Pico 4 out soon?

What are you going to be using the headset for? Standalone or PCVR. What games are wanting to be playing, all of them or only a specific genre? These things should influence your decision.
I missed this one sorry. Is Beat Sabre on Pico 4? Do VR sets have similar limitations to consoles - ie some games are tied only to Xbox, Switch or PS?

The 256gb would just give me plenty of headroom so I don't have to think about storage limits for a while.

I missed this one sorry. Is Beat Sabre on Pico 4? Do VR sets have similar limitations to consoles - ie some games are tied only to Xbox, Switch or PS?

The 256gb would just give me plenty of headroom so I don't have to think about storage limits for a while.

Beat sabre is on the pico store. I think most of the staples are. Up until now, there's only really been the quest so not really any headset exclusives. That said, dance central vr is a pico exclusive which I know my daughter and mrs will love.

As you have a decent PC you could have access to the oculus/meta store and steam games and stream them to the headset using virtual desktop or the pico software.

As you have a decent PC you could have access to the oculus/meta store and steam games and stream them to the headset using virtual desktop or the pico software.

Mmmm, interesting. If I've purchased some games for the quest2 like star wars galaxys edge, can I do the same thing? I thought it was only the old rift games for some reason.

Mmmm, interesting. If I've purchased some games for the quest2 like star wars galaxys edge, can I do the same thing? I thought it was only the old rift games for some reason.
No, Quest native games are tied to the headset.
It's only Steam or Oculus PC games that can be streamed.

Some of the games are cross buy, so if you have them for the Quest, you get the PCVR version as a freebie.

It states what the game is applicable to in the meta store.
hmmmm i dont know when it happened but unless i am being blind this info has been removed

it used to say iirc supports (for instance) Quest, Quest 2 , rift but now it does not even mention rift at all.

i checked thrill of the fight as well.... both of these are cross buy (unless it has changed)

hmmmm i dont know when it happened but unless i am being blind this info has been removed

it used to say iirc supports (for instance) Quest, Quest 2 , rift but now it does not even mention rift at all.

i checked thrill of the fight as well.... both of these are cross buy (unless it has changed)

I’ll check when I finish work. It may have changed but I never noticed the lack of Rift being mentioned.

pico 4 is good really
obviously we want it higher, but we are not there yet
pico 4 is as good as it gets so far

its got the highest FOV in "vertical" but its good to H/V ratio unlike the others where they are more "one" sided (ie Horizontal and a lot less vertical as a result)
its a good sweet spot

That's a decent FOV bump for sure! I thought it was the same as the quest2 and neo3, but obviously not. I'm sure MRTV said he didn't notice the FOV being any better, but maybe that was when he was at the games conference a few months ago.

Very impressed!

Back
Top Bottom