Palworld: Pokémon with guns

Just read a tweet from them saying they are selling on average 86k copies per hour! Now sold over 4 million copies in just 3 days!

For such a large release, this thread and other places about this game feel a little dead.
Most people are on the GPU forum pronouncing the death of PC gaming because leather man won't sell them cheap 4080s.

Absolutely nothing.

TemTem went without issue and so will this.

GP version won't launch for me so I may just drop the coin on steam.
Considering some of the character designs are 1:1 copies of Pokemon (look at the Evee alike in the post above this and Frenzy’s post #55) I think Nintendo, Game Freak and their lawyers are indeed going to have something to say about it.

Last edited:
This does look pretty great for just having a laugh with friends. But I'm not falling for that early access hype again, keeping a very close eye on this one though!

Problem with early access games, they take too long to actually come out as a fully fledged v1.0 game. By the time they do, the player base has shrunk and no ones interested in it anymore. Like Sons of the Forest, played this through early access and now that it's coming out as 1.0, i have no interest in going back.

If it's in early access, it needs to be quick... should be in beta phase when they release and not spend years in early access.

Problem with early access games, they take too long to actually come out as a fully fledged v1.0 game. By the time they do, the player base has shrunk and no ones interested in it anymore. Like Sons of the Forest, played this through early access and now that it's coming out as 1.0, i have no interest in going back.

If it's in early access, it needs to be quick... should be in beta phase when they release and not spend years in early access.

Yes to be honest you raise a great point on that front, and I encountered similar myself playing the original 'The Forest'. But moreso that I was just bored of it at final release.

Does this game have any current realistic ETA for the full-fat release?

So are people playing this multiplayer or what? I have joined an official server but my word it's rubberbanding all over the place - Any plans for a server for the OCUK lot?
Single player for me at the moment, I will consider multiplayer once the pings are improved. I think this game is made with a single player in mind first, servers are only 32 player, there's no pvp as far as I'm aware (yet anyway), so unless you play in a group of friends, I don't feel like multiplayer necessary right now.

I'd love to see something an online mode added that's in a similar style to Pokémon Stadium games.

Avoiding because it's such a rip of Pokémon and their last game is still in early access from 2020 and is a massive rip of BOTW. I just can't see myself supporting these guys.

Last edited:

Gonna surprise you to find out that GOTY 2023 was early released 3 years earlier.

And Escape From Tarkov seems to be in perpetual beta with players spiking every time they do a wipe and reset everyones progress.

Some games have sticking power which lasts beyond the initial gimmick and hype to get the first players in.

Ive bought it, gonna have a go for a few hours on the deck and see how it goes before refunding, I tried the xbox cloud gaming and was ok but keep getting dropped into queues and it seems to run ok natively on the deck. If there a roadmap anyone has seen for future content?

I have spooled up my own server with 32 slots , not sure if it can handle it on my tiny NUC with 16Gb RAM. Let me know if you want the address to it and try it out. I got a small starter base in the middle of the map with 5/5 stars.

Last edited:

I dunno satisfactory and valheim keeps calling me back and they been early access for ages

Gonna surprise you to find out that GOTY 2023 was early released 3 years earlier.

And Escape From Tarkov seems to be in perpetual beta with players spiking every time they do a wipe and reset everyones progress.

Some games have sticking power which lasts beyond the initial gimmick and hype to get the first players in.
Project Zomboid would be a good example of that, been in early access for 10 years and is still extremely popular.

Back
Top Bottom