** Official Tekken 7 Thread **

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Played some matches online tonight. Everything worked fine for me mostly. I do like that you can keep fighting the same person as long as they accept and not limited like street fighter v.

Have you guys unlocked any stuff with the fight money? I am thinking of unlocking all the old costumes.

Soldato
OP
I've unlocked some T-shirts, jeans and Jin's signature Flame Pants so far.

EDIT: And some healthbars and a different character portrait for Jin

Soldato
Online has been great for me especially the online gameplay netcode. I don't think I've had more than 2-3 consecutive disconnects when matchmaking via 'Warm Up' and requests come quickly. I think it helps if you accept the request as quickly as possible.

The problems are much worse on PS4, so perhaps it's a concurrency issue with the matchmaking (offering the same requests to multiple players maybe).

T7 could be my favourite Tekken game since 3, it's very more'ish!. I'm having fun learning the matchups/strings and how to properly play Jin (again). I feel most of the new characters bring something new too which is nice.

I'm so glad that the PC port is solid, great to see more fighting games coming to PC (and more people playing fighting games as a result).

Also on a 280X here. I had to turn down textures to High due to Kuma/Panda's fur causing drops below 60fps in gameplay especially on Kinder Gym stage. Do you see the same results?.

I have all other settings maxed though, carried out a lot of testing and it's been holding 60fps at all times in gameplay.

Yes the one game when I tried kuma my framerate dipped down to 40fps but I didn't like the character so never used him again.

I did turn down aa to low because the game looks better. High aa in this game just seems to blur everything.

I'm enjoying the double elimination tournaments they are very exciting.

Associate
I've completed the story mode, including the special chapter featuring Akuma. Talk about a cheap boss! I was forced to turn down the difficulty after nearly an hour of attempting to beat him!

Associate
Yeah I take back what I said about the matchmaking connections now - had no end of problems getting ranked games connected last night. I think it's probably how somebody else explained: it takes a bit of time to get the game list that by the time you've selected one the match has already been fulfilled.

I'm still having a good time, I just hope it's not abandoned a few weeks after release. What character is everyone playing? I've been a King player since Tekken 3.

Soldato
OP
I'm playing Jin now, I played different characters in 5 and 6. Trying to get past beginner level:p I've had a really looong break from the series but the charm is still there even if you suck.

What ****** me off, though, is Namco's total neglect of SP content... Tekken 6 was a lot more fleshed out in this regard (I don't get how 7 can have less content with such an immense gap between the two). How could they remove arcade ladders with endings for each character and shoehorn everything into the Saga?:mad: I've yet to play the story but I've heard character stories are just one-off encounters! WTF!

If the online community does out quickly, I'll be extremely miffed.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I'm playing Jin now, I played different characters in 5 and 6. Trying to get past beginner level:p I've had a really looong break from the series but the charm is still there even if you suck.

What ****** me off, though, is Namco's total neglect of SP content... Tekken 6 was a lot more fleshed out in this regard (I don't get how 7 can have less content with such an immense gap between the two). How could they remove arcade ladders with endings for each character and shoehorn everything into the Saga?:mad: I've yet to play the story but I've heard character stories are just one-off encounters! WTF!

If the online community does out quickly, I'll be extremely miffed.
Yeah, I also did not play a Tekken game for a while. The last one I remember had bowling game in it which was a lot of fun at the time. They should have left that in and also the arcade mode character endings.

Maybe they will still do all this and add it for free as time goes on like SFV did. I hope so anyway.

Still even as it is I would rather it be released on PC than not. I will certainly get my moneys worth. I think I paid £22 or £23 for it, so not bad at all for a game I will be playing for many years :D

Soldato
OP
Yeah, I'm glad it came but they shouldn't have removed those features. There was even a beat'em'up minigame called Tekken Force in 6 and it had actual levels! Other minigames were also pretty enjoyable.

I don't care for the cut characters as the current roster covers everyone I'll ever play as but it'd be great if they released some free DLC with additional SP content like modes or mini games and stuff to unlock.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
True. I also hope they add Lei Wulong in at some point though.

Just spend some FM and unlocked the Korean Karate outfit for Hwoarang, also changed his hair and removed the eye patch. Looks much better now, more like how I remembered him anyway :)

Did not need to do anything for Paul Phoenix as his red outfit is already available.

Soldato
Yeah, I also did not play a Tekken game for a while. The last one I remember had bowling game in it which was a lot of fun at the time. They should have left that in and also the arcade mode character endings.

Maybe they will still do all this and add it for free as time goes on like SFV did. I hope so anyway.

Still even as it is I would rather it be released on PC than not. I will certainly get my moneys worth. I think I paid £22 or £23 for it, so not bad at all for a game I will be playing for many years :D

I think people said they data mined it and tekken bowling is part of the season pass, I don't think it has been confirmed yet.

Personally I miss the tekken force and scenario campaign they were great fun.

I'm loving the double elim tournaments I was playing them for hours last night.

Soldato
Yeah I take back what I said about the matchmaking connections now - had no end of problems getting ranked games connected last night. I think it's probably how somebody else explained: it takes a bit of time to get the game list that by the time you've selected one the match has already been fulfilled.

I'm still having a good time, I just hope it's not abandoned a few weeks after release. What character is everyone playing? I've been a King player since Tekken 3.

I think more people will keep buying it because of the great reviews. I personally think it's the most fun I had on fighting game in years.

I love playing as Jack-7 he has always been my favourite he is just so powerful and fun to use.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I'm loving the double elim tournaments I was playing them for hours last night.
I have done one so far, only beat two guys then it got too hard :o:D

I personally think it's the most fun I had on fighting game in years.
Agreed. This is the best fighting game on the PC for me. Having quite a bit more fun with it compared to Street Fighter 5 where I just like to pop in for a few matches a week where I do the weekly missions and match or two online before I get a bit bored.

Soldato
Every tournament Ive been in, the host gets bodied, leaves and the tourney shuts down. Terrible system.

Yes agreed tournament needs some work, I had a great first night playing them but since then it's been terrible experience.
I host them so I know I won't quit but still if the person I'm up against quits it kicks me back to main menu and ends the tournament.
The other issue I'm having is that someone will join that can't connect to the other players and get auto wins all the way to the final.

Hopefully they will patch it soon.

Associate
Ah good stuff. I'm having a decent experience playing online but it'll be nice to have fewer failed match requests/connections.

Are people mainly playing on a pad here?, if so which pad?
Growing up playing Tekken from PS1 onwards I kind naturally adopted what is now known as the "tekken claw" grip on pad :). I can play on stick but prefer the familiar feel of the pad with Tekken.

Associate
Are people mainly playing on a pad here?, if so which pad?
Growing up playing Tekken from PS1 onwards I kind naturally adopted what is now known as the "tekken claw" grip on pad :). I can play on stick but prefer the familiar feel of the pad with Tekken.

Stick. My mate here keeps giving me the look so I'm not getting much of a go ...

I'm gonna kick his ass later.

Soldato
Tekken is probably the worst fighter to play on a stick, but to each their own. The way the movement is gave me cramp in my hands when I tried it on a friends stick after about an hour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54ijUCAuo8o

This sums it up, it feels nice at first but when you begin to learn the more advanced movement techniques you're going to get serious bankers claw lol.

Back
Top Bottom