Picked up a LG OLED55B6V

Caporegime
My remorse is not buying one when they were at £1400

Edit: Seems to be a trick on Curry's site at the moment where you can add this http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and...tv-with-built-in-dvd-player-10141132-pdt.html to your basket alongside an OLED or whatever other TV and use the code SSTV25 and you can pick up a LG OLED55B7V for £1859, and then flog the crappy TV for £100 or whatever, few people on avforums said they've had confirmation and dispatch emails so seems like they may honour it.

Another edit: Seems like you can actually return the crap TV for a refund, so hopefully I'll be enjoying a 55B7V tomorrow for £1700 :)

Last edited:
Associate
My remorse is not buying one when they were at £1400

Edit: Seems to be a trick on Curry's site at the moment where you can add this http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and...tv-with-built-in-dvd-player-10141132-pdt.html to your basket alongside an OLED or whatever other TV and use the code SSTV25 and you can pick up a LG OLED55B7V for £1859, and then flog the crappy TV for £100 or whatever, few people on avforums said they've had confirmation and dispatch emails so seems like they may honour it.

Another edit: Seems like you can actually return the crap TV for a refund, so hopefully I'll be enjoying a 55B7V tomorrow for £1700 :)

Thanks for this saved myself more than 500 quid and was actually in richer sounds earlier on yesterday about to fork over 2200 for it when I realise I didn't have my wallet! For anyone trying this I found that it didn't work with this tele as it couldn't be home delivered. But there is a JVC 24" TV for £210 that has the same offer and I was able to do it with that because I could get that home delivered.

Soldato
I'm still loving my B6 no complaints at all. Actually only one small issue is that every now and again about 1-2 a week at most it does not turn on my sound bar so I have to do it manually.... That's about it tbh. lol......

Soldato
I'm still loving my B6 no complaints at all. Actually only one small issue is that every now and again about 1-2 a week at most it does not turn on my sound bar so I have to do it manually.... That's about it tbh. lol......

Maybe try a different cable or check your soundbar has updated firmware. What soundbar have you got?

Soldato
Thanks for this saved myself more than 500 quid and was actually in richer sounds earlier on yesterday about to fork over 2200 for it when I realise I didn't have my wallet! For anyone trying this I found that it didn't work with this tele as it couldn't be home delivered. But there is a JVC 24" TV for £210 that has the same offer and I was able to do it with that because I could get that home delivered.

Just done this myself and ordered the OLED, ordered confirmation has come through awaiting dispatch email.

Caporegime
Did you get your dispatch email shortly after order or the back end of the day?

I ordered mine Saturday but payment didn't process through PayPal till Sunday morning then had a ready for dispatch email after that, I haven't actually received a dispatch email but I used the tracking on the Currys site to check and the driver has rang half an hour or so ago saying they'll be 45-60 mins.

Soldato
Got the preparing to deliver email through just now and another email stating:

Due to unforeseen circumstances, we regret to inform you that you may not receive your order within the delivery timescale indicated on the website. We will contact you shortly to discuss the matter with you, in the meantime please accept our apologies for the potential delay.

I'm guessing it's for the smaller JVC as that had a upto 5 working days delivery scale where as the OLED is saying it'll be delivered tomorrow.

Edit: Is for the 24" JVC, tracking now showing OLED will be with me tomorrow.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Can't see much point making a thread for the newer model so will continue to discuss the B7 in here, initial impressions have exceeded my expectations, it looked great in store but until you get it home and in a dark room with the settings fiddled with it really comes to life. I've been re-watching The Sopranos Blu-ray the last few weeks and even though it's just 1080p it looks like a different series on the OLED, also watched yesterdays GOT and it's just staggering how much it brings everything to life, the blacks, the contrast, all the different shades of colours you can see. I thought I'd have had a moment of buyers remorse by now as I've never had the urge to buy a TV over a grand but my only regret is not buying into OLED earlier!

Caporegime
Can't see much point making a thread for the newer model so will continue to discuss the B7 in here, initial impressions have exceeded my expectations, it looked great in store but until you get it home and in a dark room with the settings fiddled with it really comes to life. I've been re-watching The Sopranos Blu-ray the last few weeks and even though it's just 1080p it looks like a different series on the OLED, also watched yesterdays GOT and it's just staggering how much it brings everything to life, the blacks, the contrast, all the different shades of colours you can see. I thought I'd have had a moment of buyers remorse by now as I've never had the urge to buy a TV over a grand but my only regret is not buying into OLED earlier!

That's what I said yonks back :)

In store conditions, with the bright lights overhead the LED's can often look as good as an OLED.

Get it home and there's no contest. OLED is miles better.

Soldato
Anyone had any problems of the sound stopping working on HDMI 2, been away a couple of days, have the Xbox one plugged into it. Was playing it fine before I went away, came back today and now the sound isn't working on that, swapped the Xbox to another port and is working fine outputting sound. Plugged virgin box into it and still no sound. HDMI 2 is labelled as ARC if that had anything to do with it, thing is no one has been here to have changed anything on tv.

Soldato
Never mind, figured it out. If it happens to anyone else, go into the general setting and change the HDMI ultra HD deep colour status, then change it back if you want it on.

Associate
My B7 is coming tomorrow from JL. Had a Panasonic Plasma for 9 years which shows how good these TVs are. Looking for a big step up though with the B7.

Last edited:
Soldato
Got out of work early and just finished setting it up, wow is all I can say. Tested with some 4k / hdr content and it seems even better on the 2017 model than the 2016 I had a watch of a few week ago.

Back
Top Bottom