Picked up a LG OLED55B6V

Associate
Hi Roger when you first start a 4K UHD video on amazon it initially starts of at 1080p and then after minute or so it should increase to UHD resolution.

Try playing The Grand tour and if the tv switches to HDR mode in the top right corner then it is working correctly.

Will try that now!

Associate
Well no 4K via Amazon but my internet runs 11.7mbps on a speed test though.

My question is this...I sit 3M from my 55" tv....is it worth me upgrading to BT Infinity for 4K Amazon/Netflix? Will I see the difference?

Still blown away by the B6... it's cinema quality, no motion blur type effects and I love all the picture tweaking to get it how I like it. Turned down the OLED light a lot for evening viewing.

Soldato
y question is this...I sit 3M from my 55" tv....is it worth me upgrading to BT Infinity for 4K Amazon/Netflix? Will I see the difference?

If the cost of upgrading to BT Infinity is only a few £ a month then i would say yes its worth the upgrade there is more and more content coming now in 4K/HDR and even the BBC iplayer will be going to jump to 4K at some point in the near future.

Did you get your 4K fish tank video yet ?

Associate
If the cost of upgrading to BT Infinity is only a few £ a month then i would say yes its worth the upgrade there is more and more content coming now in 4K/HDR and even the BBC iplayer will be going to jump to 4K at some point in the near future.

Did you get your 4K fish tank video yet ?

Can I actually see the dif 2k vs 4k at 3 metres?

Tried the youtube 4k fishtank...not sure it is actually 4k though but it could be filmed better, it's not to the same quality as tv shows etc

Soldato
I'm playing 4k uhd shows off netflix...how do I know it's a 4K stream and not 1080?

Well on the B6 remote there is no info button so you cant bring up the resolution info box on Netflix.

I get the Dolby Vision logo on Marxo Polo/Netflix...is thst 4k ?

Yes, although personally I would not rate a lot of the 4k/hdr content on Netflix, most of it has that horrible grain effect.

Associate
Well on the B6 remote there is no info button so you cant bring up the resolution info box on Netflix.

Yes, although personally I would not rate a lot of the 4k/hdr content on Netflix, most of it has that horrible grain effect.

Yes, I noted the lack of resolution button. I know people set the de judder to 0 but I've got mine set to 2 and deblur 10, I've noticed the odd bit of ghosting/motion issue occasionally...any tips/settings for perfect motion?

Permabanned
Bought this a few months back and I still love it, no more fiddling round with settings , everything just looks stunning.

I'm assuming we will get Youtube HDR content at some point?

Soldato
I know people set the de judder to 0 but I've got mine set to 2 and deblur 10, I've noticed the odd bit of ghosting/motion issue occasionally...any tips/settings for perfect motion?

There is no perfect motion setting that is why most people leave de-judder at 0 as anything higher can cause various motion artefacts or you canturn true motion of completely :)

Yes, I noted the lack of resolution button.

Yes there is no info button on the lg remote or for netflix which is pretty silly really. you can see the info of what is playing if you have a device connected via HDMI though or if you are using the in built tv tuners.

Back
Top Bottom