Pico 4 out soon?

As I understand it so far there is no code, it is a manual process. Somehow they will discount based on matching personal details (and contacting purchaser) when they take payment (which is at shipment not order).

Cheers for that. I was about to contact them to enquire, as the last mail was dated the 21st.

I guess it makes sense that they would do that. I'm surprised they haven't sent a purchasing link though. Guidance on the process would have been nice as they made me aware of the discount, and navigating their site is a bit of a mare.

Can anyone with a Pico 3 confirm this?

You can use revive, same as any other Open VR headset. Oculus budgeted PCVR titles are a dying breed, so just about everything that you want to be working through revive does. The bonus with the Pico, they marry up with touch controllers, so there's no issues like when using vive/index/wmr controls.

Brad supposedly has the specs of the upcoming quest 3 (which was suggested to be released a year from now but who knows)

Battery not in back thou and no face/eye tracking is surprising.

To be honest seeing the quest 3 specs makes me want to order the pico 4 more, but I want to wait to see what the quest pro will be priced at and some other info about it. I have a feeling it will be over a grand and then thats my decision. I bet it will weigh more then the pico 4 (which is Very important to me). Although the pro will have the battery in the back so better weight distribution.

Some info about the pcvr in pico 4 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-0KNZpD15c (awesome mini review)
he said the pcvr does not work atm - but he got a special access to virtual desktop and then got it to work.
Great review if you are thinking about getting it.

If the specs for the Quest 3 are indeed correct then I'm really dissapointed and can see myself moving toward a Pico 4 if and when I decide to upgrade from the Quest 2. Comfort is a big factor for me and seeing the Quest 3 having the battery in the front again really puts me off, plus no eye tracking in a head set that could be out in the latter half of 2023 just does not seem worth the wait.
The Pico 4 is looking very tempting indeed so I will look forward to Forum peoples thoughts when you finally get your hands on one.

Last edited:
If the specs for the Quest 3 are indeed correct then I'm really dissapointed and can see myself moving toward a Pico 4 if and when I decide to upgrade from the Quest 2. Comfort is a big factor for me and seeing the Quest 3 having the battery in the front again really puts me off, plus no eye tracking in a head set that could be out in the latter half of 2023 just does not seem worth the wait.
The Pico 4 is looking very tempting indeed so I will looik forward to Forum peoples thoughts when you finally get your hands on one.

i will be letting you know when its in my hands etc

Going back to the usb c thing

On the official website it says

uSB-C TO USB-C 2.0 data cable supplied

Which is rather odd

I'll try and test speeds with a 3.2 cable that I have and see if its above usb 2 speeds
I "think" its just a charging cable provided - meaning far too short to be use as a data cable. I think the quest 2 had a real short one also.

Ok so this guy says you can connect via USB cable for pcvr,
At 9 minutes he talks about it,
He also confirms to people in the comments section

Last edited:
Just paid for mine.
Ordered my VROptician lenses earlier this week and also a USB 3.1 cable to facilitate tethering.

Just got DCS up and running with OpenXR. Ready to ROCK!

Last edited:

Ok so this guy says you can connect via USB cable for pcvr,
At 9 minutes he talks about it,
He also confirms to people in the comments section

i havent watched it, but i am confident that the Pico 4 WILL have data via USB-C port, so another words, PCVR gaming through the cable !

I'm very tempted to order one of these, I got a quest 2 about 2 months and absolutely love it, I'm pretty much done with flatscreen gaming now. These look fantastic for the price, with better lenses, wider fov, an extra 1.1M pixels per eye and best of all lightweight, comfortable and longer battery life.

Noticed that System Active are now saying that new orders for Pico 4 will be charged on the 17th. So they must have gone through their first batch of units, I paid for mine yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom