Please Help Me Solve My Long Lasting Stutter Problem

Had another idea. This was actually a fix for an older game I played that suffered from micro stutters.

Once the game is live, go into task manager and then the details tab. Find the exe then right click > set affinity.

Untick CPU 0:
sHpzuOK.png

Click OK then try the game (reminder this will reset itself each time you open the game/exe).

My theory is that maybe the microstutter is bad because if the game is allocating most resources to core 0, it could be sharing process time with Windows. If you force the game not to be on CPU 0, then Windows can have CPU 0 to itself and the CPU will allocate resources to other cores that aren't doing much.

I was really hoping that would be the answer.
check in windows to see if you've got your background set to "slideshow". that's what was causing it for me. though I think it was that combined with automatic accent colour?

[edit]
other things,
do you have any screen capture software installed, even if not running.
anything like rivatuner/msi afterburner
Overwolf?

Last edited:
Do the stutters still happen when you’re ‘idle’ in game?

Separately, it’s not unusual for frame rates to fluctuate - you want to cap your frames so that there is as little fluctuation as possible.

Last edited:
check in windows to see if you've got your background set to "slideshow". that's what was causing it for me. though I think it was that combined with automatic accent colour?

[edit]
other things,
do you have any screen capture software installed, even if not running.
anything like rivatuner/msi afterburner
Overwolf?

Oh sorry, I meant for him - just because it would have been one of those otherwise seemingly innocuous things causing all of this frustration.

Back
Top Bottom