Poll: Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Mk II

Who will you vote for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...seats-theresa-may-conservatives-a7764271.html

Oh please let it so.... Please
If not for a new prime minister... But just to see Mays huuuge miscalculation.
Is that the most pointless poll so far?

But the firm also allowed itself a huge margin for error, following weeks of polls showing a strong Tory lead amid widespread predictions of a landslide.
It suggests the Tories could get as many as 345 seats on a good night but as few as 274 on a bad night.

Andrew Hawkins, the chairman of ComRes, told The Times: “If voters behave in the way they broadly did in 2015 then the Conservatives remain on track for a 100-plus majority. This seems, on present assumptions, the most likely outcome.”

Soldato
Came back here this morning to check the OcUK poll had balanced it's self back out. Pretty surprised at what I am seeing. This is normally a middle to right leaning forum so I think it shows the shift here matches the public polls.

For those who originally voted Conservative and have now gone Labour, what has swung you so drastically?

Soldato
Came back here this morning to check the OcUK poll had balanced it's self back out. Pretty surprised at what I am seeing. This is normally a middle to right leaning forum so I think it shows the shift here matches the public polls.

For those who originally voted Conservative and have now gone Labour, what has swung you so drastically?

I seen through the sham that is May propped up by the tory owned rightwing media.

Soldato
I watched the may/corbyn v paxman talk and it was pretty funny to be honest..what is his job exactly other than interrupting every thing they say ? I mean yeah they do talk a lot but there's not always a yes/no answer to a question. Good example was corbyns response to "pressing the button"

Caporegime
Maybot, lurch and dumb **** bojo are any better lol.
Much better. I pray you never have to find out just how much better these ministers are compared to the current Labour alternatives.

Corbyn is gaining popularity by saying he'll put more money into public services, but how's this to be funded? Who is going to lend the British government money while Corbyn is in power? I know his manifesto is costed in a very simplistic way, but without people prepared to invest in the UK we're going to go into a massive recession so he's not going to get anything like as much tax revenue as he is assuming. That leaves us with printing money and hyper-inflation - we'll already have inflationary pressure when the pound gets devalued after a Corbyn victory, I can easily see the pound reaching parity with the dollar straight after the election. There's a massive difference from the devaluation of sterling after Brexit, where our economy remained competitive and resilient and could take advantage of currency fluctuations, and a hypothetical devaluation following a Corbyn win, where our economy will shrink and stagnate because no-one will invest in us.

Soldato
Much better. I pray you never have to find out just how much better these ministers are compared to the current Labour alternatives.

Corbyn is gaining popularity by saying he'll put more money into public services, but how's this to be funded? Who is going to lend the British government money while Corbyn is in power? I know his manifesto is costed in a very simplistic way, but without people prepared to invest in the UK we're going to go into a massive recession so he's not going to get anything like as much tax revenue as he is assuming. That leaves us with printing money and hyper-inflation - we'll already have inflationary pressure when the pound gets devalued after a Corbyn victory, I can easily see the pound reaching parity with the dollar straight after the election. There's a massive difference from the devaluation of sterling after Brexit, where our economy remained competitive and resilient and could take advantage of currency fluctuations, and a hypothetical devaluation following a Corbyn win, where our economy will shrink and stagnate because no-one will invest in us.
And you know all this how?

Man of Honour
I think this poll may be slightly misleading as everyone who is being alienated by the tories, like me, is automatically ticking the labour box - I honestly don't know if I will vote for them in the end. My vote is up for grabs, pretty much.

Soldato
During the Brexit vote: Let's make Britain GREAT again!

12 months later, during the GE Campaign: Greatness? We can't afford mediocrity. Anyone that tries to tell you different is lying.

Soldato
Past conservative voter here and likely voting for labour. Really hate the hard brexit approach offered by the tories and am very much pained that a vote for labour is a vote for Corbyn, but I can't see anything other than me putting a tick next to labour on the voting sheet. Lib Dems are nowhere at the moment and I cant stand Farron.

Honestly, I can't help wishing Nick Clegg was back as their leader, but sadly the whole tuition fees issue will hang around his neck for the rest of his life, massively unfairly imo as the lib dems never stood a chance of following through on that promise in a coalition.

Soldato
I think this poll may be slightly misleading as everyone who is being alienated by the tories, like me, is automatically ticking the labour box - I honestly don't know if I will vote for them in the end. My vote is up for grabs, pretty much.

It depends what makes sense in your constituency. Mine is already Labour so it makes sense to me to hold my nose and oppose a blue flip. I doubt I'd do that in a con held marginal seat where labour had a chance of winning it. I'd vote for whoever else I liked the look of instead.

Small working majority and teaching May a lesson would be a good result IMO. Of course it could spectacularly backfire if people aren't careful. ;) My guess is we'll see a last minute surge back to the Tories in the polls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom