Paris attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not think going into a thread where someone uses your over you're and laughing at them is the right place either but hey...

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/prophesied

I will leave it be, I just wanted to point it out to him if he is to have such elite standards then he could at least spellcheck himself.

You seem to think that your ignorance to the word prophecised is me making a spelling mistake.

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/prophecised

Are you going to move on from that now?

I'm not, if you follow what's being said he's claiming I'm not using grammar or full stops because he can't understand what I've said.

I'm not saying anything about his spelling or grammar.

*Whilst Rofflay incorrectly capitalises an H after a comma. Not a full stop. Haw haw haw haw (Ridiculing Eton laugh).*

Everybody knows what everyone else is on about, here. If someone chooses to take the grammar nazi approach to anything other than txt spk, they're grasping at straws when it comes to defending their opinion. That's generally clear.

Absolutely, thenewoc.

I don't know how I would have taken it if I'd been one of the members of security forces to walk into that hall and see the stacks of literally hundreds of Parisian and tourist bodies.

I can't even imagine it. Nor do I assume they'd ever imagined they'd see such a thing.

*Whilst Rofflay incorrectly capitalises an H after a comma. Not a full stop. Haw haw haw haw (Ridiculing Eton laugh).*

Everybody knows what everyone else is on about, here. If someone chooses to take the grammar nazi approach to anything other than txt spk, they're grasping at straws when it comes to defending their opinion. That's generally clear.

Well, if you look at what I've said, I've said nothing about his spelling or grammar...

For once, Ben Carson has actually said something that isn't stupid.

Ben Carson: Ban Middle Eastern Refugees after Paris Attack said:
Speaking to a group of Republican Party activists at an event Friday evening, Carson said, "If we're going to be bringing 200,000 people over here from that region — if I were one of the leaders of the global jihadist movement and I didn't infiltrate that group of people with my people, that would be almost malpractice."

http://www.rollingstone.com/politic...es-after-paris-attacks-20151113#ixzz3rRfSXKrP

Absolutely, thenewoc.

I don't know how I would have taken it if I'd been one of the members of security forces to walk into that hall and see the stacks of literally hundreds of Parisian and tourist bodies.

I can't even imagine it. Nor do I assume they'd ever imagined they'd see such a thing.

No or those faced with the decision of making the call to send the forces in with hostages involved. Worst news any president etc could be informed of i'd imagine. A sad attack on the fabric of society.

For once, Ben Carson has actually said something that isn't stupid.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politic...es-after-paris-attacks-20151113#ixzz3rRfSXKrP

That's true.

BUT, let's not jump the gun on this. You can bet your all that every right wing paper is as of tomorrow going to be called for all refugees to be dumped back in the sea and treated like cockroaches.

And I wouldn't be surprised if ISIS suddenly claim that this is their revenge for the killing of Jihadi John ("you hit us, we hit 100x back!").

But an operation of this size has been a loooooong time in the planning. This was no snap reaction. No sudden op.

It was a co-ordinated attack.

Innocent people shouldn't bear the ignorant brunt of this.

Didn't say you did. :)

I was pointing out his own error while he pointed out yours like it was an actual argument.

But i was pointing out that he made an error because he pointed out someone else had made an error. And i remember him pointing out an error i made before when i would type on that cursed phone with the broken key that would not let me do spaces.

Being 100% honest though i just did not have anything to really say to him other than he had one rule for himself and another for me and the guy who used your rather than you're lol. It is the first time i have actually mentioned spelling because i know my own is far from perfect.

Brain zap, A little nap is in order i think.

No or those faced with the decision of making the call to send the forces in with hostages involved. Worst news any president etc could be informed of i'd imagine. A sad attack on the fabric of society.

Yeah, that's another thing I expect... seeing the media jumping on commanders saying that if they'd just sent the squads in then these executed people would still be alive.

"Why were they hanging around outside for so long with the sound of gunfire and screaming going on?!?!?!?!!?"

Sigh.

If I were the guy in charge, I'd wish every day of my life that I could have saved those people. It would follow me forever, regardless of whether I could have done anything to save them.

As I'm sure it will every single person on the ground there this evening.

Very, very sad.

But i was pointing out that he made an error because he pointed out someone else had made an error. And i remember him pointing out an error i made before when i would type on that cursed phone with the broken key that would not let me do spaces.

Being 100% honest though i just did not have anything to really say to him other than he had one rule for himself and another for me and the guy who used your rather than you're lol. It is the first time i have actually mentioned spelling because i know my own is far from perfect.

Brain zap, A little nap is in order i think.

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

All I got was "ERROR! ERROR!"

LOL.

Don't worry mate. It's obvious that you've learned not to join the ranks of those using spurious grammar and spelling complaints in place of an actual argument.

I hadn't even noticed you'd done it. But now that you've pointed it out, all I have to say is: Don't do it again.

Or the next time you put your hand under your pillow when you're getting comfortable, I'll lock fingers with you.

Don't worry. They're soft.

There's already millions of immigrants to be infiltrated in France. Nothing to with the migrant crisis of late.

They are suggesting the use of suicide vests might indicate that this attack originated from outside of France, but no doubt it will take time and investigation to determine this.

So, all, how do we prevent a similar attack in London, tonight, or next month, or next year?

They are suggesting the use of suicide vests might indicate that this attack originated from outside of France, but no doubt it will take time and investigation to determine this.

So, all, how do we prevent a similar attack in London, tonight, or next month, or next year?

That was my immediate thought at the extremity of this... how long until the next London attack.

But I think our security is strong enough to keep them at bay for the time being. At least, one would hope so given their seeking to encroach on citizens to enforce it.

France hasn't had a good year. :(

Surely the French intelligence services are as advanced as our own?

With a clever enough person behind the wheel I don't think we would see it coming :(.

Iirc the latest publically known one was foiled because they recruited a journalist to carry out the attack.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom