Paris attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Absolutely planned but I've little doubt it was awaiting an activation call following a blow against ISIS, JJ being retired for example.

Not convinced, think it was coincidence, given the targets included the stadium where the football was on and a concert hall where Eagles of Death Metal were playing.

I think it was more likely planned to hit alongside events like those rather than those targets being picked in the few hours since news of JJ came out.

Soldato
Sat in the departure lounge at Luton atm, plenty of armed police walking around with rifles, sniffer dogs, etc, can't have enough of them..

Travelled through Luton a few weeks ago, nothing like that then, just your typical 'hold points' like the security barriers. Didn't see a single officer, gun or dog wandering the airport.

Soldato
You start to get a little sick of just how willing people are to cause so much harm and pain to others, never mind the terrible acts. religion is a potent medium for spreading hateful beliefs and extreme views with dire consequence. I believe if we lived in a world without religion we would still have the nutters and the idiots but it couldn't reach such a unified and calculated campaign of hate.

How much different the world would be without this singular belief of a higher power.

Soldato
Travelled through Luton a few weeks ago, nothing like that then, just your typical 'hold points' like the security barriers. Didn't see a single officer, gun or dog wandering the airport.

Yeah there's loads today, they had about 10 counter terrorist officers stood near the entrance to departures, eyeballing the hell out of everyone - which is absolutely fine with me..

It's interesting how incidents like what happened in Paris skew opinions, I mean I'm 100x more likely to die from a heart attack or cancer than I am by any terrorist incident, but you can't help but get caught up in the moment of these things sometimes..

Associate
My thoughts go to those affected by these attacks, it is absolutely terrible.

I am completely mind blown that our current government has decided that now is an excellent time to be imposing massive cuts to our own police and security forces. I really would hate to think what kind of response we could field to a similar series of events in a year or so's time.

Caporegime
What we need is a show of faith.

We need to see British, French, German Muslims lining the streets to protest and show solidarity not to their Islamic brothers but against them and their 'non islamic' messages.

We know they have the capacity to do so. But will they?

Unless this occurs and they really fight against this terrify threat from the front line and show their host nations that they are here for mutual benefit and are aghast at these attacks then we can never truly believe that they do not support the attacks and the attacks will not cease.

Soldato
Terrible tragedy but why even make your country a target for scum like this. There is a good reason the likes of Germany don't get attacked.

As per usual scum politicians make the stupid decisions and the population they serve pay the consequences.

Associate
What we need is a show of faith.

We need to see British, French, German Muslims lining the streets to protest and show solidarity not to their Islamic brothers but against them and their 'non islamic' messages.

What we need are security services that don't allow 8 maniacs to buy assault rifles and make bombs and coordinate an attack on innocent people.

The anger and hate will never go away. These people are total nut jobs and will remain so for however long their sorry lives go on for.

Is the West somewhat responsible? Yes, very much so. The amount of civilians we have directly or indirectly killed in the Middle East over the last decade is countless more than lost their lives tonight. However that's somewhat irrelevant now.

Religion isn't going away. Islam is only getting stronger. We need capable people who can prevent this sort of atrocity taking place in the future and we need to stop bombing other countries. Those are the only 2 things that will make a difference in the real World

Soldato
My thoughts go out to the innocent victims and their families of this disgusting attack on civilised humanity. We must stand together in condemning this atrocity and the evil that perpetrates it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom