Ole's sacked, who next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Mr "The United Way" resorts to a defensive setup to save his own skin - no chance of attempting to coach the players a bit then Ole?

He's been after Sancho for 2 years yet resorts to a formation where he wouldn't even be able to play anywhere.

The whole thing is an absolute joke. Spurs are a complete mess at the moment and it looks like Nuno is getting the sack off the back of that result.

They are just hoping that Ole lumps on well enough not to have to sack him. Hopefully to replace at the end of the season but I have less than 0 faith. If Ole gets top 4, no matter how, I would bet on him being here next September.

If we were even an averagely run club Ole wouldn’t have got the job and he would have been sacked a while ago simply for lack of progress.

So Mr "The United Way" resorts to a defensive setup to save his own skin - no chance of attempting to coach the players a bit then Ole?

He's been after Sancho for 2 years yet resorts to a formation where he wouldn't even be able to play anywhere.

The whole thing is an absolute joke. Spurs are a complete mess at the moment and it looks like Nuno is getting the sack off the back of that result.

I think in the short term that's the only thing he can do, the amount of coaching required to turn performances around is significant based on the performances this season so far. The squad is just full of players that can't make 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 work, not when you have the likes of Rashford and Greenwood who want to be no. 9s playing out wide, creating nothing for Ronaldo.

Sancho can create from out wide but so far hasn't been given the game time considering he averages about half a game playtime at the moment.

Jury is still out and rightfully so, Spurs have been awful this season and yesterday's game isn't proof he'll suddenly come good with a back 5.

Ole Gunnar Solskjær has now outlasted:

3 Barcelona managers
3 Real Madrid managers
3 Juventus managers
2 Chelsea managers
2 Bayern Munich managers
2 Arsenal managers
3 Spurs managers
2 Inter managers
1 PSG manager

These clubs combined, have won 27 trophies during Ole's time.

If you don't laugh, you'll cry.

Ole Gunnar Solskjær has now outlasted:

3 Barcelona managers
3 Real Madrid managers
3 Juventus managers
2 Chelsea managers
2 Bayern Munich managers
2 Arsenal managers
3 Spurs managers
2 Inter managers
1 PSG manager

These clubs combined, have won 27 trophies during Ole's time.

If you don't laugh, you'll cry.

When you put it like that......that's astounding.

You could use the excuse that he's been kept because he was building something good and utd were on the brink of winning something. It just doesn't seem that way.

You could use the excuse that he's been kept because he was building something good and utd were on the brink of winning something. It just doesn't seem that way.

It never seemed like that. Ole was never building anything more than a better team than he had the previous transfer window. He was never improving the team outside of purely upgrading the personnel. That has been clear since day one.

He needs to go no matter the results in the next 8 months. Unless there is a christmas miracle and he suddenly turns into peak Klopp hes not (nor will he ever be) top draw.

It never seemed like that. Ole was never building anything more than a better team than he had the previous transfer window. He was never improving the team outside of purely upgrading the personnel. That has been clear since day one.

He needs to go no matter the results in the next 8 months. Unless there is a christmas miracle and he suddenly turns into peak Klopp hes not (nor will he ever be) top draw.

You make it sound like upgrading personnel is easy. Van Gaal and Jose brought some absolute rubbish.

You make it sound like upgrading personnel is easy. Van Gaal and Jose brought some absolute rubbish.

So has Ole up to a point. Building a team as a manager is not easy but its a hell of a lot easier than coaching and training a team to play good football. I've always given Ole credit for his recruitment which has been generally good. That doesn't change the fact he is complete **** when it comes to making a team greater than the sum of its parts.

So has Ole up to a point. Building a team as a manager is not easy but its a hell of a lot easier than coaching and training a team to play good football. I've always given Ole credit for his recruitment which has been generally good. That doesn't change the fact he is complete **** when it comes to making a team greater than the sum of its parts.

Luke Shaw's performance has got nothing to do with him? He had Martial, Rashford and Greenwood all getting 20 goals each in 19/20.

Ole's problems have all began because of Ronaldo returning. The team is just unbalanced now and it shows him playing 5 at the back now as he finally realised he is stuck with Ronaldo but as VDB can't get a game. The same is going to happen with Sancho.

You can argue about Ole and his capability but you don't go 28 games unbeaten away by winging it constantly.

Last edited:

It is not really. Premier League has the best managers in the world. If Ole had his Manchester United team in the Italian, German or French league I am sure he would have plenty of trophies.

Luke Shaw's performance has got nothing to do with him? He had Martial, Rashford and Greenwood all getting 20 goals each in 19/20.

Ole's problems have all began because of Ronaldo returning. The team is just unbalanced now and it shows him playing 5 at the back now as he finally realised he is stuck with Ronaldo but as VDB can't get a game. The same is going to happen with Sancho.

Yeah, it's Ronaldo's fault we lost the Europa League final. Oh, and all the other poor runs of form Ole has endured.

Ronaldo is keeping him in a job at the moment. Sancho wouldn't have suddenly been amazing if we didn't have Ronaldo back.

It pains me to see people attempting to justify the garbage we've been served up under Ole. We are just dead as a club at the moment.

It is not really. Premier League has the best managers in the world. If Ole had his Manchester United team in the Italian, German or French league I am sure he would have plenty of trophies.

I have to disagree. Under Ole I reckon Bayern, Dortmund, Inter, AC, Juve, PSG and even Lille last year would have beaten them to most competitions.

I have to disagree. Under Ole I reckon Bayern, Dortmund, Inter, AC, Juve, PSG and even Lille last year would have beaten them to most competitions.

I disagree. Premier league is just on a different level compared to other leagues. Westham would be fighting for a title in everything else bar La Liga imo.

I know UEFA coefficients are not the best measurement but when the English league has over Double the points of the French league and 50% more points than both the Italian and German it leads me to believe that is the case. Spanish league is in a mess now as well so will follow the others.

Last edited:

You can argue about Ole and his capability but you don't go 28 games unbeaten away by winging it constantly.

Ahhh I see Adams got his Ole blinkers back on.

Luke Shaw looked every bit the player he does now whilst under Van Gaal til his injury. It was purely game time that reproduced his form which is what Van Gaal was offering him and he's had once again.

Young players with talent will generally get better each season... More game time and also their own physical development means they have higher contributions.

Try not to overstate what is just common development, Ole ain't coached anything into any of these players they weren't doing previously.

I disagree. Premier league is just on a different level compared to other leagues. Westham would be fighting for a title in everything else bar La Liga imo.

I know UEFA coefficients are not the best measurement but when the English league has over Double the points of the French league and 50% more points than both the Italian and German it leads me to believe that is the case. Spanish league is in a mess now as well so will follow the others.

I hear you.

Bring back Moyes!

I know folks like to over hype the premier League, but come on. Ole would be winning trophies in the French, German and Italian leagues and Moyes' West Ham would be challenging for titles everywhere bar Spain is pure copium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom