so yeah would deffo make sense. Anyone want a guess at cost of the ironclad?

It would also work to have a couple of small fighters you could hide in there to trick pirates.

Caporegime
Game is running slow on high end

Basically EVERY game I have installed works perfectly, even the latest titles such as Hellblade II and Ghost of Tsushima - directors cut. There isn't a moment where the game chugs or I have to worry about game performance.

i9 10900K @ 5.3GHZ ( 65c )

4080 Super OC White

32gb ram

NVME Drive

Windows 11

Page file set correctly, temps are perfect

3440x1440 ( HDR )

Basically, the first time I spawned in the "hub" for the tutorial, my frame rates are diving, so much so it's unplayable. They are at 28FPS, with it set to all on HIGH and sometimes Very High ( testing ). I've tried DLSS it has made no difference.

What I have noticed is my GPU is at 0% and my Cpu is at 65% usage. So it's pretty much not using the resources at its disposal. So any help would be gratefully received.

It's NOT related to Overclocking, it is NOT related to my Nvidia graphics card settings nor does my system have any issues. Considering the games I play, and have played throughout the years. This is the first game I've tried that it seems to be struggling somewhere?

Cheers :)

Soldato
Looks like I'm just a couple of months younger than grandpa Raumarik.

Screenshot-20240524-085529-Chrome.jpg

I seem to spend most my time space trucking at the moment, I should probably try taking on a few different contracts...

Space trucking is my jam, can do that for hours. Only annoyance now is that many of the good routes are swamped with pirates and griefers, tempted with the ironclad though that ship looks awesome.

Caporegime
Game is running slow on high end

Basically EVERY game I have installed works perfectly, even the latest titles such as Hellblade II and Ghost of Tsushima - directors cut. There isn't a moment where the game chugs or I have to worry about game performance.

i9 10900K @ 5.3GHZ ( 65c )

4080 Super OC White

32gb ram

NVME Drive

Windows 11

Page file set correctly, temps are perfect

3440x1440 ( HDR )

Basically, the first time I spawned in the "hub" for the tutorial, my frame rates are diving, so much so it's unplayable. They are at 28FPS, with it set to all on HIGH and sometimes Very High ( testing ). I've tried DLSS it has made no difference.

What I have noticed is my GPU is at 0% and my Cpu is at 65% usage. So it's pretty much not using the resources at its disposal. So any help would be gratefully received.

It's NOT related to Overclocking, it is NOT related to my Nvidia graphics card settings nor does my system have any issues. Considering the games I play, and have played throughout the years. This is the first game I've tried that it seems to be struggling somewhere?

Cheers :)

Its not your System, its the current state of the game, your GPU, obviously, is a monster and it is for this game, your CPU, while really not at all bad as far as CPU's go, is the problem for how the game currently is, i think unpoised is an understatement and i suspect there are memory leaks all over the place.

If you're in cities, especially Lorville on Hurston but Area 18 on ArcCord and New Babbage on MicroTek too you will find that your 4080S monster is having a little nap while your CPU is screaming its head off trying to wake it up.

I have a Ryzen 5800X, its a bit better than your 10900K, i'm also running an RX 7800 XT, i run the game 4K native, no upscaling, i get similar frame rates to you in cities, a bit more, my GPU, which is no where near as good as yours is bottlenecked by the CPU, at 4K! In Cities.

Once you get out of cities and in to space or on to moons it should improve, but probably not by a huge amount.

They know its a problem, they have been working on it for a while, there is a fix coming, i wouldn't like to say when.

The only real fix right now is a better CPU, like a 13/14700K or best yet a Ryzen 7800X3D.

Last edited:
Associate
Its not your System, its the current state of the game, your GPU, obviously, is a monster and it is for this game, your CPU, while really not at all bad as far as CPU's go, is the problem for how the game currently is, i think unpoised is an understatement and i suspect there are memory leaks all over the place.

If you're in cities, especially Lorville on Hurston but Area 18 on ArcCord and New Babbage on MicroTek too you will find that your 4080S monster is having a little nap while your CPU is screaming its head off trying to wake it up.

I have a Ryzen 5800X, its a bit better than your 10900K, i'm also running an RX 7800 XT, i run the game 4K native, no upscaling, i get similar frame rates to you in cities, a bit more, my GPU, which is no where near as good as yours is bottlenecked by the CPU, at 4K! In Cities.

Once you get out of cities and in to space or on to moons it should improve, but probably not by a huge amount.

They know its a problem, they have been working on it for a while, there is a fix coming, i wouldn't like to say when.

The only real fix right now is a better CPU, like a 13/14700K or best yet a Ryzen 7800X3D.
In Orison I get 25 FPS when I look out of a balcony. It's not improved in years and I see the optimisation process being a mahoosive undertaking.

Associate
Space trucking is my jam, can do that for hours. Only annoyance now is that many of the good routes are swamped with pirates and griefers, tempted with the ironclad though that ship looks awesome.
I've been fairly lucky with my trucking so far, I think I've only encountered hostile players a small handful of times.
Currently using my Connie for most cargo jobs, tempted by the M2 Hercules.

Soldato
I am patiently waiting for wave 1 access :)
News:
(Friday) We are continuing to work through the remaining blocking issues for 3.23.2 which currently contain hangars, cargo updates, and more. Since these changes have huge, widespread effects to how almost every system in our game operates, our goal is go through with an accelerated Evocati to Waves 1-5 system when ready. We are expecting multiple different PTU builds next week starting Tuesday with 3.23.2 hopefully Wednesday. Will update more here next week!

Also:

Soldato
And if you do get a higher end Intel CPU don’t forget to do the fix for the E cores as they cause major stuttering issues. I get 30-40fps with them enabled and the game using them. Can almost double that by stopping the game from accessing them
Would you mind elaborating on this? I have a 12700k which I have noticed with certain games the E cores have caused issues. Did do a google but nothing Star Citizen related.

Soldato
Would you mind elaborating on this? I have a 12700k which I have noticed with certain games the E cores have caused issues. Did do a google but nothing Star Citizen related.

There are two fixes. 1 is the easiest. turn off E cores in bois. The other is better but involves more “faf” of keeping the e cores on but stopping sc accessing them.

will allow this video to explain

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom