Playstation 4 being announced February 20th?

Caporegime
Here's a quote from Wiki about the release of the PS3:

Although it continues to say:

Which wouldn't be a problem this time. So a worldwide release is entirely possible.
Yet the Vita was Japan only then worldwide and there were no issues regards production capabilities AFAIK. Im just illustrating that if you look at previous Sony trends you need to realise that the PS3 launch is the odd one out...

WW release is entirely possible, all that is certain when the PS4 is out, it will be out in Japan first...

Though personally I wont be considering either til probably Q4 2014 myself, never been one of those people that need to buy things on launch, especially considering how poor reliability will be...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
Yet the Vita was Japan only then worldwide and there were no issues regards production capabilities AFAIK. Im just illustrating that if you look at previous Sony trends you need to realise that the PS3 launch is the odd one out...

WW release is entirely possible, all that is certain when the PS4 is out, it will be out in Japan first...

The difference between the PS4 and Vita is the Vita doesn't have any competition coming out around the same time.
It's more than likely that the PS4 and Xbox will be out around the same time and Sony simply can't afford to let the Xbox gain a massive lead in terms of sales as they did with the PS3. Sony were slightly arrogant last time around due to how well the Playstation 2 sold and that arrogance bit them in the backside. They won't want to make that mistake again.

Soldato
Sony were slightly arrogant last time around due to how well the Playstation 2 sold and that arrogance bit them in the backside. They won't want to make that mistake again.
Their arrogance over past success wasn't the only thing that Sony did wrong back then. I went from a mindset of "Sony can do no wrong" to never again buying a Sony device since their treatment of EU during PS3's launch.

Well saying that, I have just last week bought a PS3 super slim for the first time as I couldn't resist Ni No Kuni. But I firmly believe they need to go about handling and presenting the PS4 much better than they did last time around. If they start with the same **** treatment then I'll simply pass on it once again.

Associate
Slightly on/off topic. Where do people get there news from on consoles? IGN / Eurogamer i've always used but I don't know how unbiased they are.

To keep it on topic I'm not bothered about reviews or videos etc but nice walls of texts preferably a site that doesn't use epic or 1337speak every other word :p

Caporegime
Eurogamer is a good site imo, I like GiantBomb as well. I tend to avoid Gamespot these days though I used to watch their reviews when they had Navarro and Gerstmann.

Caporegime
I guess a lot of the ps3 popularity was/is blu ray

Will be interesting as to who does better initially and over time. The initial cost will be horrific for both.

Let's just hope both consoles are pretty close hardware wise. Best thing for everyone. Whether I get a xbox or not will depend on cost and if it's good enough to replace pc gaming (ie keyboard and mouse options)

GAC

GAC

Soldato
IFthe specs are as in that post then yeah its looking very nice. of course depends what comes from the game studio's.

Caporegime
It should be better for Sony this time around as they are using mainstream parts. No fledgling technologies like Blu-ray or Cell to push into people's homes anymore.

Soldato

GAC

GAC

Soldato
you never know wannabedamned, if its going to play 4k games at all it will need the video memory.

as for the 8 gig its possible especially if the devs have said it needs it.

memory prices are cheap to what they used to be and who knows what deals sony gets buying memory direct from the fabs at bulk prices.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
why not ? ps4 will have a 10 year lifespan so will be around long enough for people to have 4k displays.

Soldato
I cant wait for the 20th.

It will be capable of displaying 4k 'content' but there's no way it will run games at true 4k. The performance hit would be huge.

Caporegime
Why is it so hard to believe?

Sony has a couple of 1080p games, look at Wipeout, that was years ago. So who knows what they've been able to get out the new console.

Soldato
OP
you never know wannabedamned, if its going to play 4k games at all it will need the video memory.

as for the 8 gig its possible especially if the devs have said it needs it.

memory prices are cheap to what they used to be and who knows what deals sony gets buying memory direct from the fabs at bulk prices.

Even if memory is cheap they can't just stick extra chips in it at the last minute, increasing memory at this point would lead to delays.

Back
Top Bottom