******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
OP
Logged in hoping to do a show walk this morning. Damn it! :D

I think I may finally get a Cutlass Red after years of using the C&R and drooling whenever I saw one in game.

Caporegime
Found the cause of my frame drops...

Just played DayZ and it was stuttering, low frame rates just like Star Citizen. Saw my GPU was saying 0% which wasn't right. Alt Tabbed, came back in and game was running fine. Enabled GPU/CPU monitoring, instant drop/stutter and doesn't come back unless I alt-tab. So It's the Nvidia App :/

Caporegime
Found the cause of my frame drops...

Just played DayZ and it was stuttering, low frame rates just like Star Citizen. Saw my GPU was saying 0% which wasn't right. Alt Tabbed, came back in and game was running fine. Enabled GPU/CPU monitoring, instant drop/stutter and doesn't come back unless I alt-tab. So It's the Nvidia App :/
Nvidia.

Last edited:
Soldato
There are two fixes. 1 is the easiest. turn off E cores in bois. The other is better but involves more “faf” of keeping the e cores on but stopping sc accessing them.

will allow this video to explain

Cheers for that bud.

Have given it a try but still seem to get avg 40 fps with stuttering, this is on a 12700k, 3090, NVME and 32GB.

Would like to give it a chance though as haven't for a few years at this point (bought a starter pack in 2016) so may hop on to the discord at some point and hopefully you guys can give me some pointers but just hate it when the game is so laggy :p

Edit: On doing a quick check what is the OCUK discord?

Last edited:
Soldato
Cheers for that bud.

Have given it a try but still seem to get avg 40 fps with stuttering, this is on a 12700k, 3090, NVME and 32GB.

Would like to give it a chance though as haven't for a few years at this point (bought a starter pack in 2016) so may hop on to the discord at some point and hopefully you guys can give me some pointers but just hate it when the game is so laggy :p

Edit: On doing a quick check what is the OCUK discord?

It’s here for discord link

Last edited:
Associate
Had a great session yesterday afternoon with my Org running through the xenothreat missions for the Mk2 skin. Good laugh and ended up being a real good use of my Spirit as well which was a nice change. Good couple small fleet battles in asteroid fields followed by SPK raid which was insanly easy with a few of us. Server was starting to die at that point though so desync was bad when the NPCs spawned in.

I'm a bit tempted to upgrade the Spirit to a Zeus...

Back
Top Bottom