****** Official World of Warships Thread ******

Soldato
So I got the Bretagne over the weekend from the free crates

It's probably the worst of the T5 BBs :( Still better than nothing and it's a free port slot when I sell it

And thanks to @Qel for the codes

Soldato
How is the Bretagne?

I've seen them in matches, and they appear to perform spectacularly unimpressively! Can't really say that I'm all that excited about getting French BB's in the game, but I'll have a free Aigle seeing as they're offering one for a few tasks

Soldato
To be honest my first impression of Bretagne was just down to incredibly bad RNG, since playing her daily she's actually quite a capable tier 5, she's nothing special but she's ok and I'll probably be keeping her now

The Lyon however 16 barrel shotgun spam, regularly getting 80k+ damage games in her she's more fun than the Scharnhorst, weak in terms of armour but she's quick turns quite well and those guns pack a punch even if accuracy isn't the greatest

Associate
Not one monkey to be given about the new French BB's here! Even though I have got the Bretagne mission.

Really hoping they make the summer British DD release good.

Soldato
Could wargaming make the release of new ship lines any *SLOWER* if they tried?

I mean, they have the basic game built, the engine built, the (shonky) MM built, and now all they're doing is making some ship models, and faffing about with some virtual "soft" stats like gun range and HP - It baffles me why they take so long to release lines, I've barely played it the last few weeks except for a few matches to get the Aigle achievements, just so I can own something different to play!

(Bored of grinding at tier 7, tier 8 I have 1 ship and I just cant be bothered to work up to the highest tiers)

Soldato
OP
Could wargaming make the release of new ship lines any *SLOWER* if they tried?

I mean, they have the basic game built, the engine built, the (shonky) MM built, and now all they're doing is making some ship models, and faffing about with some virtual "soft" stats like gun range and HP - It baffles me why they take so long to release lines, I've barely played it the last few weeks except for a few matches to get the Aigle achievements, just so I can own something different to play!

(Bored of grinding at tier 7, tier 8 I have 1 ship and I just cant be bothered to work up to the highest tiers)

What ships do you have at tier 7 and 8?

They are slow at dropping ship lines but considering how bad the balancing can be at times I would prefer they take their time.

Im just rinse repeating the french mission stuff for crates atm so i can get the 10pt captain. It just reminds me how bad i am with the french ships as I never play them

Soldato
Finally unlocked the YYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

wows432.jpg

wows433.jpg

Soldato
A little Scenario fun - I absolutely love the Molotov to tiny little bits (and Kirov too) and it's such a massive shame that the BB-Meta has so completely pooped on T5-6 cruisers so heavily that the only time I get to take her out for a spin is in Scenarios. I mean just look at those Citadels!!!!

Plus the earnings and XP etc are great for what is a very easy Scenario to 5 Star (Raptor Rescue).

wows447.jpg

wows448.jpg

wows450.jpg

and my new Scenario record -

wows452.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
What ships do you have at tier 7 and 8?

Tier 8: Bismarck. Almost got enough XP for the Grosse Kurfurst, but don't know if I actually want her because she seems like a copy+paste of the Biz, until you get slightly larger guns available but with the downside of slower reloads. No-one likes slower reloads. :(

Tier 7: Glorious Scharnhorst, machine-gun Atlanta (IFHE, praise be!), Gneisenau, King George V, Mahan, Pensecola, Nagato.

So yeah, tier 7 seems to be where I end up 'sticking' at, mostly because of the silly grind requirements and my lack of willingness to purchase premium time.

Associate
Tier 8: Bismarck. Almost got enough XP for the Grosse Kurfurst, but don't know if I actually want her because she seems like a copy+paste of the Biz, until you get slightly larger guns available but with the downside of slower reloads. No-one likes slower reloads. :(

Tier 7: Glorious Scharnhorst, machine-gun Atlanta (IFHE, praise be!), Gneisenau, King George V, Mahan, Pensecola, Nagato.

So yeah, tier 7 seems to be where I end up 'sticking' at, mostly because of the silly grind requirements and my lack of willingness to purchase premium time.
grind that US CA line.
you won't be disappointed with Des Memes :cool:

Associate
I have stopped at Bismarck, T9/T10 German BB's hold no interest for me.

But out of your T7's and if you like DD play grind to the Fletcher. One of the best DD's in the game!

Soldato
OP

You should try the bully bismarck strat. Get 3 in a group all with secondary builds and move as a pack. Any Destroyer or cruiser that gets in range is toast and chasing down battleships with triple secondary spam is hilarious

Associate
The Grosser Kurfurst is worth getting imo. I didn't really rate Frederick the Great at T9 but the T10 is a whole different beast.

I had a monster 250k damage game in mine last week. Finished off an epic dual 1v1 against a Conqueror that left me on 129 health which won the game for us .

Qel

Qel

Associate
Finally finished the French campaign (just in time), so sick of playing the Aigle :p

Guess I may focus on making the push towards the Zao now (on Ibuki).

Back
Top Bottom