Pico 4 out soon?

Got a response to a query that I had from SA today.
The Pico 4 does come with a USBC connection cable. However, it's a USB 2, so might be fine for charging, but is probably rubbish for data streaming.
I've had a quick look around and can see USB-A to USB-C 3.1 cables by Anker and Lindy. Anyone got a good suggestion?

it wont matter if the cable is 3.2, 3.1 or 3.0
just use the cable that comes with it, unless you need a longer one ? if so get a USB 2 and save your money

ive got a few USB-c to USB-A cables (all USB 3)

Last edited:
Surprised if this is really being sent out on the 4th. When I ordered it said I'd be asked for payment on the 4th. But I assumed the product would be sent on the 14th. I only ordered on the 27th though so mine might be later than other peoples I suppose.

The only mail i have from them, is to tell me I'm entitled to a 35% discount. If they send me another mail and a code, you can have it.

Thanks mate, but I don't expect it for nothing. I'll sort you something, although I did read it might be tied to your email address. Let's see what happens.

I won't get it..had an email today saying so.
Asked them about delivery of my Pico 4 pre order and they replied 4th Oct despatch for next day delivery so that's good news.

Surprised if this is really being sent out on the 4th. When I ordered it said I'd be asked for payment on the 4th. But I assumed the product would be sent on the 14th. I only ordered on the 27th though so mine might be later than other peoples I suppose.

time will tell

4/5 days away

it wont matter if the cable is 3.2, 3.1 or 3.0
just use the cable that comes with it, unless you need a longer one ? if so get a USB 2 and save your money

ive got a few USB-c to USB-A cables (all USB 3)

The USB specs suggest that USB should be massively slower than USB3.2. Are you saying that's only the connection sockets and that the cables should all be the same?

Pico 4 doesn’t have a tethered streaming option through the USB port at this point, so an upgraded cable is of little use. You either use it as a standalone or wirelessly with either their own Wi-Fi streaming software or with virtual desktop’s app.

If they do enable it later then you would certainly want to use a decent cable, but for now it’s a moot point… one would hope they haven’t limited themselves by bizarrely fitting a USB 2.0 port to the headset (which would certainly be unusual with a type C connector imo).

Whilst not a full review Seb gives some really positive feedback on the Pico 4 here. Must admit after watching it i'm tempted although I don't think I will buy 1 as I just don't see what it'll do for me personally above what my Quest 2 already does. Is tempting though. It's a great, probably better, alternative to a Quest 2.

As an upgrade from a Rift, Rift S, Quest 1 or as a first headset this would be the go-to choice. It's just not a big enough upgrade if you already have a Q2.

The only mail i have from them, is to tell me I'm entitled to a 35% discount. If they send me another mail and a code, you can have it.
As I understand it so far there is no code, it is a manual process. Somehow they will discount based on matching personal details (and contacting purchaser) when they take payment (which is at shipment not order).

Potentially. How's the software and size of store? I remember those being issues before.

As a Pico are a newer player the store is a bit lacking for standalone use, but I'm sure this will get better as time progresses. Streaming steam PCVR stuff to it is a big plus. Whether Pico could make the headset compatible with Meta PCVR streamage would be a very interesting notion.

Last edited:
As a Pico are a newer player the store is a bit lacking for standalone use, but I'm sure this will get better as time progresses. Streaming steam PCVR stuff to it is a big plus. Whether Pico could make the headset compatible with Meta PCVR streamage would be a very interesting notion.
Being able to play meta pcvr games on it would be a big boon. I'm sure it must be possible.

They say you play ALL meta PCVR games

I've mentioned it before

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom