Picked up a LG OLED55B6V

Associate
I'll try with deblur 1 and let you know. 2/3 and 10 are usually ok for me, but I've noticed some annoyances in some things that I'd like to remove (may have just been the official plex app though, complete dog)
I'll try with deblur 1 and let you know. 2/3 and 10 are usually ok for me, but I've noticed some annoyances in some things that I'd like to remove (may have just been the official plex app though, complete dog)

Dejudder 2/3 gives unnatural motion. I just dropped a little bit of trumotion 1/1 in as a compromise. The panning shots are what get me but a lot of that is 24p being sent to the fast response oled. I did see a youtube video that panned and was perfect so source matters.

Associate
The only OLED currently on their website is a Panasonic at £2969. Ex Display.

There out of stock at moment, I would keep checking back regular.

appears to late , taken from thread on avforums :-

"Phoned TotalDigital this morning and they stated there are no further deals planned at the moment for the B7 as they had sold all the stock they held. No plans on deals for the E7 either." E7 was at 2500 on there. For best prices look in tv section on avforum oled then oled then oled price changes thread to keep up to date with best deals from savy users.

I would post link but not sure if allowed.

I think costco is @ £2200 for b7

Soldato
I just read that thread on AVForums and there seemed to be a couple of people inventing the link but the actual one has disappeared. The page title showed
LG OLED55B7V OLED TV 4K Ultra HD 55 Freeview HD Smart webOS USB 55B7V Supreme image quality [OLED55B7V] - £1,999.00 : Total Digital - The Home of Audio Visual Entertainment
but with 12 months warranty these were refurb not new. The new warranty is 5 years. It also says John Lewis do not price match with Total Digital on the thread.

Associate
I just read that thread on AVForums and there seemed to be a couple of people inventing the link but the actual one has disappeared. The page title showed

but with 12 months warranty these were refurb not new. The new warranty is 5 years. It also says John Lewis do not price match with Total Digital on the thread.

They did but not from web url , from other users I noticed they had to input address of business for price match. Where does it say there refurb ? as far as aware there brand new haven't seen any mention of refurb anywhere of thread but possible im blind
smile.gif

As far as aware they were cheaper because only 12 month warranty.

Costco I haven't seen online only in store , but with 90 day no quibble and 5 year warranty one would have no issues collecting from store as opposed to dsr :)

Last edited:
Associate
I wouldent assume that , if they were refurbs people would have mentioned on avforum as most are ocd on there ...... but saying that people were price matching with JL so guessing no one actually bought from there and using for price match so what you say is very much possible. Can all be confirmed with phone call :)

Caporegime
So seeing as my 58" Panasonic tv has been damaged beyond repair, using my old 46" plasma for time being.

I'm a bit torn whether to get another 58" Panasonic 902 series tv or this time get an lg oled. Main issue is that I'll lose the extra 3 inches that my Panasonic had compared to the 55" oled screen.

Not sure if I should get the e6 or b6 model, insurance company is sending me out a cheque for a replacement tv. Original Panasonic tv that I had was £1950 last year so I have £1950 to spend on a new TV set.

Soldato
Folks picked the last one up from Currys earlier today, ex display model. Popped round to help them set it up and it's got image retention or burn from the demo being constantly run on it, currently letting it run the LG clear image thing for a hour to see if it clears it up if not be going back tomorrow.

Shame as I tried some HDR Netflix and damn that looks so good.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
When I first got this, I didn't feel the difference compared to my old 1080 samsung was enough. Had a bit of buyers remorse.
I gave the samsung to family earlier in the week, and was really shocked at just how bad it was in comparison!

Buyers remorse completely gone.

Back
Top Bottom