Picked up a LG OLED55B6V

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Have any of the firmwares improved the motion?

The out of the box motion controls seem to suffer the same issues as other sets with the artefacting and soap opera effect, but the custom controls really shine.

Someone mentioned earlier in this thread to set it to 2, I have it at 3. I also have the other setting (I forget the name) all the way to 10, and everything looks great. I'm quite sensitive to poor motion/fps/judder but I no longer notice any of the previous problems

Associate
The out of the box motion controls seem to suffer the same issues as other sets with the artefacting and soap opera effect, but the custom controls really shine.

Someone mentioned earlier in this thread to set it to 2, I have it at 3. I also have the other setting (I forget the name) all the way to 10, and everything looks great. I'm quite sensitive to poor motion/fps/judder but I no longer notice any of the previous problems

I got some blur/motion artefact particularly as an aircraft came into land in 'Chapo' at deblur 10, dejudder 2. I'm currently running Trumotion OFF.

Have to say SD upscale is perfect...Fresh Prince of Bel Air looks like a grrat CRT tube.

Associate
Finally got my 55 c6v ! Amazing picture on xbox one s and ps4 pro ! Wow totally blown way by the blacks and great contrast colour pop and detail on UHD movies ! Damn that picture just pops , I was playing halo 4 and thought I was playing a remaster ! 3d is a game changer in this set , I could literally walk into the picture ! It actually scared me ahahahahaha! The only area i thought It lacked was on older bluray movies or just poorly mastered films ! Have any of you thought the TV scales better than the xbox one s internal scaler ? I set my video output to 1080p so the TV could do the scaling and I thought the PQ was better than setting the xbox to 4k output as it looked softer using the xbox to scale ?

Associate
Thanks! If only they had the 5 year Guarantee like others. A local currys have the C6 in... i wonder if i can fit it into the back of a ford focus!

The 55" will but I would be very careful buying a TV from in store such as currys , its a nightmare to return. Better buying online and be covered by dsr. If you have to buy in store maybe look at costco 90 day no quibble return policy :)

Associate
Panning shots don't seem smooth...like there's frames missing. Ideas on how to remedy this? Tried trumotion off, deblur 10/dejudder 0/2/3 etc

I read something about turning de interlacing off if using an external media player but I am using inbuilt apps

Associate
Sky q uhd is setup but I don't think my Tv is displaying 4k uhd because in settings it's still isf dark? I tried Netflix and Amazon and it's the same no uHd settings is it faulty? Oh Dolby vision works though Marco Polo

Back
Top Bottom