Ole's sacked, who next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We weren't good last night but neither were Atalanta. A draw was hardly an unfair result, it was a pretty even game. Not sure why people are making it out like they dominated us.

McTominay would have been off after a second yellow :p

But yes, neither of them had a good game.

Top of the group though and only 3 points off City in the league amirite! Oles at the wheel!

Jeez, not sure what's going on :D - I meant I expected him to go off after his first yellow.............

We weren't good last night but neither were Atalanta. A draw was hardly an unfair result, it was a pretty even game. Not sure why people are making it out like they dominated us.

I would suggest that Atalanta were better, not massively so, but still better. The issue then comes from the fact that it would be expected for that United squad to be comfortable winners in that game, away from home or not.

Atalanta played better football and made far less mistakes, United on the other hand constantly gave the ball away, didn't look like they knew what they were doing and were fortunate that Ronaldo is an absolute animal. When you consider the two squads that's not the kind of post match analysis which you'd expect.

You can keep defending United fumbling points against massively weaker sides as a defence if you want, but for a team which cost as much as it did, the expectations are always going to be much higher. Had City played that poorly and rescued a last minute point the same criticism would be levelled at them. The difference being that you could realistically expect that to be a one off and corrected by the next game, not to repeat itself 10 games in a row.

Had it been last night in isolation for United i think everyone could just accept it was just an off night and all is forgiven, but it's hardly the first time the same mistakes/lack of cohesion have played out.

We definitely weren't expected to be comfortable winners away at Atalanta. This was the toughest game of the group for us and I would bet most would have been happy with a draw beforehand. Atalanta are a very good team.

Also funny you mention City because they drew at Atalanta a few years ago too.

Also they actually got dispossessed more than us and the pass accuracy was the same so not sure what you're talking about there.

We definitely weren't expected to be comfortable winners away at Atalanta. This was the toughest game of the group for us and I would bet most would have been happy with a draw beforehand. Atalanta are a very good team.

Also they actually got dispossessed more than us and the pass accuracy was the same so not sure what you're talking about there.

City also smashed Atalanta 5-1 at home, against arguably younger and stronger Atalanta team. They more or less played them off the park where as United struggled.

Atalanta's home form is also extremely poor with only 2 wins in 8, I wouldny of expected United to win the game either though, and I would have been happy with a draw knowing how terrible the performances have been, especially over the last few months.

Toughest game of the group? Do you think Atalanta are a better team than Villarreal? I think Villarreal opened United up a lot more than Atalanta did and on another day it would have been 3/4-0 at HT. Another game where Ronaldo saved the bacon.

yeah agree, i would have taken a draw before the game after first leg ... Gasperini is a canny old bird who gets a lot out of some average players, I don't include Zapata as average!

I don't understand what you are trying to get at most of the time. City have lost games to some awful teams. City have played badly against some awful teams. That doesn't mean that they didn't go into the game against Atalanta as firm favourites, same as us. City are also great 95% of the time. When they play poorly its an off day. When we pay poorly its just a normal day at the office.

You are constantly playing devils advocate and explaining why things aren't so bad by pointing out completely irrelevant things. Nuno just got sacked when Spurs are just 2 points behind us in the league. Without context that sounds like madness. We are only 3 points behind City and could easily sack our manager without anyone complaining. Would that be madness? Results and scores are not everything. Nuno got sacked because he was delivering awful football. Ole would be sacked for the same reason.

Yes, plenty of people would have taken a draw against Atalanta before the game. Maybe some people would have taken a 2-2 draw in the first game at OT as well. Would they be stupid to? Not necessarily. The way we played in both of those games though was **** poor and just another crap performance in a long line of crap performances. Thats why people get annoyed. Thats why people are sick of it.

I agree. Atalanta were effective to a point but ultimately there dominance in some aspects has contrived to earn them only 1 point out of 6. They certainly have more of a system to their play and I actually quite enjoyed the match despite the poor performances of a number of our players.I also thought Scholes's assessment of Pogba was quite insightful. Pogba had an awful game and appeared to sulk whereas McSauce at least got stuck in and tried to set an example. I can understand why OGS likes him - he's a genuine lad making the most of his talent, albeit he has a lot less talent that PP.
Pogba and Maguire didn't look much like £170m worth of footballer and its a worry that Varane now looks set to miss 70% of the first three months of the season (groin and now ham) I wouldn't be surprised if we beat City at the weekend and Ole prolongs the agony for us all. At least we can all marvel at Ronaldo.

Ole Gunnar Solskjær has now outlasted:

3 Barcelona managers
3 Real Madrid managers
3 Juventus managers
2 Chelsea managers
2 Bayern Munich managers
2 Arsenal managers
3 Spurs managers
2 Inter managers
1 PSG manager

These clubs combined, have won 27 trophies during Ole's time.

If you don't laugh, you'll cry.

A Facebook page called 'Caughtoffside' posted this yesterday so someone over there is clearly an OCUK reader! :p

Rangnick has claimed he has been interested in multiple clubs over the last few years. The problem is it doesn't seem any of them have been interested in him. Doubt there is anything in this either personally unless he would be happy with an interim role.

:o

Ole gunnar solskjaer meets with Klopp. He asks him, "Your team wiped the floor with us 5 - 0 I cant get over it, how do you run such an efficient team? Are there any tips you can give to me?"

"Well," says Klopp, "the most important thing is to sign intelligent players."

Solskjaer frowns. "But how do I know the players in my team are really intelligent?"

Klopp says. "Oh, that's easy. You just ask them to answer an intelligence riddle."

Then Klopp phones Mo Salah. "Please Join me and Solskjaer in here, would you?"

Salah walks into the room. "Yes, boss?"

Klopp smiles. "Answer me this, please, Mo. Your mother and father have a child. It is not your brother and it is not your sister. Who is it?"

Without pausing for a moment, Mo answers, "That would be me."

"Yes! Very good," says Klopp.

Back at Old Trafford, Ole gunnar Solskjaer asks to see Harry Maguire.

"Harry, answer this for me. Your mother and father have a child. It's not your brother and it's not your sister. Who is it?"

"I'm not sure," says Harry. "Let me get back to you on that one."

Harry goes to to the whole Man Utd squad and asks every one he can find, but none can give him an answer. Finally, on the way out he bumps into Paul Pogba

Harry says, "Paul! Can you answer this for me? Your mother and your father have a child and it's not your brother or your sister. Who is it?

Paul Pogba says, "That's easy. It's me!"

Harry says. "Thanks!" and goes back to the Managers Office to speak with Ole gunnar Solskjaer.

Harry Says, "I did some research I asked the whole team and I have the answer to that riddle. It's Paul Pogba."

Ole gunnar Solskjaer, stomps over to Harry Maguire, and angrily yells into his face, "No, you idiot! It's Mo Salah!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom