• Lib Dem

• UKIP

• Other (please state)

• I won't be voting

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Do you mean Cameronmania? I mean Clegg didn't propose the tuition fee debacle, he just couldn't stop it. Its should be remembered for what it was not just a memory swayed by the press.

Actually, the tripling of tuition fees WAS put to parliament by a LibDem (Vince Cable) and Clegg did have the ability to stop it and chose not to.

I'm amazed anyone still talks about them as a party of the left after the coalition and all the stuff Clegg came out and argued for.

Caporegime
Do you mean Cameronmania? I mean Clegg didn't propose the tuition fee debacle, he just couldn't stop it. Its should be remembered for what it was not just a memory swayed by the press.
No, I mean the delusion that the lib dems could win the election in 2010, when people were talking like clegg was the second coming.

Caporegime
this happened in Norfolk in council elections, forget the exact number so will make some up, was something like 100 Tory against 101 others, they formed a "Rainbow" alliance to take power, to my mind that is disgusting, all the voters for the individual parties would not have voted for independants, greens, lib, and lab to then ultimately be ruled by labour

Is this what we are as a nation, a group of spoilers who because they can't get their own way go out of their way to cripple our country

Politics is all about alliances, I don't see the problem here.

Soldato
Actually, the tripling of tuition fees WAS put to parliament by a LibDem (Vince Cable) and Clegg did have the ability to stop it and chose not to.

I'm amazed anyone still talks about them as a party of the left after the coalition and all the stuff Clegg came out and argued for.

It amazes me that this single issue, the tuition fees, still hangs over the lib dems. It affects such a small proportion of the vote yet right now a huge proportion are benefitting from the raises to the personal allowance that the lib dems were instrumental in pushing through. The conservatives have continued with this - has no one noticed that from this month the personal allowance has increased by £500 and both tax and national insurance higher rate thresholds have increased to £45k?? This is money in our pockets!

I think clegg and cable did well in coalition with cameron and provided a sensible balance. Was a shame to see the lib dems decimated how they were over a single minority issue.

Caporegime
Tuition fees are just the totemic example of their about face. I see the bedroom tax, the support of the economic failure of Tory austerity, the top down re-organisation of the NHS, and so on as being just as bad or worse.

Soldato
Taking this poll - I side 93% with Labours beliefs & 93% with SNP's. I only side with 27% of torys beliefs.

You know the torys are scum when UKIP and British National's share 37% of your thinking vs torys 27%

Quite frankly you'd have to be a pretty sick selfish human being to even think about voting tory - or mad as a hatter.

I litterally cannot get my head around why anyone thinks the torys are a good idea, in any shape or form, it logically does not make any sense, scientifically or psychologically to vote for them, unless you enjoy self harm and the damage of humanity and/or enjoy being cruel to people.

ALSO - why vote for a woman who promised not to have an election - then has one - also EVERY promise the torys have made since coming into power has been broken - literal FACT - YET !! people still want to vote for them ?!?!?

Can anyone explain this apparent national idiocy ?

My results here, take your own test as well:

http://uk.isidewith.com/results/3077095317

Soldato
I think clegg and cable did well in coalition with cameron and provided a sensible balance. Was a shame to see the lib dems decimated how they were over a single minority issue.
Indeed, they basically spent five years as human shields protecting the public from the Tories and saw their party/careers ruined as a reward, quite sad.

Associate
Taking this poll - I side 93% with Labours beliefs & 93% with SNP's. I only side with 27% of torys beliefs.

You know the torys are scum when UKIP and British National's share 37% of your thinking vs torys 27%

Quite frankly you'd have to be a pretty sick selfish human being to even think about voting tory - or mad as a hatter.

I litterally cannot get my head around why anyone thinks the torys are a good idea, in any shape or form, it logically does not make any sense, scientifically or psychologically to vote for them, unless you enjoy self harm and the damage of humanity and/or enjoy being cruel to people.

ALSO - why vote for a woman who promised not to have an election - then has one - also EVERY promise the torys have made since coming into power has been broken - literal FACT - YET !! people still want to vote for them ?!?!?

Can anyone explain this apparent national idiocy ?

My results here, take your own test as well:

http://uk.isidewith.com/results/3077095317

You say the same every election, no comrade?

Soldato
Green Party calling for a grand coalition with Labour and Lib Dems to stop UK Independence. https://www.greenparty.org.uk/news/...s-must-unite-to-stop-tories-wrecking-britain/ Seem to suggest working together so it's Conservatives vs. UKIP vs. (Labour OR Lib Dem OR Green) in contested constituencies - like they did in Richmond to Zac Goldsmith. What do we think? Good for democracy?

Sounds like it to would be an absolute disaster. Currently theres quite a lot of real incompetent idiots in some of the other parties (which is probably why they are doing so badly now).

Caporegime
I don't believe Labour can win enough seats for a coalition government. Lib Dems are more likely, IMHO. Tories have nothing to fear from Corbyn; half his own party is against him.

It isn't the Tories I'm worried about but the rest of us with him potentially leading a coalition, leading Brexit negotiations etc... While I think the Lib Dems will bounce back a lot after these elections I'm not sure they'll necessarily beat labour regardless of the polls such as the above, we're FPTP not PR after all and a lot of their potential resurgence in support could easily mean simply coming second instead of third in some areas.

Soldato
My results:

http://uk.isidewith.com/results/3077196695

Guess I'm basically Evil :D

Why though ? Why those results ? The problem with the demographic on this forum is white males aged 30+ - im in this category as well, yet , 42.5% of you want to pay for your health care? Is it because your all relatively rich ? And you can happily pay £60-100 a month to get health care? Do you all have private dental care as well ?

This is all fine and dandy but doesn't suit most of the population, why pay for an NHS when its free now ?

How do you not see the torys are running the nhs into the ground? there is plenty money for it, but its gone on tax relief for the rich.

I don't understand how people think its acceptable, even made fun of.

Soldato
This is all fine and dandy but doesn't suit most of the population, why pay for an NHS when its free now ?

How do you not see the torys are running the nhs into the ground? there is plenty money for it, but its gone on tax relief for the rich.

I don't understand how people think its acceptable, even made fun of.

At a slight tangent. I hear your concerns against the Tories, were you a remainer iro Brexit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom