******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
Oooh... i just watched this whole thing....

The first guy he had on his discord about this game was not on the level, Asmon asked him the right questions, smart questions to try and get to the bottom of it, to those the first guy was giving evasive none answers and porky's, that guy had spent thousands of $ on the game and was not happy, its the gamblers mentality, soft in the head, have no impulse control and then act the angry victim of predatory practices.

The second guy, who has spent about $100 in 8 years convinced Asmon to buy the $45 package and try it for himself, which he's going to do, Asmon is going to become a Star Citizen, not right away, he has at least a months worth of stuff he needs to get through but Star Citizen Asmon is coming, oh crap...

Its worth watching it from start to end...
I've watched the first 15mins. I like him but he waffles a lot. What's the tdlr?

I don't think he should try sc until 4.0 comes along.

Now is not the time. Especially after he saw the citcom demo and literally was creaming his pants.

Better to wait for 4.0 when hopefully 95 percent of what was shown in that citcom demo is live in 4.0

Suspended
I've watched the first 15mins. I like him but he waffles a lot. What's the tdlr?

I don't think he should try sc until 4.0 comes along.

Now is not the time. Especially after he saw the citcom demo and literally was creaming his pants.

Better to wait for 4.0 when hopefully 95 percent of what was shown in that citcom demo is live in 4.0

Not really something one can tldr, just watch the last 5 minutes, from this point.

Also.... i'm on Youtube again.... :o

Suspended
I just... i don't get SaltEMike.

I'm watching a video of him reacting the the Asmon video, multiple people have gone there and said in the chat that they have just finished watching that video and came there to see some Star Citizen gameplay, SaltEMike is going out of his way to try to put them off even trying the game out for themselves, its not just that he's being real about the game to give people real expectations of what they would find, he's suddenly turned in to one of its biggest haters, using words like Unplayable, Scam, Tech Demo... like he's rabid foaming at the mouth with the idea that anyone would want to give it a shot and make thier own mind up about it.

He defends it to the point of absurdity, often irrationally critical of people who make constructive criticisms of the game and especially CIG, again and i emphasise to the point of absurdity, which is why i stopped watching him as part of my regular Star Citizen meals. but the moment he gets wind some random wanting to give this a shot he turns 360 degrees to go the the other extreme, like he's extreme gate keeping, something is seriously out of balance with that boy, all he knows is extremes.

Opposites of extremes cannot exist at the same time, pick a side and stop being an extremist you ____ moron.

Yopu know for someone who is a Star Citizen only streamer to say Star Citizen isn't really a game, that its unplayable and maybe even a scam a rational person would be quite right to think to themselves "so why are you playing it all day every day? What is wrong with you? Is this a cult?" At at least attempt to put a rational argument forward... WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU????

Last edited:
Suspended
Ok, people don't know what they are talking about, Mike thinks he knows everything but is actually clueless...

I was in this play test, both SaltEmike is correct and the person being interviewed is also correct, both at the same time.

The 800 player shard test, first of all that was a multi server shard test, when you have a shard made up of multiple servers the worst case for you is that every one is on one server, that server then need to deal with everything in that shard on its own.
So, to stress test this CIG set up a shard with multiple servers, they asked every one to go to GrimHex as GrimHex was being run by a single server.

Now this is how they are both correct, if you're already at GrimHex and you spawn there while there are already 700 people there and the server can't handle it you get the SaltEmike experience, because that server is overloaded with 700 people, if you spawn at Area 18, like i did that server is running beautifully, the only time you notice something is up is when you cross that invisible server boundary in to the GrimHex server, because that server is so stressed (the whole point of the test) you feel some weirdness in what is supposed to be a seamless transition, in exactly the way the person Asmon is interviewing described.
He is telling the absolute truth as it was from his perspective, and it is the truth, as is SaltEmike from his perspective, which is equally true.

So its not that this person is a liar, Mike... YOU don't know what you're talking about and from your perspective because you know everything anyone who says anything counter to your subjective experience must be a lair. More extremism mindset.

UdcRJpJ.png

Last edited:
Suspended
Another perspective, also correct by his experience, same experience i had, until i arrived in the GrimHex server, then it fell apart, as it was expected to from the devs perspective, it was a stress test, it was good at 200, so crank it to 400, still ok, crank it to 800... oh, right so that's what it takes for it to fall to pieces, successful test, they got the information they needed, now they can work with it, this was not an epic failure because the server fell on its face, it was meant to fall on its face you simpleton. Get him out of Evocati, he's too angry and too clueless to be there, he doesn't understand anything about anything that's going on but worse still thinks he know more than anyone around him.

Also, i had $90 spent in game when i was asked to join Evocati, in 2016, its not club for whales, it never was, tho i do wonder what the hell SaltEMike is doing there....

Last edited:
Soldato
I just... i don't get SaltEMike.

I'm watching a video of him reacting the the Asmon video, multiple people have gone there and said in the chat that they have just finished watching that video and came there to see some Star Citizen gameplay, SaltEMike is going out of his way to try to put them off even trying the game out for themselves, its not just that he's being real about the game to give people real expectations of what they would find, he's suddenly turned in to one of its biggest haters, using words like Unplayable, Scam, Tech Demo... like he's rabid foaming at the mouth with the idea that anyone would want to give it a shot and make thier own mind up about it.

He defends it to the point of absurdity, often irrationally critical of people who make constructive criticisms of the game and especially CIG, again and i emphasise to the point of absurdity, which is why i stopped watching him as part of my regular Star Citizen meals. but the moment he gets wind some random wanting to give this a shot he turns 360 degrees to go the the other extreme, like he's extreme gate keeping, something is seriously out of balance with that boy, all he knows is extremes.

Opposites of extremes cannot exist at the same time, pick a side and stop being an extremist you ____ moron.

Yopu know for someone who is a Star Citizen only streamer to say Star Citizen isn't really a game, that its unplayable and maybe even a scam a rational person would be quite right to think to themselves "so why are you playing it all day every day? What is wrong with you? Is this a cult?" At at least attempt to put a rational argument forward... WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU????
His a idiot. End of.

Clueless and is not a good youtuber to promote this game.

For all the moaning about boredgamer. His far away a better youtuber and representation of the game.

His actually also pointed out the flaws as well as the good things too.

Space tomato is another person worth following. **** saltie Mike.

His annoying and spreads a lot of false info.

Its good that you have us so more insight on the serve mesh test as I did not know cig asked u lot to go to one place to stress test it. It's very good to hear that a single dgs can seem to handle 400 players from that earlier build!

What I think cig will do is see what the limit is for a server and that will be the max player count for a shard. We will have to wait for dynamic server meshing to see thousands in a shard

Back
Top Bottom