Picked up a LG OLED55B6V

Caporegime
Hmmm so insurance company has decided to send me a cheque to replace my damaged tv, sending me a cheque for £1400.

Only problem is that the b6 oled TVs are pretty much sold out at the price point of £1300 odd.

I could go and get the same tv that I had which was damaged. But really wanted the b6 oled.

At the moment I'm using my Panasonic 46 plasma which is still a brilliant tv. And am thinking I might as well just hang onto the money and get a b7 when they invariably drop in price sometime next year.

Gahh decisions decisions :/.

Soldato
Hmmm so insurance company has decided to send me a cheque to replace my damaged tv, sending me a cheque for £1400.

Only problem is that the b6 oled TVs are pretty much sold out at the price point of £1300 odd.

I could go and get the same tv that I had which was damaged. But really wanted the b6 oled.

At the moment I'm using my Panasonic 46 plasma which is still a brilliant tv. And am thinking I might as well just hang onto the money and get a b7 when they invariably drop in price sometime next year.

Gahh decisions decisions :/.

Try the currys deal a few of us have taken advantage of? Will cost you £200 or so out of pocket but you'll have this years model delivered tomorrow.

Soldato
Deal ended on Monday Glanza, they ran out of stock of the 24" models needed to do it.

The first one mentioned I couldn't order but found another one on the site, granted they've emailed me to say they might not be able to deliver it in the 5 working day time frame and will be in touch, Hopefully can just request a refund on it.

Associate
If there is one bit of tech that the wife can get on board with, it's a new TV.

I've shown the wife a couple of the LG's OLED's over the last couple of days to put the seed there for Black Friday time. Can hopefully pick one up then for a decent price.

Soldato
So is this B7 really that much better than the B6?

The price difference is pretty substantial. I presume this is before the B6 is older.

Edit - ignore as I've seen replies to a similar question.

Soldato
So is this B7 really that much better than the B6?

The price difference is pretty substantial. I presume this is before the B6 is older.

Edit - ignore as I've seen replies to a similar question.

Check out some of the reviews, they pretty much confirm that it's not worth the big price difference if you can still buy the B6.

Obviously this is not the case as much now because its harder to buy the B6 from a reputable seller.

So its more of a case of waiting for the price drop on the B7.

Think its meant to be a little brighter and improvements in shadow detail.

Soldato
They had some ex demo or recon stock last week but it wasn't a great saving. I spent best part of a week trying to source the b6 but no one has new stock anymore, luckily got the currys deal for the b7.

Doubt it. As it's only being sold view their online store.

Looking at it now. It may not be a b6. The title reads -

LG 55 INCH OLED

Back
Top Bottom