Pico 4 out soon?

So those that have a g2 and a pico 4, what do you prefer? Might just wait until Black Friday and see if the g2 goes on sale as I’ve read/watched mixed opinions. Thanks

are you referring to TheOracle or yourself ?

i don't mind if it doesn't as i use a battery pack
Just my humble opinion based on what i've seen so far..if i'm honest the pico 4 is not too different to the pico 3 link i sent back but time will tell i have only used the 4 for an hour or so.
Also noticed a bit of reflective glare when you have a bright object in view wonder if that's due to the pancake lenses?

Last edited:
Amazon one just arrived. Dead pixel (red) slap bang in the middle lol

These pico headsets are trash aren't they.

My system active one is ok, tiny, tiny spec of dust lower right which I can live with. Now it's just the battery life and overall comfort.

1hr is pretty pants. It really is.....that's flight sim out the window for a start. My thinking is that if I have to use a cable for extra power, I might as well just get something with a DP port.

GPU is struggling at native res. Might drop down to high settings and see what it's like.

Come on guys, what we all thinking? Bloody hell, still not a perfect VR headset!

If my fanatec gear worked on PS5, I'd be seriously thinking about going that route.

Last edited:
I don't own the G2, but they compared the pico 4 to the G2, and the G2 still wins
but if you want wireless, then there's no comparison
Thanks mate

Also, people keep mentioning dust, is this like actual real dust or some vr term?

Last edited:
Amazon one just arrived. Dead pixel (red) slap bang in the middle lol

These pico headsets are trash aren't they.

My system active one is ok, tiny, tiny spec of dust lower right which I can live with. Now it's just the battery life and overall comfort.

1hr is pretty pants. It really is.....that's flight sim out the window for a start. My thinking is that if I have to use a cable for extra power, I might as well just get something with a DP port.

GPU is struggling at native res. Might drop down to high settings and see what it's like.

Come on guys, what we all thinking? Bloody hell, still not a perfect VR headset!

You could use a powerbank, it prevents you being tethered to the PC, but the powerbank either on the headset, or in a pocket.

I'm not having a cable flapping around, else I'd be going back to the pico 3....which, I'm wondering if it's better than the 4.

You can secure the cable so it doesn't flap around at all, I don't notice the cable from my powerbank on the quest 2 (at least when I bother to secure it properly, even then, rarely in game).

Thanks mate

Also, people keep mentioning dust, is this like actual real dust or some vr term?

on mine it looks like a soft white dead pixel. You can only see it on black backgrounds. One of my pico 3 had a nasty spec of dust near the middle. That looked like a dead bug, and was clear, but you could still see it.

Just want to say thank you for being patient with us as we navigate this Pico 4 situation. As you know our allocated amount of Pico’s were cut short last night meaning that some weren’t going to get their headset until the next batch arrived in the UK. Fortunately, we have managed to secure additional units to fulfil the remaining orders, these will ship tonight for delivery tomorrow. If you haven’t received your Pico headset yet please look out for a text message tomorrow with your tracking details, this text will be from the courier not us.

Again, thank you for your patience and understanding over the past few weeks.

Kind regards,

SystemActive Team

its in my hands :confused:

ok charged and I've tested it for comfort

Its not bad !
the padding design, doesn't really work, but its very light and well balanced

i think a VR facial interface would suit this very well, front and back, then it be pretty perfect i recon
just the material they used doesn't really work, but its pretty comfy

material, as in over your face and at the back of your head, rest of it its good quality

Last edited:
Facial interface and light leakage seems a common complaint, hopefully we get some more options soon… would be nice if pico released CAD models like HP did for the G2.

Back
Top Bottom